The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 29th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Cruzin Terri stay safe as Ian approaches.  Things don't sound good for your getaway to Barbados.  Just wondering, would it be possible to go somewhere nice and inland when your anniversary comes.  Your house may be the best place to ride out Ian but it's no place for a celebration.

We are thinking that if we cannot get out on Monday, we will try later in the week.  I will see what happens. Not going to try anything until Saturday.  The anniversary can be a moveable feast.  We have learned to be very flexible these days.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy that some here have received good news. The discussion of preparations and evacuation made me think of my preparations, which are pretty minimal. A generator doesn't make as much sense here, but I have a camp stove and lithium-battery lanterns, and can charge my phone from the portable jump-starter for the car. I need to get more shelf-stable food, partly in case of being snowed in.

I've now cancelled the January cruise: the travel arrangements were messed up, I wasn't excited about any of the ports, and I especially didn't want to be on a ship with a vloggers' convention. I do want to take a vacation then and I'm looking at some other cruises, but won't book for a while. One that might work is the Celebrity Reflection from Fort Lauderdale.

20863738_runninginthefall.jpg.7111683c6487634aa156529cee7d3973.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

@dfish Sorry you have that gap from moving out of your house to moving in the new one. I have a rubber roof on my back porch roof. It was originally a tin roof, and I had a rubber roof put over that. It's been there over 20 years and no issues. I also have a boiler and hot water heat. I have my plumber come out to service it yearly. It's gas powered and has been reliable except for the occasional thermocouple failure (that seems to always happen on a holiday in winter!). Good that your BIL can be there to supervise.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, summer slope said:

Tree branches and leaves all over the place.  My precious Mango tree is laying on it's side.  Hopefully we can put it back in the ground.  That's all the damage.  Thank you God!

So grateful that is your only damage.  I think you should be able to replant it.  It’s had lots of water so it should be fine 🤞 

10 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Good morning from Manchester, England.  Had bumpy flights to get here so no beverage service since dinner last night.  Was dying of thirst by the time we landed.  Found a fountain on the way to passport control but there wasn’t enough pressure to have it clear the drinking spout.  Currently waiting in the hotel lounge for my room to be ready.  I had four beverages and a really nice breakfast.  Score!  My sister’s ride arrived late and she missed her train.  Not quite sure when she’ll be arriving yet.  Not too long now, I imagine.

Sounds like quite the ride (and not good).  Glad you are there safely and hopefully our thirst had been quenched.  Have a lovely time 🙂 

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I don’t think we will get the same pounding as our friends in Florida but we are expected to get some flooding high winds and rain.  We are under a hurricane/tropical storm warning.

Oh dear, Terri 😔 Hunker down and stay as safe as you can please.  My prayers are with you 🙏🏻 You sure don’t need any more water or any more devastation.

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I will devote the rest of the day to packing for Barbados.  However, still not sure we are going to get there.  Trying to think positively.

Stay positive.  It may be possible.  I hope so for your sake - you two deserve a break and a nice trip.  Hopefully if you can’t, there is an alternate spot for you 🤞 

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui @kazulook into Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port, 1851 SE 10th Avenue, right off 17th street and only a few minutes walk to Publix and Total Wine.  We stayed there in May and will stay again in February.  Good luck in your search for a hotel!  Hope you can get some things marked off your to do list, but take care not to over do it.  Then reward yourself at happy hour.  😉

Thanks!  I am looking at it.  It’s just a bit from the Embassy Suites.  Hate to join Hyatt just for breakfast (which doesn’t sound great?)

Oh I am definitely sorely out of shape - or is that just sore 😂 

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, try not to overdo it today with the planters.  I'm sorry you had to mention the "S" word.

Sorry I mentioned that 4 letter word that starts with S.  I had the radio on while I was working outside and around 2 pm there was no mention of it.  I guess, we’ll wait and see.

Great pictures as always - thank you.

