The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 15th, 2022

richwmn

43 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from sunny, windy central Texas.  This may be our next to  last "summer" day with highs in the 80sF.  It will be in the 80s tomorrow, but we have a high percentage chance of rain tomorrow through Monday,  🤞  Here's hoping that happens as we really need rain.  It will also be a chance to see if the roof repairs last month worked.  🤞  It is also a busy day in our community with our annual garage sale.  A lot of strange cars going by the house.

While I type this, I will have one eye on the Texas v Iowa State game.  GO HORNS!  🤘  HOOKEM!  So please ignore and forgive any typos.  😉

An update on DH.  He is doing a little better everyday, with ups and downs and some days better than others.  It will be a slow process as bones and nerves heal, and the real healing will begin after the second surgery.  We appreciate all the good wishes for his recovery.  BTW, last night I got 7 1/2 hours of sleep.

Sweetest Day is a good goal, but I'm afraid I sometimes fall short.  @grapau27  Graham, thank you for reminding me that it was Texas' own LBJ who instituted White Cane Day.  We don't see as many white canes these days, but there is one couple who we've met on several BHBs where the wife uses a white cane.  Pugs are cute, but I also would not have one.  I'm a dachshund gal. 

I could not agree more with the C. S. Lewis quote.  I value my friends highly.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We've been to Bora Bora seven times beginning in 1995.  It is our favorite place with Alaska running a close second.  Talk about opposites!

@cat shepard  Ann, I'm sorry your friends in Ft. Myers lost so much, but I'm glad they were not there during the storm.  I hope they don't have too much hassle with FEMA and the insurance company.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!  Have a great time with your sister, and I hope her shoulder has healed well.

@smitty34877 Terry, I really hope seeing an old friend helps lift Tana's sprits.

@lindaler  Linda, the art walk looks like fun, except for the crowds.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you have your car back and that you stood up for yourself over the charges.  I think women do have to be more aware to keep from being taking advantage of.  When older DD was in college, she needed work on the Mustang she'd inherited from me.  The shop people did not think that was the problem DH mentioned.  DD left and came back with the official shop manual which and showed the the relevant page.  The problem was fixed.

@summer slope Dixie, and @StLouisCruisers Sandi,  Several years ago when we got our yellow fever shots at the county health department before a cruise to west Africa, I asked about malaria pills.  The nurse asked if we'd be on land after dark.  When I said no, she said we would not need them.   I thought you might like to know what we were told, to help you decide about getting the pills.  BTW, when I got DH's meds Wednesday, I asked if they used the GoodRX price, and was told no. I was told they always check similar discounters and they found one that was a lower price.  Now, that is good customer service.  The only time we've had to wait a day or two for a prescription, is when it is one they don't normally carry.

@marshhawk  Annie, YEAH! for a day off and two days off from dog walking.

@Heartgrove  Jack, thanks for the new pictures of Lily.  She is growing but still really cute and sweet.  I hope the walk through went well.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, sorry about the a/c issues, but wow on the penthouse.  I hope they helped you move.

Lenda

I got a text at noon that the prescription is ready but we're in no hurry I guess.  Tomorrow, the next day, or whenever we get to it.  Since we and Dixie will be in Manaus overnight there really is a possibility some of us could be on shore after dark.  Actually when we went to western Africa we had an unexpected overnight in Banjul, The Gambia.  We couldn't tender into our port in the Cape Verde Islands (Praia, Ilha de Santiago) so went ahead on the itinerary.  Sometimes these changes come about and it's good to be prepared.

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It was that look of your wife has her hand on my butt!

image.thumb.jpeg.3e8ecad34cb4dfc621d42333bf99e9f6.jpeg

That's pretty funny!  Somehow I don't think that was the first time that had happened to him!🤣

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

This is what I posted on November 30, 2021, but without pictures.  I'll add some pictures at the end.

We have been to Bora Bora 7 times, on Windstar, Princess and HAL.  The first time in 1996 on Windstar, we did a tour with Patrick which we booked on the ship. He was just starting his tour business, and did not have a private motu or boat, but we enjoyed the tour.  Somehow, I wound up riding shotgun, and at one point, he asked to to steer the Land Rover Defender while he did something.  😱  Talk about nervous on that narrow road, but no one was harmed.  

Patrick took us up to his place in the hills where he grew bananas among other things.  It started raining just as we arrived, and he was one umbrella 🌂 short.  He quickly cut a banana leaf for me to use.  We also went up to the WWII guns and Bloody Mary's.  It was a fun day.

