The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 4th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Candy Day, National Day of Community Service, and Use Your Common Sense Day

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse.--Thomas Szasz

Meal Suggestion for today - Cioppino Seafood Stew With Gremolata Toasts
Drink of the Day - Downward Facing Daiquiri
Wine of the Day - Anton Bauer 2017 Reserve Artist Blaufränkisch (Wagram) Austria
Destination of the Day - Mazatlan, Mexico

Eurodam

Cartagena Colombia 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11/05

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/06

Nieuw Statendam

Key West, Florida 08:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

Valencia, Spain 07:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 07:00 - 23:00

Volendam

Naples, Italy 07:00 - 18:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles eta 11/08

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Norfolk Island, Australia Destination Noumea, New Caledonia eta 11/5

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Tangalooma, Australia eta 11/6

Zuiderdam

Papeete, Tahiti Island, French Polynesia 08:00 -

1104World.thumb.png.9aa7a01b4865702b66a41f99b79a1f05.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Good selection of days but the quote is strange.

Pass on the meal.

We stopped in Mazatlan in 1984 sailing with Sitmar's Fairsky in her inaugural year. Wonderful ship and a great line, we still miss them.

Finally on my antibiotics and I had some drainage with the fingertip this morning which is a good sign, hopefully the swelling will subside and with it the pain, still looks uglier than sin.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the TGIF (and getaway for me) day, Rich.  I do at least try to use my common sense.  I hope my work with church and fire department count as community service.  My candy of choice is chocolate mints.  I don't think the quote is true but a lot of people depend on it.  I don't think I have been to Matzalan.  I'll pass as usual on the seafood.  My alternative is Orange and Radiccio Salad, Chilled Melon Bisque, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken as served on MS Prinsendam October 4, 2017.

dishes05.jpg

@kazu reported upsetting news on her live thread this morning.  I pray it's at least somewhat manageable.

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
RIP Vict0riann Cousin Vicki 10/30/22
Lady Hudson DH dental problem immediately before cruise
NextOne recovering from respiratory infection
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri in ICU after multiple falls
Ottahand7 Sister in Law headed to rehab with bed sores
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Maarshhawk visiting  DMIL with severe dimentia
1Angelcat Botox denial
From the rotation:
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

New chair for Kazu
Dfish packed
Sharon in Charleston
5 days for me (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20, Auto Train 11/4)
3 days for CraztForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/6 tp 11/13)
2 days for Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS 11/6 to 11/20)
1 day for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12)
1 day for Kazu, 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19)
Cruising-Along (Nieuw Statendam  to 11/5) and Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 13

Good morning and happy Friday!  Thanks for the daily report that includes a great collection of days.  I love candy day.  Interesting quote.  I like the meal and drink suggestions.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and for a quick recovery for @kazu’s foot.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today, safe travels @rafinmd!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF (and getaway for me) day, Rich.  I do at least try to use my common sense.  I hope my work with church and fire department count as community service.  My candy of choice is chocolate mints.  I don't think the quote is true but a lot of people depend on it.  I don't think I have been to Matzalan.  I'll pass as usual on the seafood.  My alternative is Orange and Radiccio Salad, Chilled Melon Bisque, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken as served on MS Prinsendam October 4, 2017.

dishes05.jpg

@kazu reported upsetting news on her live thread this morning.  I pray it's at least somewhat manageable.

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
RIP Vict0riann Cousin Vicki 10/30/22
Lady Hudson DH dental problem immediately before cruise
NextOne recovering from respiratory infection
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri in ICU after multiple falls
Ottahand7 Sister in Law headed to rehab with bed sores
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Maarshhawk visiting  DMIL with severe dimentia
1Angelcat Botox denial
From the rotation:
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

New chair for Kazu
Dfish packed
Sharon in Charleston
5 days for me (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20, Auto Train 11/4)
3 days for CraztForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/6 tp 11/13)
2 days for Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS 11/6 to 11/20)
1 day for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12)
1 day for Kazu, 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19)
Cruising-Along (Nieuw Statendam  to 11/5) and Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and I hope you have an excellent train journey and cruise.

Graham.

