Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s been a long time, but it is finally time for another Live Review with Andrew and Lisa, this time on Mariner of the Seas.  In fact, this one has been years in the making, as we have not sailed since the fall of 2019.  We, like many of you, have cancelled far too many cruises but now it is almost go time for us.

Owen is staying home this week with Grandma Sharon.  He is now is grade 10.  He’s still busy with sports, with three currently taking place. Baseball tryouts for next spring, hockey practice in preparation of the new season, and high school football.  He is the team kicker and also plays on defence.  Then there is the all important school work, he needs to keep up his 85% average from last year.

For those who haven’t seen him since our last live review in March of 2019, he has grown up a lot.  This is him with my mom last week, after their football victory.  They are 2-0 so far and are last year’s city champs.  As for baseball, his team ranked third place in the province for their age, at the end of this season. I think that would be comparable to state finals for the Americans reading along.

A7CE8225-841B-4E91-871E-7C97709B5290.thumb.jpeg.f1ea6e3b2d8721a04a9a897804843c46.jpeg

Then there is Lucy.  She isn’t coming with us but she just celebrated her 10 year anniversary of living on our farm.  She acts like she could not care less, but I know she is jealous. 

F3139D72-A59F-4DE9-9D15-8A18D6BD490E.thumb.jpeg.2040e767b0f5c4c38becf7979ab11e0e.jpeg

You going somewhere without me?

600BAC05-3483-4B1F-9A0C-76426904A62D.thumb.jpeg.67589523c26251ad2e8dcdf8f19170fb.jpeg

Following Andrew.

• Like 1

So excited for this review-I can’t believe it’s been so long. Luckily your cruise wasn’t a few days earlier. We had a little visitor named Ian who may have given you problems. Bon voyage! Mariner was our first cruise back after COVID (last Oct) and we loved it!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

So excited for this review-I can’t believe it’s been so long. Luckily your cruise wasn’t a few days earlier. We had a little visitor named Ian who may have given you problems. Bon voyage! Mariner was our first cruise back after COVID (last Oct) and we loved it!

I would be remiss if I didn’t talk briefly about Ian. I, like many, have been following the destruction that the hurricane has left on Florida and its second landfall. It’s mind boggling, but the forces of Mother Nature are impossible to tame. 

I’m happy to read that many here have enjoyed their time on Mariner. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Took my Son and a friend of his for High School Graduation Gift on Liberty of the Seas and we have pictures some where of both of them in the Ring. 

Probably  no cruise ships have ever put a ring on one of their ships since!  Not a very good idea.

Indy was built after Liberty 😉

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

<<<SNIP>>> I think it will have a smaller ship feel with many amenities of the larger ships. <<<SNIP>>>

•  

Seem weird for the Mariner to be referred to as a "smaller ship". I remember our first cruise on her in 2004 when she was the largest cruise ship in the world.

We have sailed her many times and really like it a lot. Still great in that, it like you, I feel it's the perfect size between the smaller and larger ships.

Edited by 2chiefs

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Indy was built after Liberty 😉

Same Blueprints were used. Freedom Class. Built dates, 2007 and 2008...They weren't going to change anything that quick when built dates are only a year apart.

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We were on Mariner this past June.  We had a great time.  The ship was lovely.  The food was great.  The ports were good.  All in all, it was a wonderful, relaxing cruise.  Hope you have the same experience.

Agree. We were just on her in May and she's still one of our favorites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you get a picture looking straight down the runway?

What a catch OB, you have a great eye. I wish I could say I was in the cockpit, but the answer to that is no.  Nor are we on a private plane. The real advantage for this angle, we are near the front of the plane.  

Real answer… like a dork, I put my iPad to the window and “click click”.  Yup, I was that guy. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 9