The next day, the ship had a beach day complete with cookout and snorkeling on a motu.  That was a great way to spend my birthday.  In 2016 while on Prinsendam, we realized that Tim Roberts was a deck officer on that cruise, and had a nice chat about the cruise and the Wind Song.

These pictures were taken from our curses once we had a digital camera.  In 2002, we were there on Volendam as part of the 64 day APEC cruise.  We have been there in 2004 on Tahitian Princess Cook Island and Tahiti cruses, and b2b on Pacific Princess in 2007 from Honolulu.

Sailing into the lagoon.

IMG_4054.thumb.JPG.d9566721fe682909256cfb8c7d417a09.JPG

One of the hotels with over the water bungalows.

IMG_2172.thumb.JPG.3c4cd31bdfdce8f97a15cab5f3be511b.JPG

The village of Vaitape 

IMG_1374.thumb.JPG.3f057187babdb83de60d295f8ba83e8f.JPG

IMG_1375.thumb.JPG.3a4ad23a544e7cfb807c2412cdc8f62e.JPG

Some of the pictures from our various drives around the island.

IMG_2173.thumb.JPG.9e1ee59fb255ab79f365701452d07d58.JPG

A nice beach

IMG_2180.thumb.JPG.0265833121029f07fd660da783879d1d.JPG

IMG_2181.thumb.JPG.cf918b5f81b18a2a47f871b76149c7c5.JPG

Since we had a rental car, we could visit the hotel next to the beach where the shuttle dropped ship passengers.  The passengers weren't allowed in the hotel.

IMG_2179.thumb.JPG.eca9f3270813991b270f0938235d75d7.JPG

IMG_1577.thumb.JPG.98514b7896d5e6f84813908379716f97.JPG

The pier across from Bloody Mary's

IMG_1557.thumb.JPG.33993a18f499dc1423a011b2827d6b22.JPG

Looking from Bloody Mary's toward the pier

IMG_1561.thumb.JPG.b3c8d342f694a62f95f3f557f70e912f.JPG

The sink for washing your hands in the lady's room at Bloody Mary's, which was basically open air except the stalls.  You pulled the ring to get the water flowing.

IMG_1560.thumb.JPG.bc1fae7e66692ce8cb78cbbbd18b7db9.JPG

In 2007, we did a ship tour in an submarine that took us along the outer side of the lagoon wall.  We saw a lot of fish and sharks, but the pictures through the thick glass are not the best.  This is the inside of the submarine and the captain as we headed back to shore.

IMG_1386.thumb.JPG.7fbd440ae8740cc64b9d317218549e17.JPG

IMG_1421.thumb.JPG.a1b862033bd8ca044af40da56c3874a9.JPG

The WWII gun emplacement.  The guns were never fired in anger.  

InkedIMG_1609.jpg.f997cfc10eb8b1df41040ef538256429.jpg

An interesting story about James Michener at the end of the war.  It seems the GI stationed on Bora Bora did not want to leave the island when the war ended.  Michener was sent to the island to persuade them to leave.  That assignment was the inspiration for his Tales of the South Pacific which lead to the musical South Pacific.

The Volendam in the lagoon in 2002.

IMG_2176.thumb.JPG.2d9177557e13a5736c18c38798d553af.JPG

Thank you to all who posted their pictures of Bora Bora.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I got a text at noon that the prescription is ready but we're in no hurry I guess.  Tomorrow, the next day, or whenever we get to it.  Since we and Dixie will be in Manaus overnight there really is a possibility some of us could be on shore after dark.  Actually when we went to western Africa we had an unexpected overnight in Banjul, The Gambia.  We couldn't tender into our port in the Cape Verde Islands (Praia, Ilha de Santiago) so went ahead on the itinerary.  Sometimes these changes come about and it's good to be prepared.

That's pretty funny!  Somehow I don't think that was the first time that had happened to him!🤣

If your over night, then that makes a difference.  But we were not advised to get the medicine when we were in Manaus for two nights.  Princess did suggest a long sleeved shirt when outside.  BUT, it was too dang hot and humid for long sleeves.

Lenda

• Like 11

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I'd like today's menu suggestion if it was served to me, but we don't have any brussels sprouts in the house (I hate cooking them because it smells up the entire house), so we'll be having some leftovers from this past week.