• Like 19

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another mild (for us) day.  Today should be a sunny 19°C (66°F), normal for this time of year is 8°C (46°F).  We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

An interesting collection of days.  I love candy.  I try to use common sense.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds great.

I think I'll like the drink.  Hope the wine isn't too sweet or expensive.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Good morning. Roy, wishes for safe travel and a great cruise experience. Well, we didn’t make it to our small group last night. After an early dinner our bodies reminded us we were still on France time! Called and let them know we weren’t coming and managed to last until 7:00 PM before losing consciousness!😴

It’s currently 62 degrees but as the day warms into the seventies the game plan is put the top down on the Spyder and drive to a lunch spot overlooking the Gulf.

Debbie I do hope the final steps in your move go smoothly and without a hitch.

We visited Mazatlan last fall on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam.

Thanks for the reports. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1c7725bad4fe29cb9fc266918a9712d1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3811a4c0ba8437d2e159ef9e7c5926e3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3ec5ff35cb039e8e2c9a631a47206d75.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.577964be648719fb93dc976907350f40.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b64eaa0cbab5c3d63a1524641466364e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2fb4ebc2153426f0ad348a80bd88b3a4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6f56cf769bbc51e6e0ccdbcfddd0f9f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d65e1612f3ae945d426e8e9da778423a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e24a18b2dc7df5303cbd2d569c3408b0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dbe44375aca6912c4d90a537ece89ca3.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

It is currently sunny and 6°C but there was a frost on the grass and car windscreen first thing.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

Today's community service relates to Dominica where everyone gets involved but community service in the UK is for people who have been convicted of a minor offence.

Good wishes for everyone who is unwell.

Graham 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a chilly PA.  Thanks to all who post.

Thank you, Roy, for inquiring about me late yesterday.  Unfortunately I did have to cancel our November trips on Anthem.  DH’s dental surgery will be extensive and somewhat tricky given his medical situation.  Surgery scheduled for Monday.  That’s life — expect the unexpected.  We hope to still make a planned trip on 12/1 on Enchantment of the Seas.

Settling in for a nice weekend of good weather and more election ads on tv.  Be safe everyone.  Katherine 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich!  Lots of fast moving clouds this morning and it is just beginning to get light outside.

Bindi is not a fan of the dark, though the night Ian knocked out the power, she wanted to walk all around the neighborhood on her bedtime walk, trying to figure out why we were the only ones whose house was lit up. Luckily the wind and rain had died down by that time. 

Off to the gym. Then I need to get out in the garden again. Weather permitting. 

82C96F87-B619-4857-BDB1-759F446D48E3.jpeg.5999285815aaa1e5aae22c24a13316b8.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Anton Bauer 2017 Reserve Artist Blaufränkisch (Wagram) Austria

This bold, red Austrian wine is a bit elusive but has superb reviews from consumers and critics. I did find a couple online distributors. The one in North America offers it for $44.99. The Austrian distributor offers it for $28.99. 

Winemaker notes
 Pure, tart red currant on the nose is softened by gentle almond and
 vanilla notes. On the translucent palate, those same poles manage to unite: the tart, crisp freshness of the fruit
 and the rounded, fluid softness of the vanilla with a pleasant whiff of smoke. The body remains light, the tannins
 are silky, and pepper shimmers around the edges. This is harmonious, elegant and poised.”
    97pts. Wine Enthusiast

Subtle notes of ripe blueberry need to be shaken awake on the shy nose. Swirling also brings out a note of cinnamon. The dense palate surprises with its inherent, almost cooling freshness and its superfine tannins. This is elegant and poised despite its undoubted power, a wonderfully light touch has revealed the inherent grace of this wine.
Drink by 2040.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  A cool 51F outside this a.m. as we walked through the neighborhood in the dark.  It will be mid 70's and sunny later on.  A nice beginning to the weekend.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn and Roy @rafinmdfor their contributions.  I love candy, and appreciate those who help out in their community.  I know there are those doing community service because they are forced to like Graham @grapau27said.  Always try to use common sense since it usually doesn't steer you the wrong way.  Strange quote.  I would not like the seafood stew -- it's just not my thing.  