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Luckily they evacuated but their home is gone. It was a beautiful home about 1/2 mile from the Bay. We were there in May for the wedding.

Oh how sad. 😔 Glad they are safe though - that’s so important right now.

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We have been advised to shelter in place.   Lots of flooding and debris. Someones gutter is in my driveway

Hunker down and stay safe please 🙏🏻 

8 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Checking in from Ocala, FL. All is well. Have just 1.4" in the rain gauge from the past 24 hours with sprinkles ongoing.  Far enough north of Orlando/I-4 to have avoided the worst of Ian.

Don't usually post here although I read and use icons daily and sometimes respond to other posts.

Thanks for the update and please don’t be shy posting here.  You are most welcome any and all times 🙂 

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

So far,fingers crossed,  we are feeling OK here and  will test tomorrow. The new aide  comes back this afternoon. 

That’s good news!  Glad you are all feeling well and hope you fail those tests tomorrow (negative).  Hope the new aide is a good one 🤞 

7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Just a quick update. The NHC tracks the eye much further South of me and Ian has picked up speed! Maximum gusts at 75 mph in Daytona.

Still a dangerous storm, but I will definitely be on the West side of the storm and the rainfall prediction has been lowered to 15 inches max. 

Hope the trend continues for our Georgian and Carolinian Dailyites. 

That is encouraging - hope the trend does continue 🙏🏻 

7 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Sue finally listened to me and saw my Nurse Practitioner for Cortisone shots in her knees. It has given her immediate relief. Tomorrow I will meet with him to go over the MRI of my right knee and have the hyaluronic acid shots in both of my knees.  I had them once before so I know it will help on our upcoming trip.

So happy to hear that the shots have helped Sue 👍.  

Haven’t been on a Grand class - but based on our experience on segments on HAL where people joined our cruise for the 1 - 3 day segments - I would venture a guess that it will be a party cruise.  It was certainly different from the previous 30 days 😉 

7 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

We will celebrate Maritime Day with a final check on our packing for our October 6th cruise. It is the make-up of our final cancelled due to  Covid-19 cruise. We meet a sister and BIL, brother & SIL in Southhampton to board NCL, The Jade for 10 days in Northern Europe. Haven't traveled on NCL in years, it will be interesting to see how NCL compares to HAL...

After a few days  in London and a week in Lisbon, we board Oceania's Sirena for a transatlantic to Miami in November. 

Sounds like a lovely trip with great plans 👍 I hope you enjoy every moment of it all!

6 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sam has shingles.

Yikes Carol - how quickly was he diagnosed?  Their is pill you can take that alleviates the symptoms and helps end it quicker but it has to be taken within 5 days of contracting shingles.  (I know because I’ve had it - I was lucky enough that DH recognized it right away and made me call the doctor)

6 hours ago, mamaofami said:

The new aide also comes from georgia and we're just hoping she will be ok. 

I hope she will work out just fine for you and that your daughter is on the mend from her concussion 🤞 

4 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

@rafinmd You can put me on the CELEBRATION list!  I just received excellent news. My family's Florida place was spared. 

What wonderful news, Melissa 👍.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Jacqui @kazuGood luck in finding a Ft. Lauderdale hotel.  I'm not surprised that the reviews of Embassy Suites have gone downhill.  We've stayed there twice and thought it was overrated.  Our room was a dump -- bugs everywhere, fixtures falling off the wall, smoke smell, stale pastries at breakfast, I could go on.  Needless to say we haven't considered that hotel in a long time.  I know many people love that hotel, but we've stayed in hotels half the price that were much better.

Thanks!

Haven’t stayed there since my last transatlantic (2018) and despite things I was hearing - our room was fine and looked like some things had been upgraded.  I do like their pool area and their breakfast.  But, the ratings have gone down hill seriously so I will have to go out of my comfort area.

I’m sure if I want to enjoy their pool area and I can go in and order a drink or a bite from Espot 😉 

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

I thought we were clear but it just doesnt want to let go. We are currently having heavy rain and strong winds.  