I have never been a big fan of Brussel Sprouts, but Mrs. XBGuy, who loves them, is winning me over.  We usually prepare them in one of two ways, neither of which seems to stink up the kitchen.

The first way is to not prepare them in the kitchen.  Cook them on the outdoor grill.  Cut the Brussel Sprouts into halves, and put them in an aluminum foil pan.  Pour a bit of oil over them and season to your liking.  If you want to put other vegetables in the pan--carrots, onions, peppers, potatoes--then go for it.  Set the pan on the grill and when they look good to you, they're done.  A neat benefit of using this aluminum pan idea is that it is not necessary to clean the grill afterwards,  😁

The second idea is to nuke them in the microwave.  Again, slice the Brussel Sprouts in half,  Put them in a microwavable dish and add a few tablespoons of water.  Cover the dish--we use plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it--and pop it into the microwave.  Blast it for a minute or two--we like them crunchy--and they're done.

And, as you can see, I would have never made it as a professional recipe writer.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, what prescription did you get?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Sandi, what prescription did you get?

We got Atovaquone and Proguanil Hydrochloride tablets, 250 mg/100mg - brand name Malerone.  Same prescription for the 2018 Grand Africa/Mediterranean.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@kazuGlad your SUV is fixed and you didn't have to pay a bill.  Hope it stays fixed.

Me too - it’s due for it’s MVI this month and usually I don’t worry about this stuff but since nothing has gone right so far….

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

It  did get straightened out and are now looking forward to November 5th!

Yay  on getting everything fixed up. 🙂. We’ll ‘sea’ you soon. 👍 

Great pictures of sweet Lily 👍 

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

It will save you a tremendous amount of time.  I proceed past a line of at least 1000 people because I had the app.  

I highly recommend this free app to all US & Canadian citizens.  Here’s some basic info.

6EBB4261-5D9A-44AD-A8EB-9D5FE56506F0.jpeg

Thanks so much, Tina 🙂 

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We have only used the mobile passport in Seattle.  There, when we get off the plane we find a bench, and Pat gets on line and opens the app.  People walk past us and look at us as if we are crazy, just sitting there....  Once Pat has it organized, we get up from our perch and walk past everyone else waiting in line, go to our "private" entry point - there is usually no one there - and head for the baggage carousel.  We are there before anyone else, and then we wait for our bags.  I was so happy to read that we will be able to use it in Vancouver now.   I'm not sure how the luggage thingy will work there, though, as we will be checking the bags in in Victoria to go to SD.

We don’t need to pick up bags for our flights to the U.S. (At least not if you are on air Canada.  The U.S. Customs sees the bags on their machines and if they have a question they just ask.

Thanks for the additional info on the MCP - and the previous post on it. 👍 

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

I open the app as soon as the plane touches down and complete the required info while I’m waiting to get off the plane.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

@kazu glad you got your SUV fixed and they didn’t charge. I went through similar with one of our SUVs just after warranty, and it cost thousands!   I’ve since switched to a very reliable brand and since 2007 have done nothing other than regular maintenance on the last two.  
I’m so glad you have another cruise booked.  Do you have nexus?  

Thanks.  No we didn’t have Nexus. That’s why I am getting this app.   We rarely went to the United States and when we did we always had lots of time.  It’s a long trip here for an interview and all the stuff that went with it.  International travel elsewhere is relatively simple.  Took little time to get through security - we were normally biz class and it was quick.

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@kazuJacqui, you left out a photo of Patrick's torch being lit 😁. That was a wonderful excursion

You are darned right I did 😉 Some of those pics looked more compromising than they really were 😂 

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

And I'm starting my birthday week celebration today too. Time is flying by!

Yay 🙂. Happy Birthday week to you 🙂 

5D98E157-4B7C-4430-ADCF-B8A6A294CDAF.jpeg.468991a93fc4659c0e479d4b3938384b.jpeg

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh yeah, didn't Jacqui get to light the torch once?  Someone had a photo and posted it.  Hope we get to see that one again.

Yes she did and no we don’t need to see those pics 😂 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

Good sunny and warm afternoon. It’s supposed to be a nice day tomorrow but then it gets cooler next week.

Today was a trifecta of dining for Lancaster county fire companies dinners.

