IOS App updated 8 hours ago.

cr8tiv1

Alert to all IOS users.  Medallion Class App was updated today December 6, 2022.  And, yup, you guessed it....total failure.  I was checking on an upcoming cruise.  

Can't link booking ("booking has already been claimed").

Three bookings that I had on hold have been cancelled.  (two by me/one that I just made final payment on).  

Could not get any further into app without "current booking number"

Deleted app/re-installed most current version.  Still nothing.

Lost:  Medallion order/Medallion Net payment/Dine My Way reservations/pre-paid gratuities (on the app).

Solution:  Live Chat.

His comments (after my rant which I apologized for):

"To be transparent, there are some glitch on the medallion application."

"Allow us 24-48 hours to fix this issue."

He did verify that "all was not lost" and would automatically  be recovered.  He could "see" my payments.  Reservation is still on my Personalizer.

I was able to confirm that my medallions for next year would be sent to me without a charge (won't hold my breathe).

Did you order Complimentary or Customized Medallion ?

Me: 5:08:41 PM

Complimentary

Angelo M. 5:09:12 PM

If you have ordered complimentary you will not be charged for shipping fee.

Will this nightmare ever end?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you for the warning…. I will not update.  Ugh.  

It was having problems before I updated the app.  But, the app didn't fix the issues.  Spoke to my daughter/son-in-law, both software developers....they recommend Princess find another provider.

• Like 5

It's no better on the android side.  I took a chance and updated the app.  Went from the green lane to blue lane.  The ocean wearable is now unchecked.  Selecting "Go To OceanReady" just returns a blank screen.

I have no apps that are remotely as weak and unrefined as this one.

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Solution:  Live Chat.

His comments (after my rant which I apologized for):

"To be transparent, there are some glitch on the medallion application."

Understatement of the year!

2 hours ago, azddave said:

Maybe that is why the App store shows an average user rating of 1 star out of 5 for this App.

• Like 1

I'm not opening my app for a few days, LOL  We are green lane for our April 1 cruise, so I really don't need to get into it right now.

I do have to say that I thought the app worked great on our Nov 19th cruise on the Enchanted.  It didn't seem to glitch on us at all.  I ordered drinks and received them promptly, made reservations, located hubby and SIL a few times, etc.  We were happy with the performance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It was having problems before I updated the app.  But, the app didn't fix the issues.  Spoke to my daughter/son-in-law, both software developers....they recommend Princess find another provider.

My TA has commented that the current software provider is owned by a relative of Mickey Arison...

Don't know if that's true but there it is ...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, azddave said:

It's no better on the android side.  I took a chance and updated the app.  Went from the green lane to blue lane.  The ocean wearable is now unchecked.  Selecting "Go To OceanReady" just returns a blank screen.

Same for me.  I'm not even going to worry about it.  I took a screenshot of my boarding group when I got it, and am not going to worry if it's still screwed up when I get to the pier.

This is such total incompetence, it's unreal.

• Like 1

I don't have a cruise on a Princess ship until October. No need to play with the app yet. Hopefullyy everything is fixed by then. 🤪

It would be nice if this new software update included facial recognition to sign in.

I updated mine last night and opened it up this morning.  All is well!

Last time I updated the app I did before boarding a flight the morning of the cruise.  We were put back into the Blue Lane and upon checking I saw that it wasn't recognizing the payment method we had assigned.  After deleting that and reentering all was well.  I alerted other folks on the roll call and it wasn't just me.  So yeah, just a little glitchy....

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I don't have a cruise on a Princess ship until October. No need to play with the app yet. Hopefullyy everything is fixed by then. 🤪

It's good to have hope, but between now and October they have time to fix many things and break many things. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today’s report.

Progress on Tablet:  they have the correct voyage listed.  Still unable to enter booking number (but voyage is listed….go figure. 

iPnone not updated with new version.  Still broken.  

“Tiz the season to be jolly, Fa La…..

Oh what follies I have to look forward to, Fa La …..”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Today’s report.

Progress on Tablet:  they have the correct voyage listed.  Still unable to enter booking number (but voyage is listed….go figure. 

iPnone not updated with new version.  Still broken.  

“Tiz the season to be jolly, Fa La…..

Oh what follies I have to look forward to, Fa La …..”

I tried twice to enter data some 6 months ago.  Called Princess and they entered everything for me.  In the Green lane.  Have an email with the code.

I swear it's so bad.  I logged out and back in and it shows my boarding group, but not in green lane anymore. 

It was also a reminder to me that I have different logins for the website and the app because they screwed up my login on the website. 

Unreal how bad their IT is.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I do have to say that I thought the app worked great on our Nov 19th cruise on the Enchanted.  It didn't seem to glitch on us at all.  I ordered drinks and received them promptly, made reservations, located hubby and SIL a few times, etc.  We were happy with the performance. 

The Princess/MC App has pretty much always been just fine, or great perhaps, when on a cruise.  It sucks bigtime in the pre-cruise environment.

• Like 2

@Thrak@Steelers36@ anyone.  Do you have the email address to Ocean Navigator?  I have it somewhere, but too lazy to look it up.

Agree, works 95% of the time "on the ship".  Terrible pre-cruise for set up.  ALWAYS at least one issue trying to get everything entered for cruise.  ALWAYS !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, azddave said:

Same issues for  me, but about 4 hours later, we were back in the green lane. 

35 minutes ago, candide333 said:

Same issues for  me, but about 4 hours later, we were back in the green lane. 

Did you do something?  I logged out and back in, force stopped the app and nothing.  Try to add my booking manually and it shows that I can't claim it.  I have my boarding group displaying, but will this thing let me do the health questionnaire 24 hours before the cruise? 

4 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I haven't cruised since 2019 so maybe I'm a little behind the times or don't remember.

What is green lane and blue lane?

It relates to levels of boarding preparedness. Here is a screenshot of a reply I recently did for another thread:

9A6D28B6-0670-4FFD-A3C1-D5A014C0CA03.thumb.jpeg.84bba06137b76ce9fca7980773bce006.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Thrak@Steelers36@ anyone.  Do you have the email address to Ocean Navigator?  I have it somewhere, but too lazy to look it up.

Agree, works 95% of the time "on the ship".  Terrible pre-cruise for set up.  ALWAYS at least one issue trying to get everything entered for cruise.  ALWAYS !

I believe both of these end up with the same team:

A360ad7@Carnival.com

AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Did you do something?  I logged out and back in, force stopped the app and nothing.  Try to add my booking manually and it shows that I can't claim it.  I have my boarding group displaying, but will this thing let me do the health questionnaire 24 hours before the cruise? 

No, I think Princess fixed the glitch. 

48 hours and counting.  Still won't allow me to enter my booking number.  Sent out an email to Ocean Navigator.  Will see how long that takes.

Got my voyage back.  

I knew @Steelers36 would come through for me.  As soon as I typed in the first letter, it popped up from my address memory.  

Not even going to try to update my sister.  Will wait until the last minute to complete her Medallion App.  She won't need much "fixing".

On 12/7/2022 at 3:32 AM, caribill said:

Understatement of the year!

Maybe that is why the App store shows an average user rating of 1 star out of 5 for this App.

In the old days, the princess chatters could bind that to a key ... one key press to insert into chat.

I am still amazed that the global innovators are able to pump that rating to 1.

Based on the results, they must spend more time pumping the rating than fixing bugs...

(for the pedants, one can still bind actions to a key.   On windows use something like AutoHotKey..)