LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Can’t answer everyone but the ship’s doctor was in error.  Said the elbow was ok other than sepsis and it is clearly fractured (they could tell from the ship’s x-ray) and did their own to be sure at the hospital,  need surgery and going around circles with insurance,  Wish Jose was here 😢 

Oh my gosh…you don’t need insurance issues when going through this.  Do you have a social worker or someone that can help you deal with this at the hospital?  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

Oh my gosh…you don’t need insurance issues when going through this.  Do you have a social worker or someone that can help you deal with this at the hospital?  

@kazuSorry to hear of your medical problems.  I know you miss Jose but know he is with you I spirit.  Sending good thoughts and prayers 🙏 your way for a quick recovery and safe journey home. 😥

• Like 4

@kazu  Jacqui -- We are truly sorry to read your news. We join so many on this forum sending you wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Sadly, we have no friends in the PVR area who could assist you. 

This is the link for Emergency Assistance at the Canadian Consulate: https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-assistance?_ga=2.41157794.1205380921.1673029232-1419141847.1673029232

Thank you for letting us know. So many hugs to you,

-Cat & David

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, kazu said:

Can’t answer everyone but the ship’s doctor was in error.  Said the elbow was ok other than sepsis and it is clearly fractured (they could tell from the ship’s x-ray) and did their own to be sure at the hospital,  need surgery and going around circles with insurance,  Wish Jose was here 😢 

Awww no.  I am so very sorry to hear this.  What a terrible thing to occur.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and relief from your pain.  💐

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks - no playing for Jacqui.

sadly this live thread is now dead.  I was medically disembarked In Puerto Vallarta because of the concern of 2 days at sea and sepsis.  I may have a story to tell down the road on medical disembarkations when it is not so difficult to type.

It’s especially hard pain wise and immobile arm wise with the angle in the hospital bed.  Not sure I will ever travel solo again

So sorry to hear this news about medical debarkation, the fracture and need for surgery. Prayers for a good outcome and good recovery. I'm sorry you are going through this alone. (((gentle hugs))).

• Like 5

I have such sympathy for you Kazu as I too was medically debarked from a Princess Ship many years ago (same port).  My advice is get home to your regular doctors and insurance as soon as you can.  I now limit my cruising to Cal coastals, Alaska and Hawaii so as not to end up,somewhere deep in the 3rd world where my insurance is no good..  Best wishes for your medical adventure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I am SO sorry to hear this, sending prayers for good treatment and a quick recovery! 

• Like 4

Kazu, That's a pretty serious error by the ship medical staff.  Wow, sorry you are having to go thru this.

I have so much enjoyed all of your posts and want to let you know that when we were recently in Barcelona we enjoyed a couple things because of your posts from Barcelona.  We enjoyed lunch at the tapas restaurant near your hotel and it was great, can't remember the name.  And toured the Palau Guell.  I hope you are soon on your way home.  Thank you for letting us cruise with you.  Cherie 

• Like 4

From one solo to another. We are brave to continue to do something that we loved to do with our late partners. They would not want us to give it up. Please continue to sail when you are better.  Would love to cross paths with you on one of our BHB.  

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, highscar said:

From one solo to another. We are brave to continue to do something that we loved to do with our late partners. They would not want us to give it up. Please continue to sail when you are better.  Would love to cross paths with you on one of our BHB.  

ditto

• Like 3