princess patter with no smart phone.

getting older slowly

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi All

Will be on the Grand in a week...  I presume    due to the medallion app    there is no Printed patter ??

Or this it still printed   or viewable on your TV ???

Many thanks  Don

They are still available at the customer service desk.

18 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi All

Will be on the Grand in a week...  I presume    due to the medallion app    there is no Printed patter ??

Many thanks  Don

Don, on Coral in September, Princess Patter was available in printed form from Guest Services Desk (ye olde Purser's Desk.)  So I would expect Gran would be the same.

15 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi All

Many thanks  Don

Your cabin steward will get it for you.

I actually like looking at the paper, easier

than scrolling through the App. 

Also, they have large kiosks near the elevators, where you can check events too.

• Like 1

Our first day when the Steward introduced himself we asked to have the ice in the refrigerator refreshed each day and to have a Patter delivered to the room each evening. The Patter was waiting on the foot of the bed every day.

• Like 1

I'm going to guess that as long as us older generation is around or they make bigger screens on IPhones the Paper Patter willl be around for a long time to come.   It really is a hassle to read on the phone and many of us don't really like carrying the phones around.   That's us, the older generation.   LOL

Ok exceptions to every rule.  And god bless them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

thanks all for your replies......   got to love CC     for all info....

All one has to do is pack our bags  .. which are open airing in the spare room

Cheers  Don  ( 7 sleeps to go )

In the App under Preferences/Room there is a check mark for Patter under what flyers you would like to receive, which means you can ask to have whatever flyers you want delivered.

Edited by billco
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, waltd said:

I'm going to guess that as long as us older generation is around or they make bigger screens on IPhones the Paper Patter willl be around for a long time to come.   It really is a hassle to read on the phone and many of us don't really like carrying the phones around.   That's us, the older generation.   LOL

Ok exceptions to every rule.  And god bless them.  

I think the aim is accommodating more than people who think of themselves as the older generation. There are many people with disabilities young and old who have difficulty using todays devices, just as there are many whose lives have been made easier by developments in technology. As a long time iPhone user I know it has many accessibility features that have benefited everyone

Edited by billco

5 minutes ago, billco said:

There are many people with disabilities young and old who have difficulty using todays devices, 

Eyesight problems and arthritic fingers make using tiny phone screens a challenge.

• Like 1

I dislike the Journey View as it means scrolling up and down as well as back and forth. I used the "old version" on our last cruise. I just entered royal.princess.com into my browser and got the old style listing of events. Much easier to navigate. This should work on any Princess ship. Just substitute the name or your ship for "royal".

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, billco said:

In the App under Preferences/Room there is a check mark for Patter under what flyers you would like to receive, which means you can ask to have whatever flyers you want delivered.

Mine just spins!

On our cruise earlier this month, the patter was delivered daily to our cabin.  We didn't ask for it but it came anyway.   

Side question:  Out of curiosity, does anyone know if these are printed on board?  

Edited by ldubs

37 minutes ago, ldubs said:

On our cruise earlier this month, the patter was delivered daily to our cabin.  We didn't ask for it but it came anyway.   

Side question:  Out of curiosity, does anyone know if these are printed on board?  

Yes, they are printed onboard. They can even be printed correctly some days and then incorrectly other days. For maybe 3 days we had this in our Patter. Before and afterward it always said "flatter" rather than "fatter".

image.jpeg.2c7ef1e0c5fc0e3b49fc45a5a299d515.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

All one has to do is pack our bags  .. which are open airing in the spare room

Cheers  Don  ( 7 sleeps to go )

You must not have a cat!!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, they are printed onboard. They can even be printed correctly some days and then incorrectly other days. For maybe 3 days we had this in our Patter. Before and afterward it always said "flatter" rather than "fatter".

Same with us on the Emerald earlier this month - a copy of the Patter was in our cabin every night without asking.