Roy @rafinmd, good luck on your journey on the car train and your cruise.  Same to the rest of our CC members, especially hoping Jacqui @kazumakes it onto the ship okay and has a good cruise.  I haven't read the update to her live from thread yet, so I hope the news isn't too, too awful.  Prayers for all on the Care list.  There are quite a few of you, but each one of you are important to us so I hope the prayers are of some comfort to you.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list.  Have a wonderful cruise!  And I hope for a safe and easy moving day today and moving in day tomorrow for Debbie @dfish.  We can't wait to hear all about it.

The port destination today is Mazatlan, Mexico which was posted here on August 13, 2021.  Here is the link to Rich's post that day in order to go back easily and retrieve your photos.  My own photos will follow.

We've only been to Mazatlan twice, once on the Regal Princess in 2005 on a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The second time on the Westerdam in 2016 as part of our Panama Canal cruise.  I'm sure the better photos are from the second trip so I'll check on that.  

There's one photo from 2005 that I will show you from our Mazatlan trip.  That's of the cliff divers.  My 2016 photos of that event weren't as good.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNrCsQuK1mkUZyDwxCfq_1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365183705

In 2016 when we got off the Westerdam, we were told there were many expats in Mazatlan who would be standing on the streets in blue shirts to help all the cruise passengers find their way.  They even had a blue line painted on the street from the cruise ship dock to the central business district.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYFBEGRLXG25YVszrZk6Eo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144770

Helpful expats00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdBS_xtUpi2o36Np0RM4DQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144784

The Teatro Angela Peralta

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZciAaXIvaKvUpnhaWq0oN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144819

The interior courtyard of the Teatro.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUI1wwUFd9T1XT43Kse9D7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146025

The stage00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWb7hY7rQJLctjacZDXrFZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146082

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLr-p3NIO1Zs3pNfAeQVr9F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146078

The town square00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk34MwPxPQ29H2Ke_vqLNa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144855

Many cruisers stopped along here to get a beer or some appetizers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDnUAer0Ps5lm0HuTN2Hq9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144878

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPIl9e7ZTd96FkwJFtcL-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144927

Wow!  It was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUOR3Nc9tKmrgO7bmaUGut?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144970

Just look up!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzTpt5uSKXFinoYwzfSvo8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144964

Amazing work on this altar00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItHUHaP_njUIejGbKmrLEK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145013

Close by was El Mercado where you could find just about anything - meat, produce, handicrafts, souvenirs, clothing, etc.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkVXFIgYlgMLIOCsFFyvgv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145098

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1X9PV2DYzME54jOme6qlz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSgansd4x2R5u4xsXmfeJZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145072

walking toward the shore we saw these colorful houses00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFr3JEeVgiwmCaHOW2FktX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJR0SMb_rrmoJfzOonXlHJL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145263

This is when we went to watch the cliff divers.  It was clouding up so we thought it might rain.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxVtgOpB4Nrp9sacQ4-uok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145751

As you can see we were in the wrong spot to see the diving perfectly.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrEfRYSK3QM0yqRXxvELRz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145845

Then we went into this restaurant the Shrimp Bucket for a beer.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfHTOGayWpjWLUCIIaOPVU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145278

The family next to us ordered this huge bowl of shrimp.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqdIw_BlPj1rwxqdUsIPT9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460123491

We turned around and headed back to the ship, walking past the square again where a group of dancers were entertaining the crowds.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_fnwacZ6BXfZ-7EdOTevS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145925

Back to the ship and a view of the town from the upper decks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZc8r03T1bLiwoLq25t1qU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146154

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the fleet update and general info.

The quote of the day, let’s see; I thought that quote originated in the early 1900’s when the Wright Brothers met Suzy Wong. Miss Wong was very upset at the Brothers attitude toward her so she told them, “Two Wrights don’t make a Wong.” 😳. (Something a sexist might say).

