Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d stay here again, but I would give it an out of the world rating.  They didn’t quite shoot for the stars, but it has the gravitational pull to bring me back. 

Love the writing. Brilliant.

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Uber is ordered. We are on our way!!!

Let the fun begin. What's going to be the first cocktail? Have a Kraken Colada for me. Cheers!

• Like 1

We stayed at the Country Inn for our May cruise on Mariner.  Hotel was nice, but it was one of the worst included breakfasts I have ever eaten.  We agreed next time we’d drive down to McDonald’s.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, A&L_Ont said:

It’s been a long time, but it is finally time for another Live Review with Andrew and Lisa, this time on Mariner of the Seas.  In fact, this one has been years in the making, as we have not sailed since the fall of 2019.  We, like many of you, have cancelled far too many cruises but now it is almost go time for us.

Owen is staying home this week with Grandma Sharon.  He is now is grade 10.  He’s still busy with sports, with three currently taking place. Baseball tryouts for next spring, hockey practice in preparation of the new season, and high school football.  He is the team kicker and also plays on defence.  Then there is the all important school work, he needs to keep up his 85% average from last year.

For those who haven’t seen him since our last live review in March of 2019, he has grown up a lot.  This is him with my mom last week, after their football victory.  They are 2-0 so far and are last year’s city champs.  As for baseball, his team ranked third place in the province for their age, at the end of this season. I think that would be comparable to state finals for the Americans reading along.

A7CE8225-841B-4E91-871E-7C97709B5290.thumb.jpeg.f1ea6e3b2d8721a04a9a897804843c46.jpeg

Then there is Lucy.  She isn’t coming with us but she just celebrated her 10 year anniversary of living on our farm.  She acts like she could not care less, but I know she is jealous. 

F3139D72-A59F-4DE9-9D15-8A18D6BD490E.thumb.jpeg.2040e767b0f5c4c38becf7979ab11e0e.jpeg

You going somewhere without me?

600BAC05-3483-4B1F-9A0C-76426904A62D.thumb.jpeg.67589523c26251ad2e8dcdf8f19170fb.jpeg

I can't believe I missed the start of an @A&L_Ont live review!  That'll teach me to be off CC for three days.  What was I thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Hanging at the Sky Lounge. Luggage arrived at the room, and we said later. Lunch was at Playmakers and I’m signed up for the wave. It is under maintenance today.

Photos of all this to come later. 

image.thumb.jpg.a75670751406fecc473b9c06fef8cd5f.jpg

• Like 21

So, we have sailed. We are at sea.

The Internet is kind of slow so photos might be posted later on tonight. Lunch at playmakers was very good. Sail away was a lot of fun. Many people are out dancing and partying. There’s a few good photos I’ll have to share when the chance arises.

We’re going to chops for dinner tonight at 6:30. Lisa wants to go to the silent disco tonight and we also have the ice show at 9:15. I hope I can make it. lol

A few beverages have been consumed.

• Like 21

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hanging at the Sky Lounge. Luggage arrived at the room, and we said later. Lunch was at Playmakers and I’m signed up for the wave. It is under maintenance today.

Photos of all this to come later. 

image.thumb.jpg.a75670751406fecc473b9c06fef8cd5f.jpg

That's a bummer for you the Wave  under maintenance today . Let's hope that doesn't continue to happen for the remainder of your cruise. That would suck!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That's a bummer for you the Wave  under maintenance today . Let's hope that doesn't continue to happen for the remainder of your cruise. That would suck!

There’s a chance that it would be open this afternoon, but I decided to wait for tomorrow morning. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

They look fantastic to me! Did you get the Campfire Cookie?

Not this go around. There’s still a few days left though.

• Like 1