Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

A&L_Ont was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

It’s been a long time, but it is finally time for another Live Review with Andrew and Lisa, this time on Mariner of the Seas.  In fact, this one has been years in the making, as we have not sailed since the fall of 2019.  We, like many of you, have cancelled far too many cruises but now it is almost go time for us.

Owen is staying home this week with Grandma Sharon.  He is now is grade 10.  He’s still busy with sports, with three currently taking place. Baseball tryouts for next spring, hockey practice in preparation of the new season, and high school football.  He is the team kicker and also plays on defence.  Then there is the all important school work, he needs to keep up his 85% average from last year.

For those who haven’t seen him since our last live review in March of 2019, he has grown up a lot.  This is him with my mom last week, after their football victory.  They are 2-0 so far and are last year’s city champs.  As for baseball, his team ranked third place in the province for their age, at the end of this season. I think that would be comparable to state finals for the Americans reading along.

A7CE8225-841B-4E91-871E-7C97709B5290.thumb.jpeg.f1ea6e3b2d8721a04a9a897804843c46.jpeg

Then there is Lucy.  She isn’t coming with us but she just celebrated her 10 year anniversary of living on our farm.  She acts like she could not care less, but I know she is jealous. 

F3139D72-A59F-4DE9-9D15-8A18D6BD490E.thumb.jpeg.2040e767b0f5c4c38becf7979ab11e0e.jpeg

You going somewhere without me?

600BAC05-3483-4B1F-9A0C-76426904A62D.thumb.jpeg.67589523c26251ad2e8dcdf8f19170fb.jpeg

• Like 53

Time to get down to business.  We sail on Mariner of the Seas, our first time on her and the Voyager Class of ship.  We have sailed Radiance, Freedom and Oasis Class numerous times so Mariner will be interesting.  I think it will have a smaller ship feel with many amenities of the larger ships. 

910DA9CF-F94F-4F4A-AADF-E3591A186EDB.thumb.jpeg.2356d67d75f3af53bd6438314cd03172.jpeg

Mariner Facts

• What was her launch date - I do not know.  
  • What is her guest capacity - so long as Lisa and I are on the manifest I do not care.
  • How is she powered - it could be pixie dust and unicorn farts and I’d be good with that.

What I do know is what matters most, we are booked on her and we sail on Monday.

Oh wait!!!  She also has a flow rider, that matters just a little bit. 😂

• Like 11
  • Haha 34

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Lucy is looking perfectly content on that trashcan. Something tells me she will be fine with Owen and Grandma for a few days. 

Looking forward to your review. 

He certainly will be. He will be well fed and she will be exhausted from driving him across the county. 

• Like 4

Our cruise itinerary.

F5579868-B49F-4DA3-93B2-A249697209CB.thumb.jpeg.a21d69e6b30f457bb6e1d44859c999c8.jpeg

With two sea days and two private island stops, at the most exclusive and rarely visited countries of Bahamas and Haiti, it made buying the drink package an easy decision. 👍😵🥴😂

Our home for the week will be on deck 10 in an OS.

A0CD0483-4E58-428E-98C9-ACE9EBEF0BDD.thumb.jpeg.5565fbfe26055d348a0d32e3871c647d.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12
  • Haha 4

Now it’s your call.  If you want to join us virtually, click the subscribe button.  Get ready for some fun.  We are most happy to bring you along with us.

Final details are as follows.  We depart tomorrow morning around 8:30am for Detroit, with a flight to Orlando.  We make the commute to Cape Canaveral for our overnight stay at a hotel, to which I will remember the name when we roll up on it.

That’s it for now and we will see you in the morning. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

nice to see you back cruising. I have missed your live reports

17 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

So glad to see you back to doing a live review! I'll definitely be following along!

10 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Lets go!!! Yay! So glad to see y'all back to cruising 😁 and WOW Owen sure has grown up! 

Have missed your Live reviews, so glad you decided to do this. Cheers 🍹 wishing you & Lisa an absolutely amazing time 🏖 

Thanks guys.

It has been a long time and seriously thought about not doing one this go around, but in a strange way it would not feel like a cruise if I didn’t do one. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am so looking forward to your review! I can’t believe how much your son has grown since I saw the last photo of him. Lucy pictures are always welcome also! I will be on Mariner on October 24th in OS 1300 so I will be following along! Welcome back to cruising!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RARcruise said:

We will be cruising with you. I will spend a majority of my time on my balcony so I look forward to you keeping me updated on what’s happening on the ship. Leaving for Florida in a few hours. 

Safe travels.  If you are on the starboard side we’ll wave to you. 

Looking forward to this! We’re on the Mariner next May after numerous cancellations as well. The last time we were on Mariner we took our two younger kids during their April school vacation week (they are both in their 30s now 😳).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Time to get down to business.  We sail on Mariner of the Seas, our first time on her and the Voyager Class of ship.  We have sailed Radiance, Freedom and Oasis Class numerous times so Mariner will be interesting.  I think it will have a smaller ship feel with many amenities of the larger ships. 

910DA9CF-F94F-4F4A-AADF-E3591A186EDB.thumb.jpeg.2356d67d75f3af53bd6438314cd03172.jpeg

Mariner Facts

• What was her launch date - I do not know.  
  • What is her guest capacity - so long as Lisa and I are on the manifest I do not care.
  • How is she powered - it could be pixie dust and unicorn farts and I’d be good with that.

What I do know is what matters most, we are booked on her and we sail on Monday.

Oh wait!!!  She also has a flow rider, that matters just a little bit. 😂

Her Wave is fairly new. It was added after we brought her to Spain from Asia in 2018

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now it’s your call.  If you want to join us virtually, click the subscribe button.  Get ready for some fun.  We are most happy to bring you along with us.

Final details are as follows.  We depart tomorrow morning around 8:30am for Detroit, with a flight to Orlando.  We make the commute to Cape Canaveral for our overnight stay at a hotel, to which I will remember the name when we roll up on it.

That’s it for now and we will see you in the morning. 

Safe travels

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Her Wave is fairly new. It was added after we brought her to Spain from Asia in 2018

So it hasn’t been on board for that long. Is that when she got amped?