The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday December 20th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We won't have time to go caroling today, a definite yes on the sangria, and I didn't know who Sacagawea was.  

Well that was a rude awakening this morning - got up, turned on my cell phone and the computer and got notifications on both.  Apparently overnight someone decided it would be nice to use my credit card number online to the tune of $3700 at the walmart site.  ARGH.  I have no idea where it could have been compromised, as I use it for daily transactions, and it never leaves my hand when using it.  When it's in my purse, it resides in an RFID protected holder, so . . . .   Now it's been canceled and I'll have to rely on DH to use his for everything during our trip to Calgary.  

I know this is minor compared to the loss of life that Pauline's friend has experienced with the passing of her daughter, so please accept my condolences and prayers @grapau27.

@smitty34877I'm happy to hear you made it home safely - it's your turn to let others take care of you for a change . . . let them!!!

Yikes on the earthquake in California; that's frightening.

We're colder again this morning; it's -38C with the wind chill and I just heard on the radio that school buses aren't running today, so parents will be scrambling to find alternative rides for their kiddles.   I'm glad we don't have to go anywhere today - we'll be tidying up the house and making last minute preparations for our drive to Calgary tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I'd like today's wine if someone bought me a bottle, and would definitely take a pass on the drink of the day.  Because we're heading out on the road tomorrow, I don't want to have any leftovers, so it's looking like we'll be having breakfast for dinner tonight - scrambled eggs, ham and toast at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to all who are celebrating.  Be well, stay safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning! Rainy night and more on the way. Have an early dental cleaning appointment and DW told me I’m taking her out to dinner tonight! Terry I’m glad your surgery went well. Amazes me still how they send you home so fast after major surgery these days.

Like Redneck Bob I just don’t have much to say today other thanks for the Fleet Report and all your post. Have a great day and for many of you stay warm!

image.thumb.jpeg.c97249410774befdb420f19b737d06a9.jpegimage.jpeg.c974db263a022e609c9cf204ccf260de.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

4 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We won't have time to go caroling today, a definite yes on the sangria, and I didn't know who Sacagawea was.  

Well that was a rude awakening this morning - got up, turned on my cell phone and the computer and got notifications on both.  Apparently overnight someone decided it would be nice to use my credit card number online to the tune of $3700 at the walmart site.  ARGH.  I have no idea where it could have been compromised, as I use it for daily transactions, and it never leaves my hand when using it.  When it's in my purse, it resides in an RFID protected holder, so . . . .   Now it's been canceled and I'll have to rely on DH to use his for everything during our trip to Calgary.  

I know this is minor compared to the loss of life that Pauline's friend has experienced with the passing of her daughter, so please accept my condolences and prayers @grapau27.

@smitty34877I'm happy to hear you made it home safely - it's your turn to let others take care of you for a change . . . let them!!!

We're colder again this morning; it's -38C with the wind chill and I just heard on the radio that school buses aren't running today, so parents will be scrambling to find alternative rides for their kiddles.   I'm glad we don't have to go anywhere today - we'll be tidying up the house and making last minute preparations for our drive to Calgary tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I'd like today's wine if someone bought me a bottle, and would definitely take a pass on the drink of the day.  Because we're heading out on the road tomorrow, I don't want to have any leftovers, so it's looking like we'll be having breakfast for dinner tonight - scrambled eggs, ham and toast at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to all who are celebrating.  Be well, stay safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you for your kind words Gerry.

Wow that was a shock with your card and hopefully whoever was responsible is caught and their attempted theft is stopped and you are reimbursed by your card provider.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is Go Caroling Day, National Sangria Day, and Sacagawea Day

Meal Suggestion for today - Pork with Crispy Kale
Drink of the Day - Pumpkin Bourbon Cider
Wine of the Day - DuMOL 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) Napa
Destination of the Day - Sydney, Australia

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12/21

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 12/21

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana 08:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00

Oosterdam

Buenos Aires, Argentina 08:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay 09:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 15:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay eta 12/21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Tauranga (Rotorua), New Zealand 8:00 AM To 5:00 PM

Rich, not sure if it was intentional, but I just realized that there is no Quote today. It took me two cups of coffee to realize this. 😎

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

Good morning.  A beautiful morning here with sun, the first in 10 days, and 22 degrees.   Last minute packing and preparation for our trip.  I was successful getting the house cleaned yesterday all the while Stanley Steemer was cleaning the vents.  A good job for staying warm in a cold house with front door wide open and the furnace off.    

