🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

12 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

do the calories even matter? And I'm just over people shaming me for liking some of Starbucks drinks. Do I love everything they have? No...but I do like a few things and I go usually once on the weekends when I am out running errands or something and it brings me joy.  I also don't care if people don't like Starbucks, different strokes and all that. 

No one slammed you. I just said I don't understand the language and never been in one of the shops. I have zero issue with anyone who enjoys it.

• Like 2

At the end of the trolley ride we got off and headed to Adrenaline Beach. To get there go to the left behind the trolley seats and get on the path.

1_102833.thumb.jpg.93da8ced766c7eb7102b798c86f738db.jpg

You will soon see the sign...

A2_102928.thumb.jpg.9c276cfad71e763d46c76c67c76bdbc1.jpg

It looks like there is a separate buffet set up at several locations...

A3_102946.jpg.f6517de86a8d904e81ea59cb32ef19b7.jpg

You will see a map sign....

4_103021.thumb.jpg.30a3a647e2f2df7001f7af0a5945e4d3.jpg

And will soon find where we sit.....

A5_103030.thumb.jpg.96fec78baf982aa9beb37b1fc60d0d16.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one slammed you. I just said I don't understand the language and never been in one of the shops. I have zero issue with anyone who enjoys it.

the post you quoted was me replying to @Jimbo, who in my opinion was trying to imply that Starbucks is inferior and not worth drinking, with his photo of a candyshop + "when you put all that crap into coffee, do you really get to taste the coffee?" + asking how many calories was in my current fall favorite drink

@Jimbo can, of course, correct me if I am wrong, but I did feel judgement coming off of that post based on his tone, the candy store picture, and him asking how many calories. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At the end of the trolley ride we got off and headed to Adrenaline Beach. To get there go to the left behind the trolley seats and get on the path.

1_102833.thumb.jpg.93da8ced766c7eb7102b798c86f738db.jpg

You will soon see the sign...

A2_102928.thumb.jpg.9c276cfad71e763d46c76c67c76bdbc1.jpg

It looks like there is a separate buffet set up at several locations...

A3_102946.jpg.f6517de86a8d904e81ea59cb32ef19b7.jpg

You will see a map sign....

4_103021.thumb.jpg.30a3a647e2f2df7001f7af0a5945e4d3.jpg

And will soon find where we sit.....

A5_103030.thumb.jpg.96fec78baf982aa9beb37b1fc60d0d16.jpg

I enjoyed Labadee...excited to compare it to Coco Cay (I am not going to pay extra for the waterpark and stuff though)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am nor a Starbucks guy.  I don't even drink coffee.  Sharon says it the largest size drink.  Maybe it's a 20oz drink.   I really don't know.

Im the same way too. Except on a cruise where I will have an espresso after dinner with a dessert to help me out of a food coma. I’ve also gotten to like espresso martini’s. I still can’t drink coffee in the morning. I want a cold Diet Coke.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I enjoyed Labadee...excited to compare it to Coco Cay (I am not going to pay extra for the waterpark and stuff though)

Have you been to Coco Cay?  We were there in last October and January.   With reduced prices we got really good prices to the Waterpark.   It was a lot of fun and I was able to get really nice pics from the top of the slide towers.  I still have a couple on my phone.  This is from the shorter slide tower.  It is where the workers live.

image.png.d535e4c27456810e50c4aaf09cb04a05.png

I got great pics of the ship from the tallest tower.  We enjoyed it enough we did it a second time.  We have been there in the past without doing any of the extra stuff and still enjoyed it.  There is no need to pay extra to have fun there.  If I remember correctly go past the far large pool to the left, as far back as you can go, and you will be in a less crowded fun beach area.

On the way back, at the end of the pier, you can find a ride back to the boat.

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you been to Coco Cay?  We were there in last October and January.   With reduced prices we got really good prices to the Waterpark.   It was a lot of fun and I was able to get really nice pics from the top of the slide towers.  I still have a couple on my phone.  This is from the shorter slide tower.  It is where the workers live.

image.png.d535e4c27456810e50c4aaf09cb04a05.png

I got great pics of the ship from the tallest tower.  We enjoyed it enough we did it a second time.  We have been there in the past without doing any of the extra stuff and still enjoyed it.  There is no need to pay extra to have fun there.  If I remember correctly go past the far large pool to the left, as far back as you can go, and you will be in a less crowded fun beach area.