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today promises to be in the 70’s certainly doesn’t feel like November.  I’m all checked in for  flight and hotel.  Luckily my work schedule has only one meeting so I’ll be able to finish packing.  I’ll also make sure the house is presentable for the pet sitter.  Ill try to get to bed a bit early since our flight starts boarding at 5am tomorrow, ugh.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.95c536c9ac46c37af5d0255c17054bf0.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 4

Good morning!  It is chilly here this morning.  I am skipping tai chi since we will be walking to theater tonight and I have errands to do and I still need to get visas on my phone for our WC.

We still have Halloween candy left!  I knew it would last awhile since we don’t get trick and treaters.  

Best wishes to all!

• Like 15

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  A cool 51F outside this a.m. as we walked through the neighborhood in the dark.  It will be mid 70's and sunny later on.  A nice beginning to the weekend.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn and Roy @rafinmdfor their contributions.  I love candy, and appreciate those who help out in their community.  I know there are those doing community service because they are forced to like Graham @grapau27said.  Always try to use common sense since it usually doesn't steer you the wrong way.  Strange quote.  I would not like the seafood stew -- it's just not my thing.  

Roy @rafinmd, good luck on your journey on the car train and your cruise.  Same to the rest of our CC members, especially hoping Jacqui @kazumakes it onto the ship okay and has a good cruise.  I haven't read the update to her live from thread yet, so I hope the news isn't too, too awful.  Prayers for all on the Care list.  There are quite a few of you, but each one of you are important to us so I hope the prayers are of some comfort to you.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list.  Have a wonderful cruise!  And I hope for a safe and easy moving day today and moving in day tomorrow for Debbie @dfish.  We can't wait to hear all about it.

The port destination today is Mazatlan, Mexico which was posted here on August 13, 2021.  Here is the link to Rich's post that day in order to go back easily and retrieve your photos.  My own photos will follow.

We've only been to Mazatlan twice, once on the Regal Princess in 2005 on a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The second time on the Westerdam in 2016 as part of our Panama Canal cruise.  I'm sure the better photos are from the second trip so I'll check on that.  

There's one photo from 2005 that I will show you from our Mazatlan trip.  That's of the cliff divers.  My 2016 photos of that event weren't as good.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNrCsQuK1mkUZyDwxCfq_1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365183705

In 2016 when we got off the Westerdam, we were told there were many expats in Mazatlan who would be standing on the streets in blue shirts to help all the cruise passengers find their way.  They even had a blue line painted on the street from the cruise ship dock to the central business district.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYFBEGRLXG25YVszrZk6Eo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144770

Helpful expats00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdBS_xtUpi2o36Np0RM4DQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144784

The Teatro Angela Peralta

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZciAaXIvaKvUpnhaWq0oN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144819

The interior courtyard of the Teatro.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUI1wwUFd9T1XT43Kse9D7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146025

The stage00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWb7hY7rQJLctjacZDXrFZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146082

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLr-p3NIO1Zs3pNfAeQVr9F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146078

The town square00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk34MwPxPQ29H2Ke_vqLNa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144855

Many cruisers stopped along here to get a beer or some appetizers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDnUAer0Ps5lm0HuTN2Hq9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144878

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPIl9e7ZTd96FkwJFtcL-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144927

Wow!  It was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUOR3Nc9tKmrgO7bmaUGut?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144970

Just look up!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzTpt5uSKXFinoYwzfSvo8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144964

Amazing work on this altar00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItHUHaP_njUIejGbKmrLEK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145013

Close by was El Mercado where you could find just about anything - meat, produce, handicrafts, souvenirs, clothing, etc.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkVXFIgYlgMLIOCsFFyvgv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145098

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1X9PV2DYzME54jOme6qlz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSgansd4x2R5u4xsXmfeJZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145072

walking toward the shore we saw these colorful houses00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFr3JEeVgiwmCaHOW2FktX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJR0SMb_rrmoJfzOonXlHJL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145263

This is when we went to watch the cliff divers.  It was clouding up so we thought it might rain.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxVtgOpB4Nrp9sacQ4-uok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145751

As you can see we were in the wrong spot to see the diving perfectly.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrEfRYSK3QM0yqRXxvELRz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145845

Then we went into this restaurant the Shrimp Bucket for a beer.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfHTOGayWpjWLUCIIaOPVU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145278

The family next to us ordered this huge bowl of shrimp.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqdIw_BlPj1rwxqdUsIPT9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460123491

We turned around and headed back to the ship, walking past the square again where a group of dancers were entertaining the crowds.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_fnwacZ6BXfZ-7EdOTevS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145925

Back to the ship and a view of the town from the upper decks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZc8r03T1bLiwoLq25t1qU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146154

Amazing photos Sandi.