All take out only. We started with chicken pot pie at Fivepointville , then proceeded to Witmer for Ox roast with all the accompliments and finished at Caernarvon for a full Turkey dinner. I’m set for the week. The community support for these dinners is always beyond measure.Not sure how many Turkey dinners they sell, but the Ox roast is 3,000 lbs they prepare, all by volunteers.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 15

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  We both like Brussels sprouts and had some really good ones in the Pinnacle Grill a few years back.  If they return to the menu I’m getting them again.  The kids had me up way too early this morning, I was double teamed so they won.  Ran a few errands and then tried to take a nap but that didn’t happen.  I think we are having takeout tonight but not sure from where.  I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh yeah, didn't Jacqui get to light the torch once?  Someone had a photo and posted it.  Hope we get to see that one again. 

I'm keeping those pictures as blackmail material, and I can hold them over her head!

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This is what I posted on November 30, 2021, but without pictures.  I'll add some pictures at the end.

We have been to Bora Bora 7 times, on Windstar, Princess and HAL.  The first time in 1996 on Windstar, we did a tour with Patrick which we booked on the ship. He was just starting his tour business, and did not have a private motu or boat, but we enjoyed the tour.  Somehow, I wound up riding shotgun, and at one point, he asked to to steer the Land Rover Defender while he did something.  😱  Talk about nervous on that narrow road, but no one was harmed.  

Patrick took us up to his place in the hills where he grew bananas among other things.  It started raining just as we arrived, and he was one umbrella 🌂 short.  He quickly cut a banana leaf for me to use.  We also went up to the WWII guns and Bloody Mary's.  It was a fun day.

The next day, the ship had a beach day complete with cookout and snorkeling on a motu.  That was a great way to spend my birthday.  In 2016 while on Prinsendam, we realized that Tim Roberts was a deck officer on that cruise, and had a nice chat about the cruise and the Wind Song.

These pictures were taken from our curses once we had a digital camera.  In 2002, we were there on Volendam as part of the 64 day APEC cruise.  We have been there in 2004 on Tahitian Princess Cook Island and Tahiti cruses, and b2b on Pacific Princess in 2007 from Honolulu.

Sailing into the lagoon.

IMG_4054.thumb.JPG.d9566721fe682909256cfb8c7d417a09.JPG

One of the hotels with over the water bungalows.

IMG_2172.thumb.JPG.3c4cd31bdfdce8f97a15cab5f3be511b.JPG

The village of Vaitape 

IMG_1374.thumb.JPG.3f057187babdb83de60d295f8ba83e8f.JPG

IMG_1375.thumb.JPG.3a4ad23a544e7cfb807c2412cdc8f62e.JPG

Some of the pictures from our various drives around the island.

IMG_2173.thumb.JPG.9e1ee59fb255ab79f365701452d07d58.JPG

A nice beach

IMG_2180.thumb.JPG.0265833121029f07fd660da783879d1d.JPG

IMG_2181.thumb.JPG.cf918b5f81b18a2a47f871b76149c7c5.JPG

Since we had a rental car, we could visit the hotel next to the beach where the shuttle dropped ship passengers.  The passengers weren't allowed in the hotel.

IMG_2179.thumb.JPG.eca9f3270813991b270f0938235d75d7.JPG

IMG_1577.thumb.JPG.98514b7896d5e6f84813908379716f97.JPG

The pier across from Bloody Mary's

IMG_1557.thumb.JPG.33993a18f499dc1423a011b2827d6b22.JPG

Looking from Bloody Mary's toward the pier

IMG_1561.thumb.JPG.b3c8d342f694a62f95f3f557f70e912f.JPG

The sink for washing your hands in the lady's room at Bloody Mary's, which was basically open air except the stalls.  You pulled the ring to get the water flowing.

IMG_1560.thumb.JPG.bc1fae7e66692ce8cb78cbbbd18b7db9.JPG

In 2007, we did a ship tour in an submarine that took us along the outer side of the lagoon wall.  We saw a lot of fish and sharks, but the pictures through the thick glass are not the best.  This is the inside of the submarine and the captain as we headed back to shore.

IMG_1386.thumb.JPG.7fbd440ae8740cc64b9d317218549e17.JPG

IMG_1421.thumb.JPG.a1b862033bd8ca044af40da56c3874a9.JPG

The WWII gun emplacement.  The guns were never fired in anger.  

InkedIMG_1609.jpg.f997cfc10eb8b1df41040ef538256429.jpg

An interesting story about James Michener at the end of the war.  It seems the GI stationed on Bora Bora did not want to leave the island when the war ended.  Michener was sent to the island to persuade them to leave.  That assignment was the inspiration for his Tales of the South Pacific which lead to the musical South Pacific.

