How full are the ships sailing now?

wallysdtr

15 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

"Just off Equinox B2B last week.   First sailing 10 night ~2200 second sailing 9 night 1999 passengers.   Pool deck was definitely full on sea days."

thanks for linking a similar post.  I didn't see it before but that information is very helpful

As full as they can get them. They're reserving a few - very few - cabins to use for Covid isolation (for those instances in which one passenger in a cabin tests positive and the other negative; otherwise positive passengers stay in their cabin), but otherwise they're sailing as full as possible. Depends only on the itinerary and demand of passengers. Just got off the Summit 1 1/2 weeks ago and it was at 96%, and have heard similar reports across Celebrity and Princess.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

try a test booking at look for cabins available.. and seriously no way to tell how many will book last minute

Our TA November 2023 looks almost completely full.   

March 2022 Caribbean was less than half full.  Think those days are pretty well almost done 

8 hours ago, pickle11 said:

WHY

Right!  When the ships were not allowed to sail, we all were like come on already, let’s get this back up and running.  Now that we are sailing the “how full are the ships” posts and lamenting the almost back to capacity sailings makes me shake my head.

• Like 3

You can look at open cabins but I would say most of the numbers people report onboard from crew are entirely made up, especially when people quote specific percentages. 

I do know the upcoming winter '22/'23 Caribbean sailings are significantly lighter than they would like them. What that means for potential sales and deals...who knows. Prices are not low. 

21 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We need to move on.  There are no cabins being held back by Celebrity.   Ships have however many people have booked.  Summit recently was at 97% of capacity with crew short staffed about 250.

Cruising Solstice tomorrow.  On one travel website I counted over 180 balconies still available.  Didn't bother to look at oceanview or inside.  I only look to upgrade.  Who cares how many people are on the ship.  Never was a concern before COVID.  Not a concern now.  More concerned about the weather.  Hope OP gets in info they need to enjoy their cruise.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think there is just way too much uncertainty with the economy now; so many are holding back unless they have the funds to go and pay the increases.  I waitlisted for an SV cabin on Beyond for the third leg of a b2b2b in May of 2023.  Got a call this morning and the price was as much as I paid for a Sunset Veranda for the TA!  I laughed and then said that I would have to pass and keep my b2b with lots of time in an Airb&b instead.  I am just not going to pay $11,400 for an SV.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

We were on Reflection Sept 16-26.  Approx 2300 on board.  It felt very full.  Despite having 5 injections of the vaccine, my wife began showing symptoms the day after we returned home.  The elevators on Reflection were always packed, no masks at all. 

Edited by calicakes

I'm on Eclipse now--it is full. Short-staffed so you will wait in line for everything and you need to self-serve at most bars or sit at the bar.

This is our first (and last) Celebrity cruise.

I feel for the staff. They are trying very hard and extremely pleasant.

Pack your patience if you feel you must cruise on Celebrity.

• Like 2

On Summit in June. It was very crowded.  It was very uncomfortable. It was hard to getaway from people. No surprise that my spouse got Covid.  
Just off Windstar yacht, Star Breeze.  130 guests. Maximum capacity is 312.  Never a crowd. It was comfortable.  We had a great time and didn’t get sick.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dlh015 said:

"Just off Equinox B2B last week.   First sailing 10 night ~2200 second sailing 9 night 1999 passengers.   Pool deck was definitely full on sea days."

Am wondering if capacity is itinerary specific.....where did you cruise B2B? 

2 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Ooops...sorry, I was quoting an entry in the thread I posted. I see that isn't very clear at all.  Since the OP was asking about the Equinox, I randomly chose that entry for them...

Sorry about that!  

4 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Still over two weeks to go to my sailing & lot of the suites are no longer available. Still cabins in other classes. Europe cruise.

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

It seems to me, over the past 6+ months that suites are going fast.  (Maybe because suite deposits are a fraction of what they were pre covid ($900-$1800 pre vs $200-$500 post covid)?