Park Cafe changes on the Allure / Wipe Out Cafe

denamo

Just off of an Allure cruise.  There is no longer a menu listed above the ordering area.  If you want to order a sandwich, these are all pre-made and then heated.  The staff will point you to pre-made sandwiches in the case next to the soups as their "menu".  Asked if a sandwich didn't have to include an item and was told no, all pre-made and have to take them as is. 🙄 

Wipe Out Cafe now is an El Loco Fresh.  Was very good when we ate there for lunch one day after an excursion.  Miss they no longer offer breakfast here.  Really did enjoy ordering breakfast there and enjoying the ocean views.

See these changes as evidence of budget cuts. I know Royal will tell you this is to make service faster, but really think it's all about Royal cutbacks.

• Like 4

I was already aware wipe out cafe menu changed to fresh. To me that's a huge plus. I hated wipe out cafe food. We have been wondering why they dont change the name.

Sorry to hear the roast beef sandwiches in the cafe are no longer being made to order with the juice over them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I was already aware wipe out cafe menu changed to fresh. To me that's a huge plus. I hated wipe out cafe food. We have been wondering why they dont change the name.

Sorry to hear the roast beef sandwiches in the cafe are no longer being made to order with the juice over them. 

Sorry for the miscommunication....the roast beef is the only one still made to order.  It's all of the other ones they previously had listed on the wall menu such as a cuban sandwich.

Yes, like the El Loco Fresh menu better also.

Edited by denamo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We used to get the roast beef first thing every cruise but the quality has been going down hill.  After trying to eat one on Allure last month we decided no more.  It was nasty.

image.thumb.png.751831bcf9f34d7c461f940eda9954af.png

That looks like something the dog yakked up..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

That looks like something the dog yakked up..

We went to the CP cafe the 3rd of our October Oasis cruise and they were not ready at 12 PM.

It took them some 10 minutes to get the beef out and the related breads and gravy.  They did not trim any of the fat on the roast beef and our sandwiches were more fat than beef. Never went back to one of our favorite places for lunch.

By the way, this is the 3rd cruise where no chips available in CP cafe.  Speaking of cutting corners.

• Like 1

RIP Wipe Out Cafe Breakfast as it was a tradition for me.  It was great for grabbing a quick bite on the way to early sessions on the Flowrider without the bedlam of the WJ.  The made to order omelettes were a hidden gem.

I agree that the post-breakfast offerings in Wipe-out were crap, but El Loco Fresh isn't any better.  You basically go from school cafeteria quality cheeseburgers to school cafeteria quality tacos.  

I haven't been going to Park Cafe for the kummelfat sandwiches for awhile now. 

Sounds like they are doing their best to ruin the pre-amplification charm of Allure. 

• Like 2

We sailed Oasis in October, and now since Wipeout Cafe no longer, the only place to get a ready to order omelet is in the MDR.  Was able to get freshly made omelets in the WJ on our February Allure sail.

Ps.   Someone posted that Johnny Rockets no longer offers freshly made omelets.  

13 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Was able to get freshly made omelets in the WJ on our February Allure sail.

They are still making them on Harmony and Mariner. Mariner was even doing made to order eggs benedict when we were on her in August.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

We went to the CP cafe the 3rd of our October Oasis cruise and they were not ready at 12 PM.

It took them some 10 minutes to get the beef out and the related breads and gravy.  They did not trim any of the fat on the roast beef and our sandwiches were more fat than beef. Never went back to one of our favorite places for lunch.

By the way, this is the 3rd cruise where no chips available in CP cafe.  Speaking of cutting corners.

They definitely had chips in Park Cafe on the October 9th sailing of Oasis.  Beef was ready when they opened on boarding day too.  

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

yes El Loco fresh is one of the best new things on Oasis ships.