I had put up one of the shutters so I could see what was happening.  It is now back down.   

Yikes 😬 this is never ending.  Keep those shutters down and stay safe 🙏🏻 

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We are now under a Hurricane Warning.  Upgraded from a Tropical Storm Warning.  (Beaufort County SC)

Oh my Terri! 😱 Please stay as safe as you can. 🙏🏻 

Congrats on scoring the last bottle of milk.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I have a bit of my own good news.  I got a message from my niece in Orlando that her family is ok.  I can't confirm she has power but she does have a generator

I am so glad to hear this Roy. 👍  You must be so relieved for them.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, dfish said:

I've been calling moving companies and wow!  Moving is expensive.  The problem will be that I have to be out of this house by November 4th and can't get into the new one until November 7th.  Those three days are expensive!

Inspection is set for next Wednesday at 12/30 pm.  My brother in law will be there on my behalf to supervise.  He already checked out the electrical panel and some of the mechanical stuff.  He is concerned about the roof and the heating, mostly because they are unusual.  The roof is rubber, probably because the slope is not great enough for shingles.  From what I have read a rubber roof is just as worthy as shingles are.  They just aren't common.  The heating is a boiler.  Again, not common, but efficient and not as many moving parts to break down.  My concern is the skylights.  

The Ohio house is clear to close.  Everything is resolved with the inspection and the appraisal.  Let's roll!

I'm really hoping we hear from @MISTER 67 and @jimgev soon.  

Uh oh on the 3 day gap, Debbie.  Yes that will be bump up the price quite a bit.  😔  We can’t take it with us though - so hopefully you can fake the cost.

Glad your DBIL will be there to supervise the inspection and I’m sure he can address you concerns like

Yes you’re rolling so enjoy - it’s been a bumpy ride and hopefully now it will be all smooth sailing for you (pardon the pun).

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, that all sounds good except the moving being expensive.  When we moved in 1999, our house sold quickly  We moved out in July, and could not get in our new house that was still under construction until the week before Thanksgiving.  So all our things were in storage except what we loaded onto the motorhome.  We spent part of that time wandering the country, including Alaska, to avoid the Texas summer heat.  At least,  you, like us, are saving money by doing the packing yourself.

I hope there are no problems with the inspection, and glad that your DBIL will be there.

If it weren't for a truck full of stuff, I would take off for a week and travel.  Alas, it isn't to happen.  The best thing is that Sue and I will have the holidays in our new home.  I can't wait.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@dfish Sorry you have that gap from moving out of your house to moving in the new one. I have a rubber roof on my back porch roof. It was originally a tin roof, and I had a rubber roof put over that. It's been there over 20 years and no issues. I also have a boiler and hot water heat. I have my plumber come out to service it yearly. It's gas powered and has been reliable except for the occasional thermocouple failure (that seems to always happen on a holiday in winter!). Good that your BIL can be there to supervise.

What does the plumber do to service it?  I'm glad you mentioned that because I don't know how to care for a boiler.  Ours will be gas powered as well.  

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

What does the plumber do to service it?  I'm glad you mentioned that because I don't know how to care for a boiler.  Ours will be gas powered as well.  

The plumber opens the boiler and looks at internal stuff. They look for corrosion, clean in there, look at the pilot, check the flames (color and strength), check the thermocouple (although they say it can look ok, then fail the next day), check the flue.

Do you have radiators? The only thing I do is bleed them each year to get any air out of the system and keep the heat distribution even. I start on the first floor at the one furthest from the boiler, then move around toward where the boiler is in the basement. Then I repeat on my 2nd and 3rd floors. My radiators have a bleed valve that uses a key (still available at hardware stores); newer ones may have a slot that a flathead screwdriver can be used on.

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, dfish said:

The building I work in is heated by gas-fired boilers and they are very reliable. An oil-burning boiler, which my house in Connecticut had, tends to require more service. Don't worry specifically about thermocouples since forced-air heating systems have them, too.

