Extra charge in Pinnacle for 2nd appetizer - Eurodam starts 10-30-22

DaveOKC

3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It means flexibility.  You don't have to worry about attending early, overcrowded happy hour as you have the drink package.

At least this is how I felt earlier in the month on the Nieuw Statendam.

Agree. Looking forward to sitting in a blissfully quiet bar without worrying about finding a seat early at the Happy Hour locations. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses re. charges for shrimp cocktail.  Guess he won't be having any at that cost.

Another quick question - DH also likes waffles with sugar-free syrup (he's diabetic) every morning for breakfast.  Anyone know availability in Buffet or Dining Room?

On 10/30/2022 at 6:49 PM, Mary229 said:

One thing we did not ask which I would like to know, is often I order appetizers instead of an entree.  I assume I could have the substitution at no additional cost?

Yes. DW ordered soup, an appetizer and side (no entree) and was ok. Not sure how many apps you can order in place of entree but seems like they'd give more than 2....but then maybe not. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

Thank you so much.  I will do that....

19 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@crusin'k They have Belgian waffles and crepes. Have you downloaded The Navigator app?  You can see menus there.

For my upcoming Rotterdam cruise:

Today’s Lido breakfast menu:8795E20A-DCEF-42C5-9AF8-5558F4BBB2AB.thumb.jpeg.58d81f483e2e6f226f6e09b49e65ee92.jpeg914B9FF0-6D12-43A6-B71F-81BCF6E59631.jpeg.4fa4f41bc84ce2cd55e3a23b6947bef0.jpeg

And a portion of the MDR menu:

A4008546-3A85-405B-B07B-CCAAF8EBA841.jpeg.411954b17213f42e2f972f8fc3ac1397.jpeg

I just tried downloading the Navigator app and it says "not compatible with this device."  I have a TracFone (I know)! But I have downloaded the apps (using Google Play) for Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess with no problem. I wonder why not HAL?

7 hours ago, crusin'k said:

I just tried downloading the Navigator app and it says "not compatible with this device."  I have a TracFone (I know)! But I have downloaded the apps (using Google Play) for Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess with no problem. I wonder why not HAL?

A good question for navigator.support@hollandamerica.com.....

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

You can still have a fine meal at Pinnacle Grill without ordering any up-charge items, but everyone makes their own choices!

Have a great time!

We prefer  Tamarind & Canaletto  with the hassles now going on at the PG  . We will do those 2 restaurants  on the 2nd of the B2B 5 day   cruises ;as we have more OBC then  ;as strange as that seems .The 1st cruise is 7 nights & 2nd cruise 5 nights   . for the first 7 night cruise we have any time dining so we will eat in the MDR & the Lido  . 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, bdd123 said:

How does happy hour work if you have elite drink package with "have it all"?

Happy hour does not apply for those with a drink package - it has no impact whatsoever on how the drink packages operate. 

• Like 1

Well- if its bogo or 50%?off, how would it work with drinks above $11, under both the “over $11, you pay full price” and the”over $11, pay the difference” scenarios?

and can I choose to actually pay for a drink oop with HIA? I’d rather buy a $2.50 cup of coffee than an $11 drink oop.

2 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Well- if its bogo or 50%?off, how would it work with drinks above $11, under both the “over $11, you pay full price” and the”over $11, pay the difference” scenarios?

and can I choose to actually pay for a drink oop with HIA? I’d rather buy a $2.50 cup of coffee than an $11 drink oop.

On another recent thread it was suggested to buy a separate coffee card, if you feel you would go over the 15 drinks a day limit, and then use that when ordering coffee.

@crusin'k, I was looking in the app store this morning and found out my phone doesn't support the latest version of Navigator, nor does my Samsung tablet.  I can still use the version I currently have on my phone.  My phone is several years old, probably time for a new one before my next HAL cruise in March.  

23 minutes ago, albingirl said:

I've lost track of things with all this thread drift.  Is a salad considered an appetizer?  Soup?  If I have escargot with a salad, do I incur a charge? 

Yes to all of your questions.  One item can be chosen at no cost in the Appetizer section of the menu.  Every other choice will be an extra $7 charge.     PG Dinner Menu

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if this will be a thing at lunch as well.  I didn’t eat at the pinnacle at night on my last cruise so I don’t know if they are charging for extra apps.  They didn’t seem to do it at lunch.  I just had one and my main but someone was sitting next to me had 3 apps and a main and nothing was mentioned about a charge.  That said maybe they don’t mention it.