On the way back, at the end of the pier, you can find a ride back to the boat.

Have only been before it was "perfect day" so long time ago. 

32 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

the post you quoted was me replying to @Jimbo, who in my opinion was trying to imply that Starbucks is inferior and not worth drinking, with his photo of a candyshop + "when you put all that crap into coffee, do you really get to taste the coffee?" + asking how many calories was in my current fall favorite drink

@Jimbo can, of course, correct me if I am wrong, but I did feel judgement coming off of that post based on his tone, the candy store picture, and him asking how many calories. 

As an unbiased observer, sounds about right!🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

do the calories even matter? And I'm just over people shaming me for liking some of Starbucks drinks. Do I love everything they have? No...but I do like a few things and I go usually once on the weekends when I am out running errands or something and it brings me joy.  I also don't care if people don't like Starbucks, different strokes and all that. 

No need to explain.  

I enjoyed your posts and am following this thread as well.  On the Allure on Sunday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon is the Starbucks drinker.  She said the Larger drink is about a dollar more.

One thing you didn’t mention, is that you can use the Starbucks app to pay for your drinks at Starbucks on the ship.   You will also earn stars, but you can’t use stars on the ship to pay for the drinks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

SeaDog gets the credits for starting this.

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ooops,  sorry @Sea Dog. I know you do post nice ones.

While Greg @Sea Dog has popularized these shots lately, @harryfat1 was taking them many years ago as part of his Cheapo Dad trip reports.  He's the OG, as far as I know.  Doesn't really matter though...the more the merrier.

Harry...since the original context was lost, we're talking about mooring line pictures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

While Greg @Sea Dog has popularized these shots lately, @harryfat1 was taking them many years ago as part of his Cheapo Dad trip reports.  He's the OG, as far as I know.  Doesn't really matter though...the more the merrier.

Harry...since the original context was lost, we're talking about mooring line pictures.

I have been considering starting a mooring line thread some Day. 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just did a search to see who you were talking about.   He looks familiar.  I actually believe I met his wife Jenny yesterday.   I saw a lady walking the deck with a new 360 camera that I have been interested in. An Insta 360.  I talked to her about it.  It was recording while we were talking.  She said she was recording for her husband.

I wore a jacket the Second night and Sharon wore a sweater. It made a big difference.  It was the left side of my waist that froze the 1st night because it was blowing cold between the seats.  I don't know if it's the entire 1st floor,  we only sat in the lower section in the Amber Theater. 

I misunderstood about the cold in the nightclub.  I thought the cold was blowing from under the seat hitting your legs.

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am keeping an eye out for them.  Jenny was super nice.

So nice to know she's as nice in person as she is on you tube.  I bet the same can be said for Tony.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's a great idea.  You'd probably get a lot of people posting.  I've got some old pics that I could add.

It would be cool  to show the ship name and year taken.  If I start the thread it will be a week or two after this.  I can't keep up with this thread.

Maybe we will talk later about it on Dani's thread.  We will need to team up with others. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I would never say Starbucks is inferior since I never been there.

Just thought for a coffee shop I still think what makes a good cup of coffee is the beans it is made from...........But when you put all those different flavors in a cup you are really just masking the flavor of the coffee.

Thus I pictured a candy shop if you just want those kind of flavors.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Great review!  I’m like you can’t stay away from the ice cream.

How are the gorgeous grandchildren doing without Gpa? 

Glad you asked. 

After getting back to the room from earlier Kenzie was facetiming with Sharon.  I could hear saying Gpa Gpa.  I said. Hey Kenzie,  hey baby boo.  She said Hey Boo.  😆 

Last night the temp was supposed to hit 27⁰  our first freeze.  The kids and grandchildren went to the garden to pick all the vegetables before sunset.

Thanks for asking 🙂 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Im the same way too. Except on a cruise where I will have an espresso after dinner with a dessert to help me out of a food coma. I’ve also gotten to like espresso martini’s. I still can’t drink coffee in the morning. I want a cold Diet Coke.

Morning is actually the only time I like coffee. Odd how I don't like it at other times of the day. Now, an espresso martini is a whole different matter.🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 2