One thing to know is that hot-water heat raises the temperature in the house more slowly than forced air would. If you use programmable thermostats, you'll want to set them to raise the temperature in the morning an hour or so before you get up, not five minutes before. On the other hand, the house will also cool more slowly, so there won't be the sensation of alternating hot and cold as the furnace cycles on and off.

• Like 12

Jacqui @kazuI remember DH and I enjoyed the breakfast at the Hyatt Place in May.  He said it was much better than our usual hotel in Plantation, FL.  There is a bar in the room which is not in use during breakfast hours so we sat on the barstools and ate at the bar.  Trying to social distance from others before our cruise.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I've been calling moving companies and wow!  Moving is expensive.  The problem will be that I have to be out of this house by November 4th and can't get into the new one until November 7th.  Those three days are expensive!

Inspection is set for next Wednesday at 12/30 pm.  My brother in law will be there on my behalf to supervise.  He already checked out the electrical panel and some of the mechanical stuff.  He is concerned about the roof and the heating, mostly because they are unusual.  The roof is rubber, probably because the slope is not great enough for shingles.  From what I have read a rubber roof is just as worthy as shingles are.  They just aren't common.  The heating is a boiler.  Again, not common, but efficient and not as many moving parts to break down.  My concern is the skylights.  

The Ohio house is clear to close.  Everything is resolved with the inspection and the appraisal.  Let's roll!

I'm really hoping we hear from @MISTER 67 and @jimgev soon.  

Debbie, have you considered PODS for your move?  They deliver them to your home for you, or someone else to load, then haul them away and deliver to you when and where you want them.  You can hire a few moving guys to load the sofas and dressers, etc.  You can let them do the boxes too, or load what you are capable of carrying.  My daughter used them on her last move and it worked out nicely.  

As for the gap in leaving one home and moving into the other.  We had that problem in 2004.  First house closed and second house wasn't ready for about 8 days.  We lived in a hotel near the new house.  We were footing the bill for that move (same city, not a corporate move) but the movers agreed to leave our goods in the 53' trailer on their lot for 8 days and then to unload after closing on the second home.  They realized it was easier than unloading the whole truck into their warehouse to store (and charge us for), and then having to pack it all back into the trailer 8 days later.  They only charged us about $50 per day for the storage time.  This was a national moving company and not a small moving company who might not have a lot of trailers to spare.  Just another option to consider.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We are thinking that if we cannot get out on Monday, we will try later in the week.  I will see what happens. Not going to try anything until Saturday.  The anniversary can be a moveable feast.  We have learned to be very flexible these days.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri

Terri I was thinking today that maybe you could postpone the flight to Barbados until the airport opens up again.  It would be like missing a cruise and joining it a day or two later. You would still get the anniversary celebration but just miss a day or so.  Any news on your airport being opened, or flight cancellations?  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Terri I was thinking today that maybe you could postpone the flight to Barbados until the airport opens up again.  It would be like missing a cruise and joining it a day or two later. You would still get the anniversary celebration but just miss a day or so.  Any news on your airport being opened, or flight cancellations?  

Sandi, 

Jacksonville Airport is closed today.  However the city of Jacksonville seems to have been spared the worst of this storm.  We plan to drive to Jacksonville on Sunday as planned and hope to get on a plane on Monday as we expected to.  If not, we will see when we will be able to fly out.  I don’t think that we will have trouble getting to Barbados from Miami, I think our problem will be getting out of JAX,

We also have to worry about the roads being passable.  JAX is 2 1/2 hours from our home.

I would not be surprised if the airport opens tomorrow or at the latest on Saturday.

thanks for your concern.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

The building I work in is heated by gas-fired boilers and they are very reliable. An oil-burning boiler, which my house in Connecticut had, tends to require more service. Don't worry specifically about thermocouples since forced-air heating systems have them, too.