Your photos are always informative and help to get a feel of a place especially somewhere we have never been to.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

DD updated her Celebration tree for Thanksgiving.  The last edition of the tree was done 2 months ago and that was the Autumn tree.  The only decoration she used from the earlier tree to this one are the aqua pumpkins.  Everything else is new.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhavlziomDfcAoWcK6nqPn5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1667521992

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7bdabpW4CMa_si7p5MsFI5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1667521992

We won't see this tree in person because we will be on a BHB for Thanksgiving (God willing!).  Next month the tree will be decorated for the Christmas season.

DH and I are heading out shortly to pick up a couple items at Walmart, buy Christmas stamps for cards, perhaps drop off Absentee ballot requests for any runoff matches on Dec. 6, and get groceries.  I downloaded the Absentee ballot requests last night and they are filled in and ready to go. 

In Georgia, if the top vote getter doesn't have 50% of the votes, then the top two vote getters have a runoff 1 or 2 months later.  This time it will be Dec. 6 and we won't be home to vote that day, or even early vote for that election.  So we are asking for absentee ballots, however there is a good chance they won't get the ballot to our home by Nov. 18, our last day here before we leave for the cruise.  Every vote counts and we really want to get ours in if possible, though.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I made the mistake of signing out of CC midday yesterday amidst all of CC's issues and I've just been able to sign in again now. Frustrating...

So, FIRST, let me thank you all for your prayers, your kind words, your 💙 and your 🏆 yesterday. 

My DSIL is home, on high doses of oral blood thinners, and comfortable. Obviously, her metastatic melanoma, the jugular blood clot, the extreme level of blood thinners, and being age 90 make for a tenuous situation. 

She is back to not wanting her brother (my DH) to visit and her new health challenges are exacerbating his memory issues. Yesterday, he didn't really grasp her changed situation. And, late last night, I found him wandering our condo hours after he had gone to bed. He's not done that before, he wasn't sure why he was up, nor what he wanted, but he did return to bed willingly. I don't know whether this is a new change in our dementia journey or just a bump along the road. I'm hoping it was just his mind on overload... sigh

I've not tried to multi-quote your supportive words from yesterday, but I did try just now to catch each with a 🏆Thanks🏆. If I missed anyone, please accept my apologies.

And, thanks for your support,

-Melisa 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

Downward Facing daiquiri:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Watermelon Schnapps
1 part Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
splash of Lemon-Lime Soda
Watermelon Wedge
Mint Sprig
2 parts Sour Mix

Instructions
Blend with ice and serve. Garnish with a watermelon slice and a sprig of mint.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 9.40.57 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

I made the mistake of signing out of CC midday yesterday amidst all of CC's issues and I've just been able to sign in again now. Frustrating...

So, FIRST, let me thank you all for your prayers, your kind words, your 💙 and your 🏆 yesterday. 

My DSIL is home, on high doses of oral blood thinners, and comfortable. Obviously, her metastatic melanoma, the jugular blood clot, the extreme level of blood thinners, and being age 90 make for a tenuous situation. 

She is back to not wanting her brother (my DH) to visit and her new health challenges are exacerbating his memory issues. Yesterday, he didn't really grasp her changed situation. And, late last night, I found him wandering our condo hours after he had gone to bed. He's not done that before, he wasn't sure why he was up, nor what he wanted, but he did return to bed willingly. I don't know whether this is a new change in our dementia journey or just a bump along the road. I'm hoping it was just his mind on overload... sigh

I've not tried to multi-quote your supportive words from yesterday, but I did try just now to catch each with a 🏆Thanks🏆. If I missed anyone, please accept my apologies.

And, thanks for your support,

-Melisa 

Prayers for your DSIL, your DH and yourself.  This is quite a stressful time in all your lives.  Praying things improve for every one of you.🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1