Holiday Cruise - Presents

30 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It can be fine, and it can turn out very badly.   Why risk it?  Bring the wrapping paper and wrap them in your cabin.  🙂 

Unless it’s something like a Keurig then it will end up in the naughty room 🤣😂

got off Harmony Sunday and there were 2 tables of confiscated items - I’ve never seen so many whisks and crock pots, blenders and cookware and coffee makers ever tried to be taken onboard 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Spurschick said:

got off Harmony Sunday and there were 2 tables of confiscated items - I’ve never seen so many whisks and crock pots, blenders and cookware and coffee makers ever tried to be taken onboard 🤦🏼‍♀️

Whisks? Plural? I can't imagine seeing even one. First, why would you need to bring a whisk on a cruise and second, why would the cruise line confiscate a whisk?!? Are they afraid you're going to beat someone with it? (pun intended)

• Haha 10

I took presents unwrapped (Santa in our house never wraps anyway).  I brought the kids stockings and candy too.  That year, my son asked for a massage gun (he's a runner) and I was very worried that would get taken, but to my surprise it didn't!  Trying to figure out what to give my kids this year that will fit in my suitcase.  

9 hours ago, Spurschick said:

I stopped reading at crockpots...CROCKPOTS?! PLURAL?! What on God's green earth would someone NEED a crockpot on a cruise ship?! I'm speechless. LOL!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Whisks? Plural? I can't imagine seeing even one. First, why would you need to bring a whisk on a cruise and second, why would the cruise line confiscate a whisk?!? Are they afraid you're going to beat someone with it? (pun intended)

I guess you've never had the urge to whip up a quick meringue...😁

Edited by 3CatsInMA
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

I stopped reading at crockpots...CROCKPOTS?! PLURAL?! What on God's green earth would someone NEED a crockpot on a cruise ship?! I'm speechless. LOL!! 

Nothing beats a large bowl of crockpot chili on those cold afternoons on an Alaskan cruise. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, chiguy67 said:

Can someone please stand by the naughty table and ask “why” when they pick up their items. Would love to hear their reasons and also to evaluate them mentally. 😜 🫤 

They shouldn't be allowed to retrieve their items until all questions are answered 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:12 PM, Starry Eyes said:

OK, next explain the crockpots on Harmony’s naughty table.  She is sailing in the Caribbean.  

Yes was definitely Caribbean 

I know that the repeat guests and newbies was pretty much 50/50 split but they literally had 2 tables as you exited that were set up with predominantly cookware. 

now granted I should probably not be shocked as you would be amazed how many times I have been asked if food is included - if that is the case wonder what happened to the food they were trying to take on to cook with!

Edited by Spurschick

On 10/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, mom2miracles said:

Haven't these people heard of Amazon?  I have children who live out of state and all their gifts are purchased off their Wish List and delivered to their homes.  We don't bother with gift wrapping.  They just unpack them on Xmas morning.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:12 PM, Starry Eyes said:

OK, next explain the crockpots on Harmony’s naughty table.  She is sailing in the Caribbean.  

My favorite version of pot roast is cooked in a crockpot.  Beef stew also taste wonderful when simmered overnight in a crockpot.   You'd be amazed at what goodness can come from a crockpot. 

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

My favorite version of pot roast is cooked in a crockpot.  Beef stew also taste wonderful when simmered overnight in a crockpot.   You'd be amazed at what goodness can come from a crockpot. 

But would you want to cook while on a cruise in the Caribbean?

58 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have no idea and that was not the original question, which was why would you bring one.  Personally, I would never even thought to bring anything to cook with. 

Good for heating massage oil

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 1:03 AM, Spurschick said:

What the heck do you need a crock pot, cookware, etc on a cruise ship.  Last thing I want to do on a ship is cook something in my cabin.

That's Nuts!!!

On 10/7/2022 at 1:03 AM, Spurschick said:

Not to mention the rice cookers and electric carving knives some have reported seeing. I wouldn't even consider bringing a small coffee maker much less cooking paraphernalia. Is the food not warm enough or too thickly sliced? Scary 😱

• Thanks 1

Back to the original question (because crock pots don't interest me):  If size prevents you from bringing the gifts, consider giving a picture of the gift.  Unless you're talking about a small child, he or she will be able to understand that the gift is waiting back home.  

Once I planned to give my daughter a hamster for her birthday, but we were on vacation.  I gave her a magazine-book about how to care for a hamster and a picture of the hamster cage I'd already bought.  It turned out great because she spent every hotel-moment reading that book; by the time we returned home, she was educated on what type of hamster she wanted, and she was well prepared to care for it.