One thing to know is that hot-water heat raises the temperature in the house more slowly than forced air would. If you use programmable thermostats, you'll want to set them to raise the temperature in the morning an hour or so before you get up, not five minutes before. On the other hand, the house will also cool more slowly, so there won't be the sensation of alternating hot and cold as the furnace cycles on and off.

Good point. When I moved into this house (having had forced air in my first house) and put in a programmable thermostat, I learned the heat went up about 1 degree an hour. So I couldn't set it as low at night or while at work, and had to figure in the time it took to get to the desired temperature.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

The plumber opens the boiler and looks at internal stuff. They look for corrosion, clean in there, look at the pilot, check the flames (color and strength), check the thermocouple (although they say it can look ok, then fail the next day), check the flue.

Do you have radiators? The only thing I do is bleed them each year to get any air out of the system and keep the heat distribution even. I start on the first floor at the one furthest from the boiler, then move around toward where the boiler is in the basement. Then I repeat on my 2nd and 3rd floors. My radiators have a bleed valve that uses a key (still available at hardware stores); newer ones may have a slot that a flathead screwdriver can be used on.

Ok, so this is kind of like a furnace cleaning.  I'm not sure what they do there, but Dan my handyman, keeps it running.  There is so much to learn.  Who'd a thunk I'd learn about boilers and rubber roofs on Cruise Critic?

I don't have radiators.  The air is heated and then forced through the ductwork.  So, I have registers.  I don't vary the temps now with the thermostat.  I shut the registers upstairs in the winter time and open them in the summer.  The downstairs registers get shut in the summer. 

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I kind of have both systems.  I have a boiler to heat the air and then forced air to move it around the house.  

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, have you considered PODS for your move?  They deliver them to your home for you, or someone else to load, then haul them away and deliver to you when and where you want them.  You can hire a few moving guys to load the sofas and dressers, etc.  You can let them do the boxes too, or load what you are capable of carrying.  My daughter used them on her last move and it worked out nicely.  

I have and I need to check into them.  I could get the pods and hire the loaders and then have them delivered and hire new unloaders.   Makes sense.  

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

As for the gap in leaving one home and moving into the other.  We had that problem in 2004.  First house closed and second house wasn't ready for about 8 days.  We lived in a hotel near the new house.  We were footing the bill for that move (same city, not a corporate move) but the movers agreed to leave our goods in the 53' trailer on their lot for 8 days and then to unload after closing on the second home.  They realized it was easier than unloading the whole truck into their warehouse to store (and charge us for), and then having to pack it all back into the trailer 8 days later.  They only charged us about $50 per day for the storage time.  This was a national moving company and not a small moving company who might not have a lot of trailers to spare.  Just another option to consider.

The one place I talked to today said they would do that for the four days difference.  Price has gone up though to $150 per night.

22 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good point. When I moved into this house (having had forced air in my first house) and put in a programmable thermostat, I learned the heat went up about 1 degree an hour. So I couldn't set it as low at night or while at work, and had to figure in the time it took to get to the desired temperature.

I don't know if we have one or not in the new place.  I don't in this place.  I do want a ring doorbell.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@HAL Sailer, great news on your family house.  @Cruzin Terri stay safe as Ian approaches.  Things don't sound good for your getaway to Barbados.  Just wondering, would it be possible to go somewhere nice and inland when your anniversary comes.  Your house may be the best place to ride out Ian but it's no place for a celebration.

I have a bit of my own good news.  I got a message from my niece in Orlando that her family is ok.  I can't confirm she has power but she does have a generator.

Roy

Roy, that is good news that your niece and her family are safe.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well Ian is almost out of here. Bindi and I had an exhilarating, but exhausting day. We still do not have power. It is downright eerie to walk down streets where you are one of the only two houses with lights. 

It is now a very light rain with some wind gusts. But it is downright chilly when it gusts. 

