What Do You Put On Your Cabin Door?

DWALL

Was on Cruise last month where people had so many Magnets they not only covered their Door but also filled spots between the Cabin Doors. Couple of them had 50-100each on Doors and hall walls... Magnets are fine just never use those Finger Jello looking ones that stick to any surface. Seen dozens Cabin Doors permanently stained with red/green Xmas Trees, Orange Pumpkins, red Hearts and brown Turkeys with multicolor feathers. This 6-7 yrs later, same stains on same ship doors

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have a magnet with the sailing and it says "Oh Ship! It's a Mother/Daughter Trip" since my mom and I are going to be sailing, and then some sea creatures with our names on them. I do the same with my husband on our cruises. It's fun, and honestly doesn't take up too much space. Plus I tend to go to the wrong door since I am EXCELLENT at memorizing the wrong number. I'm great at math, but numbers outside of math elude me for some reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was on Cruise last month where people had so many Magnets they not only covered their Door but also filled spots between the Cabin Doors. Couple of them had 50-100each on Doors and hall walls... Magnets are fine just never use those Finger Jello looking ones that stick to any surface. Seen dozens Cabin Doors permanently stained with red/green Xmas Trees, Orange Pumpkins, red Hearts and brown Turkeys with multicolor feathers. This 6-7 yrs later, same stains on same ship doors

Yes...Serenade !!

• Like 2

Just a whiteboard magnet, so we can leave notes to our friends and each other.  I usually write a 'Welcome to Cozumel' or 'Enjoy your sea day' on there, and get some fun replies.

The fact that it helps me locate my door a little faster is a side benefit.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are going to decorate the doors this time.  When we fly to florida we dont, when we drive down we do (since we dont have to worry about luggage and weight).  One time we decorated the door to look like a christmas gift.  Another we just put up happy holiday things.  I think we will get creative this time.

We have two kissing goldfish and a handful of bubbles, which our artist daughter made for us.  I laminated them (with free magnets from the pizza place on the back side).  We love 'em, and we've had positive comments from other cruisers.  

I'd be sad if someone stole them, but they aren't really "worth anything"; that is, I could replace them for the cost of a piece of poster board.  

We keep them in a manila envelope, which keeps them flat and takes up no space in the suitcase.  

Your sign is great -- but how will you hang it?  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

Cheap magnet fish.   I put one out for each day.   Also a picture of us from one of the ships, with homemade frame DH makes from scrap wood, with magnets on the back.  

Some pax like to rearrange the fish, and very rarely are they stolen (though I have walked down the hallway and retrieved them at times).

In December we hang a Christmas decoration from a magnet hook, plus a tiny stocking on magnet hook I keep stuffed with candy canes (very popular with the crew).  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pasodancer said:

The only way my DH can find our cabin is if I have something on the door......otherwise he would still be wandering around the halls looking for our cabin.  

LOL...when I take mine down on the last evening...same thing.  DH walks right past the door.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4