Any changes to the 10+ night cruise Covid testing requirement?

Crown Vic

3 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Probably too many sub variants now spreading to change this early in the winter season.

Carnival, HAL, and Virgin all changed this week to allow for no pre-cruise testing for anyone. And according to the HAL site, this also includes cruises greater than 15 days. Everyone. Every cruise. No vaccine requirements and no test requirements (unless port requires). 

I think RCL will follow soon.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

38 minutes ago, 39august said:

Carnival  is requiring boosters for those sailing over 15 night cruises. I was very surprised about that, but it is on their website. 

FYI, I just did a quick search on 16+ night Carnival cruises in the next year and could count them all using the fingers on just one hand. So not many at all.

11 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Royal just dropped testing for most cruises today (exceptions remain for cruises that stop in certain port countries).  We shall see if Celebrity follows. 

Could you supply a link to source information.    I checked RCL site but didn't find it.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Could you supply a link to source information.    I checked RCL site but didn't find it.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

The first line says, "Pre-cruise testing is no longer required to sail, with a few exceptions." 

And then it goes on to outline the few exceptions.

2 minutes ago, 39august said:

Wow! I imagine we will see this by next week on X. I notice there is no date given so I suppose that means NOW. 

Yes, the e-mails from Royal that I have seen posted in Facebook groups today said effective Nov 2 (today).

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

The first line says, "Pre-cruise testing is no longer required to sail, with a few exceptions." 

And then it goes on to outline the few exceptions.

Thanks -- Celebrity is a bit more restrictive.   Their policy IMHO is pretty stupid.   They do require testing from someone unvaxed but rely on people saying they are unvaxed and don't ask for proof of Vax.   Then on longer 10+ day you have to take a self test and take picture -- duh.. how hard would that be to fake since the home kits don't have a serial number.  

• Like 1

The US site still hasn't updated. I'm sure it will come up there soon though. This is  good news! I'm guessing this also takes away the possibility of B2B testing ( unless one leg is an itinerary that falls under the exceptions).

One less stress for my cruises next month.