It was a real struggle getting Bindi’s walks in. The wind gusts made it difficult to walk. And some gusts were low enough to blow Bindi off course a bit. But I have now used my Alaska/Iceland rain gear more in Florida. 😎

The power went out at 8:21 this morning. No estimate for restoration and many areas in the County are out. This has to be caused by something big. My neighbors dropped off their phones to charge. And most were using battery operated  lights. And grilling. 

Here are two pics that really hit home. 

This first is from Ft. Myers Beach on the West Coast. My friends, currently in Maine for the Summer, have a Winter place there. This is a pic of their neighbor’s driveway/carport. 

CB6CCDC4-9EAF-4BFA-8558-5C4608DD627C.jpeg.3bcd92a526074762e719d20f8c4e4ef4.jpeg

And the iconic Flagler Beach pier that was destroyed by Irma in 2019, has been destroyed again. What you see is the half close to the shore. They also had to shut down the Eastbound side of their bridge over the Intercoastal until engineers inspect it. High tide and the storm surge could have damaged the structural integrity.

6160C230-F815-4952-A4D7-88CF87ED2984.jpeg.33ce75381d67a3910d55467091071715.jpeg

I and my neighbors are blessed. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. I fear the loss of life and damage reports will be tough to bear. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

And some gusts were low enough to blow Bindi off course a bit

FYI, I saw a report that Jim Cantore had been knocked off his feet, on the air, by a falling or blowing branch. When the anchor asked if he was OK, he replied, “I’m fine. I’m fine. You just can’t stand up. I’m going to let you guys look at the pictures.”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

FYI, I saw a report that Jim Cantore had been knocked off his feet, on the air, by a falling or blowing branch. When the anchor asked if he was OK, he replied, “I’m fine. I’m fine. You just can’t stand up. I’m going to let you guys look at the pictures.”

⬆️ Tis very true. He even seemed a bit dazed. Soon after that happened to Cantore, all of The Weather Channel's outdoor reporters donned helmets!

(Yes, I was glued to TWC yesterday.)

-M.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

54 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

⬆️ Tis very true. He even seemed a bit dazed. Soon after that happened to Cantore, all of The Weather Channel's outdoor reporters donned helmets!

(Yes, I was glued to TWC yesterday.)

-M.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

We just got back to Skykomish from Westport. Took the scenic long way around with a stop at the Ellensburg Mexican Grill for dinner. Total trip time including dinner stop and some grocery shopping for a couple of neighbors was about nine hours (normal drive time is 3 hours and 20 minutes).

Highway 2 is now opened again, and all of the fire area has been reduced to a level one evacuation notice. No visible flames from town right now. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

19 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

We just got back to Skykomish from Westport. Took the scenic long way around with a stop at the Ellensburg Mexican Grill for dinner. Total trip time including dinner stop and some grocery shopping for a couple of neighbors was about nine hours (normal drive time is 3 hours and 20 minutes).

Highway 2 is now opened again, and all of the fire area has been reduced to a level one evacuation notice. No visible flames from town right now. 

I'm glad you arrived home safely, and that the evacuation level has been lowered.  I hope highway 2 remains open.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm glad you arrived home safely, and that the evacuation level has been lowered.  I hope highway 2 remains open.

Lenda

I hope highway 2 remains open, also. I plan to take a neighbor to Everett for a doctor appointment tomorrow. She rescheduled because the highway was closed during her last appointment.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui @kazuI remember DH and I enjoyed the breakfast at the Hyatt Place in May.  He said it was much better than our usual hotel in Plantation, FL.  There is a bar in the room which is not in use during breakfast hours so we sat on the barstools and ate at the bar.  Trying to social distance from others before our cruise.

Thanks kindly 👍 

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Jacksonville Airport is closed today.  However the city of Jacksonville seems to have been spared the worst of this storm.  We plan to drive to Jacksonville on Sunday as planned and hope to get on a plane on Monday as we expected to.  If not, we will see when we will be able to fly out.  

I sure hope your plan works for you 🤞 

• Like 5