The Volendam in the lagoon in 2002.

IMG_2176.thumb.JPG.2d9177557e13a5736c18c38798d553af.JPG

Thank you to all who posted their pictures of Bora Bora.

Lenda

Fantastic photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@kazuJacqui, you left out a photo of Patrick's torch being lit 😁. That was a wonderful excursion. 

Crazy weather-it's supposed to reach 80 degrees tomorrow with no rain in sight for several more days. Very odd for Seattle. Today is also National Chili Day. And I'm starting my birthday week celebration today too. Time is flying by!

Happy birthday week wishes.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@kazu and anyone else interested, Nexus really helps when leaving or coming back to Canada even from Europe.  Shorter line for security too.   We often fly business too, but have still found it worthwhile.  You can use the machines instead of waiting in line,  the only problem right now is the interview process.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have only been to Bora Bora once and yes I took Patricks tour. While with the sting rays one of the larger ones apparently got made at me and decided to goose me. Having that big animal force itself between my legs was quite frightening but several of our friends thought it was funny and took photos. Fortunately they do not post here in the Daily. Like @kazusaid some things are better left unseen. Bora Bora is hands down my favorite island and Patricks Tour is the best non-HAL excursion I have ever been on.

Jane

• Like 13

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

In Bora Bora while snorkeling on Patrick’s tours I noticed that I was getting quite far from the boat so I started to swim back. They didn’t provide fins and I quickly realized I’m not making any progress getting back to the boat. I finally had to raise my arm and request help. I was being held by a current. In the process my leg touched some coral and when I got back in the boat my leg was bleeding. Blood and sharks don’t mix so that was the end of snorkeling that day. There was plenty of black tip sharks around but the Lemon shark was huge!

You were very lucky that a shark did not find you; there usually are a lot of sharks where you snorkel.

In 2019 a snorkeler in Bora Bora has his foot bitten by a Lemon shark. He was wearing black flip flops in the water. No explanation required.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I have only been to Bora Bora once and yes I took Patricks tour. While with the sting rays one of the larger ones apparently got made at me and decided to goose me. Having that big animal force itself between my legs was quite frightening but several of our friends thought it was funny and took photos. Fortunately they do not post here in the Daily. Like @kazusaid some things are better left unseen. Bora Bora is hands down my favorite island and Patricks Tour is the best non-HAL excursion I have ever been on.

Jane

Wow, I must have been on that tour because that happened to one of the ladies on our tour in Bora Bora. I was watching it happen and made a comment like, “Thanks goodness the stingrays  tail didn’t get excited 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Thanks. Will be on the NS in December on b2b and have already booked PG, Rudi, Tamarind and Canatello!

• Like 4

Good afternoon.  It has been ages since I have been able to post!  Lots going on, and won't bore you with most of it!  I have laughed with you and cried with you, and have been reading the Daily, even if I couldn't post.

My biggest worry is that my oldest step-son has been diagnosed with both kidney and adrenal gland cancer.  Both are primary, but separate cancers.  Wednesday was an almost 6 hour surgery to remove adrenal and after about 2 months, the kidney removal will take place. He and his wife didn't break the news to any in the family till last Saturday.  They had gone thru the entire summer with testing, and then with the knowledge before surgery could be scheduled.  Any spare prayers are appreciated!  

I was supposed to be on the 150th Anniversary cruise of the Rotterdam, but had cancelled back in July.  Some of my friends had been wanting me to join them on a Hudson River cruise.  Late yesterday, a singled cabin opened up and I booked the cruise, airfare, and pre-cruise hotel after 4 pm yesterday!!!!!  I will go to Denver on Thursday or Friday, and we will be flying to LGA on 10/22 with departure on 10/23 for a 7-day cruise.  I will come home probably about 11/01!   Lots to do in less than a week, and I have Tuesday tied up with an all day Red Cross event that I had already agreed to work!

@kazu I can relate to car issues.  I had my car in for work that had been done in April (part order took 4 months to arrive).  Same problem started again, and it was in for work about 3 weeks ago.  After 2-1/2 days, it started again, after dealer thought it was fixed for good.  Now, my car is at the dealer with no date when they will give it back.  Waiting for a part (should come sooner), and I now have a loaner.  Hate the loaner, but I will deal with it, as it gets me from Point A to Point B.  If the car isn't back by Wednesday I may give the loaner back while I am on the river cruise!

