Just off Equinox

39august

Boarded Equinox on Sept. 26, debarked yesterday, Oct. 15. Crew was allowed to remove masks for the second leg of this back to back. So nice to see faces again! Smiles all around. No testing for second leg of back to back. Ship was about 94% capacity. Weather was spotty with some rain nearly every day. No vaccine records required off ship in any of the ports. Did the Willamstead trolley tour on Curacao. Fun little tour to see many of the very decorative buildings. Nothing on other islands as have been to each many times, except Martinique, which is mostly closed on Sunday.  Crew wonderful as always. Pete was the CD and had a very interesting video presentation about Windsor Castle, its surrounding park and the queen's funeral. The crew in Luminae are just outstanding. All greet you by name at least by the second day. If you don't see what appeals to you on the menu ask about whatever you want. They will do their best to make it happen. Our main waiter, Lasanke, brought me several different Indian dishes after I told him that I love Indian food. You can ask for appetizers to be served as mains, half portions of any thing, order off the main dining room menu, and off the childfren's menu which includes mac and cheese and filet among other things. Henroi and Adrian at the World Class Bar are very personable. Komange and Kay are standouts at the Ensemble bar. The house band was not good in my opinion, but the classic string duo, Sound Wave is outstanding. My  husband and I both thought solo guitarist was terrible. Iam up in the Sky lounge every evening at 5 had our favorite drinks ready when we arrived. There was plenty of Decoy all over the ship. No shortages on these 2 cruises. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Any idea how many people tested positive? We were on the 9/17 9 day sailing and I tested positive on the 22nd. We managed to stay safe for 2 years but knew there was always a chance to catch it. WE would have worn our masks at all times except when eating had we known but saw almost nobody except the crew with masks on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will be on the Equinox in November and are always interested in the music offerings.  Can you remember the name of the house band?  What kind of music did they play?  Is there another band as well?  We were on the Solstice last month and they had two bands we liked.  Thanks for your review.

1 hour ago, dogsdogs said:

We will be on the Equinox in November and are always interested in the music offerings.  Can you remember the name of the house band?  What kind of music did they play?  Is there another band as well?  We were on the Solstice last month and they had two bands we liked.  Thanks for your review.

Can’t remember the names but we’ve been on the equinox twice this year and the house bands were poor. On it on 2019 and Nu Image were there, they were brilliant.

• Thanks 1

I want to say something like "Long Play" or maybe it just seemed to be since they were so bad. Yes, 2 house bands and both very poor. All kinds of older rock music for both. On the other hand, the production cast seemed very talented as both singers and dancers. I seldom go to those shows anymore, but this cast was very good. There was a violinist specialty act once, a guitar act, and a trio of male singers doing a clever idea for a show called "Carole's Kings" . If they had been more talented vocalists, that show would have been a real winner. As it was, it was entertaining.

51 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Can’t remember the names but we’ve been on the equinox twice this year and the house bands were poor. On it on 2019 and Nu Image were there, they were brilliant.

Have been on several cruises with Nu Image and there one of the best house bands. They  from Jamica  and have a many different song lists.

• Like 2

Yes, Vinod was still in Luminae. We found that he will be on board when we return in January. Several of the servers there will be back at that time. Then, alas, some of the other great guys will be gone. When are you sailing in Jan? We board Jan. 2 for another 10-9 night back to back. 

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Wondering if Vinod was still in Luminae?  One of our favorite waiters of all time!  Glad to hear you had a good experience - we are sailing in January and can't wait.  One of our very favorite of all the Celebrity ships.

We are on the ship now.  We had him many times in Blu and was surprised to have him in Lunimae.  A great waiter

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

C87CE05E-2FCE-4A92-ACB2-5D6FDC3EBDA3.jpeg

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 8:58 PM, miched said:

We are on the ship now.  We had him many times in Blu and was surprised to have him in Lunimae.  A great waiter

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Awesome! Do you know if he will still be there in January? Would love to see him again. Last time we cruised Equinox he had gone on holiday beginning that week😔

On 10/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, 39august said:

Yes, Vinod was still in Luminae. We found that he will be on board when we return in January. Several of the servers there will be back at that time. Then, alas, some of the other great guys will be gone. When are you sailing in Jan? We board Jan. 2 for another 10-9 night back to back. 

Board the 12th for a B2B.

On 10/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I also had Vinod in Blu and then Luminae a few years later. He was wonderful.