What Do You Put On Your Cabin Door?

DWALL

On 11/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, pasodancer said:

The only way my DH can find our cabin is if I have something on the door......otherwise he would still be wandering around the halls looking for our cabin.  

Understandable!  Seriously, though, when your cabin door looks just like all the other cabin doors in a long row, looking for those goldfish makes finding the cabin just a little bit easier.  

On our last cruise I saw a mother and son walking down the hall, and the toddler said, "Fish, then one, two, three!"  He touched each door as he counted -- I predict he will be a good student one day.  It made me happy.  

18 hours ago, SaCSCCruiser said:

People steal personalized signs? What on earth do they do with them?  I only assume they are personalized because the big wooden sign had names on it. 

Some people don't need a reason to do bad things.  

• Like 4

We always decorate our door.  We used to attach large island-style pictures that completely covered the door, then suround it by fish garland.  One time when we were able to get the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on a cruise, so we covered the door with a plastic cow-spots table cloth.  Now, we just post a couple of Cruise Critic signs and surround the door with the same fish garland we have used for years.  (And yes, it helps us and others find their cabins during the cruise.)

DSCN3882.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you ever see a wooden sign that says “Beach House”, that’s us.  We don’t own a beach house and choose to cruise instead but we think of our cabin as our beach house.  And it does help us find our room.

For Christmas I’m putting up a dollar store countdown to Christmas sign.

We will have a Lego Christmas tree in the room.  We are taking it in pieces since we’re flying and putting it together on the ship.  16 night S2S in 3 days!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

If you ever see a wooden sign that says “Beach House”, that’s us.  We don’t own a beach house and choose to cruise instead but we think of our cabin as our beach house.  And it does help us find our room.

For Christmas I’m putting up a dollar store countdown to Christmas sign.

We will have a Lego Christmas tree in the room.  We are taking it in pieces since we’re flying and putting it together on the ship.  16 night S2S in 3 days!

Have a great S2S!!!  Bon Voyage!🛳️2🛳️

I usually put some sort of decoration on the door.  On my last cruise I hung a lei on the door that a member of the entertainment staff had given me.  One couple walking by said thanks and that they used it as a landmark to find their cabin.  CTBob

Live and let live.  

Thank goodness we are not all alike.  😉  Let the people have their fun and move on.   There are worse problems in the world.   Imagine the world with only one flavor of ice cream.   😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8

We've decorated our door for every cruise. Our large magnets hold up a photo of all our critters (we raise show dogs, have a couple cats and a whisker of a racehorse - no children).    The large magnets were ordered on Vistaprint (prior to Etsy).

The year we sailed on Halloween and I made cute, holiday magnet decorations, they were all stolen from our door. 

vacation door magnets.jpg

• Like 2

It occurs to me that some people just can't stand it that others are enjoying themselves and having fun....pity!  People putting stuff on their cabin door is the last thing I would ever be annoyed by.  Not even on my radar.....

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 5

I can see the utility of this.   Previous job I used to stay in hotels 180-ish nights a year, mostly short trips.  I used to request rooms close to the elevator because after a long day of work I'd zone out walking down the hallway and 1/3 of the time pass my room.  If decorating hotel room doors were a thing, I'd have totally done it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RD64 said:

Can people not just remember there cabin number? How about nothing on the cabin doors? Is it necessary to make the corridors look like a tacky tourist shop? 

Of course we can, but it's fun to have something on your door.  

We sometimes "take the long way" just to see what people have put on their doors.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dwayneb236 said:

We put a dry erase board on our door. I encourage passersby to jot a little something down. Gets humorous. Has never been overly offensive.

OK, this is very unique and something I've never seen personally.  What kinds of things would passersby share?  

• Haha 1