One good thing, except for cruise is that we have had a beautiful month of perfect temps, and no wind!  Trees are loosing leaves, but the colors in my sub-division have been quite lovely.  Glad I don't have to clean up the mess,  as that is part of the HOA's problem.

Thanks to all who post here for the wonderful camaraderie that is shared!  Have a good evening.

Mary Kay

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

A word about Nexus: for holders of U.S. passports it also provides Global Entry, but the specific advantage of Nexus is that it provides quick crossing of the U.S.-Canada border in both directions. This means that applications have to be approved by both countries.

The U.S. CBP is phasing out Automated Passport Control in favor of facial recognition, which I've already experienced at Newark and Detroit airports and the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. However, the Mobile Passport app can be used at many ports of entry, including preclearance at Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

I made the stuffed sweet potato dish from (I think) Thursday's FR&D and liked it. I also cooked the last asparagus, which I ate, and the last green beans, which I chilled for tomorrow.

I haven't received an update about Fran since yesterday afternoon, when she was conscious, breathing with the help of a BIPAP machine and frequently removing the mask to give funeral instructions (no funeral, just committal service, with a memorial later if people want to hold one). However, she was giving these instructions to the rabbi whom I work with, and although Fran has worked at the synagogue for almost 15 years, she is Christian. As I understand it, when the BIPAP is insufficient, she won't be intubated; it will be disconnected and more sedation administered. The hospital would allow her to discontinue sooner if she chooses. The palliative-care specialist is a friend of both of us.

This morning the lectionary in the synagogue, for the Sabbath in Sukkot, included Ecclesiastes:

Utter futility!—said Koheleth—
Utter futility! All is futile!

What real value is there for a man
In all the gains he makes beneath the sun?
One generation goes, another comes,
But the earth remains the same forever.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

Good afternoon.  It has been ages since I have been able to post!  Lots going on, and won't bore you with most of it!  I have laughed with you and cried with you, and have been reading the Daily, even if I couldn't post.

My biggest worry is that my oldest step-son has been diagnosed with both kidney and adrenal gland cancer.  Both are primary, but separate cancers.  Wednesday was an almost 6 hour surgery to remove adrenal and after about 2 months, the kidney removal will take place. He and his wife didn't break the news to any in the family till last Saturday.  They had gone thru the entire summer with testing, and then with the knowledge before surgery could be scheduled.  Any spare prayers are appreciated!  

I was supposed to be on the 150th Anniversary cruise of the Rotterdam, but had cancelled back in July.  Some of my friends had been wanting me to join them on a Hudson River cruise.  Late yesterday, a singled cabin opened up and I booked the cruise, airfare, and pre-cruise hotel after 4 pm yesterday!!!!!  I will go to Denver on Thursday or Friday, and we will be flying to LGA on 10/22 with departure on 10/23 for a 7-day cruise.  I will come home probably about 11/01!   Lots to do in less than a week, and I have Tuesday tied up with an all day Red Cross event that I had already agreed to work!

@kazu I can relate to car issues.  I had my car in for work that had been done in April (part order took 4 months to arrive).  Same problem started again, and it was in for work about 3 weeks ago.  After 2-1/2 days, it started again, after dealer thought it was fixed for good.  Now, my car is at the dealer with no date when they will give it back.  Waiting for a part (should come sooner), and I now have a loaner.  Hate the loaner, but I will deal with it, as it gets me from Point A to Point B.  If the car isn't back by Wednesday I may give the loaner back while I am on the river cruise!

One good thing, except for cruise is that we have had a beautiful month of perfect temps, and no wind!  Trees are loosing leaves, but the colors in my sub-division have been quite lovely.  Glad I don't have to clean up the mess,  as that is part of the HOA's problem.

Thanks to all who post here for the wonderful camaraderie that is shared!  Have a good evening.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, so sad to hear of your oldest stepson's cancer diagnoses.   I hope he will be able to recover from both the surgeries.  

Have a great Hudson River cruise!

• Like 10

I’m late again today.  We are just enjoying our new digs and we only have one day left. 

Today was not as bright and sunny as the last few, but it was good enough.

We just enjoyed being up here on our patio and using our private pool. We also ordered room service and never went downstairs at all.  Talk about lazy!

All is well.

And there was another lovely sunset. And I will leave you with that.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

06C05273-0CFA-4766-BCDD-6EB469EB778C.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 18