🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

To some up day 3.  We finished the day at the Aqua show.  It was good.   Sorry no picks.  Might find time to post a high dive video.

The Gangway line today is long and not moving!  At least it is helping me catch up.  

1 day behind.   Will be 2 when we get back lol.

• Like 4

On 10/14/2022 at 10:00 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Our TA found us a good deal on Allure out of Galveston in January.   To made our cruise dates line up.  Would love to share Ohio stories with you. 

I need to check with my brother if he is growing garlic this year.  He lives in Seville. 

I hope we can find a lucky slots machine. 

I got a good price on Harmony (Solo Supplement) sailing in December. '23.  Under $1k for a CP balcony.

Hope airfare stays reasonable.  First time sailing from Galveston.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Me either, Couple days ago we drove by an Starbucks just opened near us. Told my Wife I don't think I have ever set foot in  a Starbucks anywhere. Do they actually have food in there or do people just go in there to drink a cup of coffee?

Never did get it why people rave about Starbucks like they do. I'm just as  happy with a K-cup at home. 🙂

Yes, Starbuck's has food.  Salads, pastries, sandwiches.

@Ozark_KidI am just loving your review and your pictures are so vivid and beautiful.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Morning is actually the only time I like coffee. Odd how I don't like it at other times of the day. Now, an espresso martini is a whole different matter.🙂

Ditto, I rarely even finish my morning Latte after I've reheated it 10 times!  Ouch.  Once in a blue moon I will order one after dinner, but not much.  I'm also mostly a winter drinker...summer is either tea or iced coffee.  My cocktail of choice last month was certainly espresso martini!  Love those!  Mojito is my absolute go to though!  MMMMMM

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

We've brought the blow up doodles as well, we usually just toss them in the rubbish bin on way back to the ship.  Have several pkgs waiting to be packed for upcoming cruises.  Will use them in Lagoon Pool at the Cay in December!  Perfect!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Ditto, I rarely even finish my morning Latte after I've reheated it 10 times!  Ouch.  Once in a blue moon I will order one after dinner, but not much.  I'm also mostly a winter drinker...summer is either tea or iced coffee.  My cocktail of choice last month was certainly espresso martini!  Love those!  Mojito is my absolute go to though!  MMMMMM

Mojito is my go to at the end of the afternoon aboard the ship while I'm get cleaned up and showering to get ready for the evening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mojito is my go to at the end of the afternoon aboard the ship while I'm get cleaned up and showering to get ready for the evening.

After being in Hawaii, I'm going to be on a Mai Tai kick for a while.  I was experimenting with the original recipe Mai Tai before we left, but I think I like the recipes with fruit juices in them better, particularly POG juice.  I believe that POG is passion fruit, orange, and guava, but one bartender said pineapple instead of passion fruit in their recipe.  I found Goya guava nectar in my local grocery store but no passion fruit.  Since I already have pineapple and orange, I think I'll start with pineapple, orange, guava.  I may need to do more scientific experimentation again. 😜

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

After being in Hawaii, I'm going to be on a Mai Tai kick for a while.  I was experimenting with the original recipe Mai Tai before we left, but I think I like the recipes with fruit juices in them better, particularly POG juice.  I believe that POG is passion fruit, orange, and guava, but one bartender said pineapple instead of passion fruit in their recipe.  I found Goya guava nectar in my local grocery store but no passion fruit.  Since I already have pineapple and orange, I think I'll start with pineapple, orange, guava.  I may need to do more scientific experimentation again. 😜

I know that Ocean Spray makes a lot of different juice combinations. There cranberry / mango works pretty well for me as a mixer.  I have not tried their guava and I'm not sure if it is related to the guava of St. Maarten or not.  However, maybe you prefer to mix your own combos. My next door neighbor makes amazing Mai Tais. I tried one on Allure and didn't have any more as they didn't compare. I have my neighbor's recipe somewhere. When I fine it I'll post it for you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know that Ocean Spray makes a lot of different juice combinations. There cranberry / mango works pretty well for me as a mixer.  I have not tried their guava and I'm not sure if it is related to the guava of St. Maarten or not.  However, maybe you prefer to mix your own combos. My next door neighbor makes amazing Mai Tais. I tried one on Allure and didn't have any more as they didn't compare. I have my neighbor's recipe somewhere. When I fine it I'll post it for you.

I'd love to see that recipe.  Everyone seems to make it slightly differently.  I did see a Passion Fruit Juice bottle in our store (might have been Ocean Spray), but passion fruit juice was the 3rd or 4th thing listed in the ingredients.  Apple juice was listed ahead of passion fruit juice.  🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That looks like O3B type numbers?

Yes, you might of missed those earlier but they turned Starlink on I think the day before we boarded. It could not handle the numbers so they went back to OB3.  Starlink techs are still on working on it but I am doubtful will see it.

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We've brought the blow up doodles as well, we usually just toss them in the rubbish bin on way back to the ship.  Have several pkgs waiting to be packed for upcoming cruises.  Will use them in Lagoon Pool at the Cay in December!  Perfect!

Are cruising buddies left them with some people at Eagle Beach as we were leaving.   They were wondering where they could rent some.  😆 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ocean Boy I got blisters on both feet trying to get a pick I knew you would like to see.  😁  I will tell the whole story when I have time to post about Aruba.

image.png.366cfb5181f73c6e06a038a4dd67e57e.png

California Lighthouse! I have not been back to Aruba since it was re-opened to the public. Climbing it is still one of my goals. It is a beautiful lighthouse.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ocean Boy I got blisters on both feet trying to get a pick I knew you would like to see.  😁  I will tell the whole story when I have time to post about Aruba.

image.png.366cfb5181f73c6e06a038a4dd67e57e.png

That is a little bit of a hike, if you walked there from Eagle Beach.  

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 11:38 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

I am nor a Starbucks guy.  I don't even drink coffee.  Sharon says it the largest size drink.  Maybe it's a 20oz drink.   I really don't know.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Sea Dog said:

Im the same way too. Except on a cruise where I will have an espresso after dinner with a dessert to help me out of a food coma. I’ve also gotten to like espresso martini’s. I still can’t drink coffee in the morning. I want a cold Diet Coke.

I am absolutely a coffee guy.  Every morning must begin with Black coffee.  That being said I'm not adverse to other drinks as well.  I've known to order a Frappe at Starbucks in the afternoons from time to time.  

When I'm cruising it's coffee and OJ in the morning.  Diet Coke at lunch. The drinking begins in earnest after the mid day meal. 🙂 

On 10/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, bobmacliberty said:

That's a great idea.  You'd probably get a lot of people posting.  I've got some old pics that I could add.

I think that is great idea!  Ive got a few in archives.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not looking good.  Moma Mia was delayed yesterday and today.

I hope you get to see it.  Mama Mia is my favorite of the current shows.  My all-time favorite is probably Chicago, which isn't playing anymore.  To be completely honest, I haven't watched Cats. 😉

• Like 2

I know that it is not going to be relevant to our cruise next year.  You have the UDP, but did you see the onboard rates for the specialty restaurants?  We are trying to decide which route to go, but being a first time cruiser on the Allure (and RC) we don't have anything to base it off of.  Every now and then you run across a post that mentions the price but they are lower than I know they are currently at  (that's how things go these days).