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports today.    I will pass on the cocktail and a kale dish.    The vino looks nice.  I have been on DuMol's mailing list for years but have never ordered their cab because it is priced at +$100.   I guess I should spend more time looking for wine online but Michigan has shipping laws that do not allow retailers to ship wine into the state.   Thanks for the pictures of Sydney Sandi!   

@smitty34877So happy to hear from you this morning and that you are home!   

@1ANGELCAT thank you for the cute photos on your "littles". 

@grapau27  Deepest sympathy for the loss of Pauline's friend's DD.  

My brother stayed in the rehab instead of going home and he may be released tomorrow or Thursday.   

We had wonderful news yesterday.   My DS's tabby cat got out in September and disappeared.   My sister was distraught and put up signs all over a 2 mile radius and used Facebook to try to get people looking.   Yesterday her DD got a call from someone saying they had a small tabby.   She went up to get a look and it was their cat.    She had no winter coat so she was living indoors somewhere.   It was about 1/2 mile away where she was located.   Maybe someone got the Christmas spirit and decided to give my DS her cat back.   It doesn't matter, my sister got the best Christmas present.   

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations list @rafinmd.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine and all on our care list.  

We begin our drive south tomorrow to avoid Winter Storm Elliot.   I may be absent tomorrow as we have a long drive after a late start.   Have a nice day!!!   Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone.

I love @0106 Tina's quote.  That is our modus operandi here on the Daily all year round.  

It is a cold day today here in mid-Michigan.  I'll be heading to the gym again today as there is still snow and some ice on the sidewalks.  I'll make a stop by the grocery store on the way home and I think I'll be ready for the holidays.  I'm still not sure how many I'll have for dinner, but I will have enough food and I've picked up a few more chairs in case we need them.  

We're still monitoring the weather for Sue's trek down to Midland.  It is only an hour or so, but the weather can still wreak havoc on a short trip.  We think her best bet is to leave right from work on Thursday.  She's hoping her last patient cancels.  That would get her on the road by 3:30, escaping the worst of the storm and letting her drive in daylight.

Today's meal is yummy!   A while back we had a meal with crispy kale and I tried that.  It is very easy to do.  You toss it in a bowl with a small amount of olive oil and the seasonings you like and then spread it out on a sheet pan and stick it in the oven.  I loved it. That is what turned me on to kale.  Now, I use a lot of it.  This first recipe didn't come with a picture, but I found one I thought would go nicely with the recipe.  https://www.familycookbookproject.com/recipe/3801788/default.asp

2144195027_porkwithcrispykale1.jpg.297466cd0cfb11590f0a4edb02c85173.jpg

This next one is pork and kale, but the kale isn't done to be crispy.  You can do it on a sheet pan to make it crispy.  https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/tuscan-style-roasted-pork-with-braised-kale-salsa-verde

1335877038_porkwithcrispykale2.jpg.547e392f8a9dd4b05408f4e852990b57.jpg

This next one does crisp the kale and then uses it to make a walnut pesto.  Sounds interesting.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/pork-chops-with-roasted-kale-and-walnut-pesto-recipe-2119954

1817277950_porkwithcrispykale3.jpeg.dd6180b328e03ed62318dbabca00f6de.jpeg

This next one breads the pork chops and makes a crispy sesame balsamic kale.  That sounds good to me.  https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/pork/breaded-pork-chops-with-crispy-sesame-and-basamic-kale

2040669721_porkwithcrispykale4.thumb.jpg.750613f36fd51aa1f76adb478ce4bc30.jpg

And the best of the bunch:  lots of great garlic, roasted potatoes, crispy kale, and a pork roast to feed the whole family all done in one pan.   https://www.bonappetit.com/story/one-pan-party-pork-roast

1862899089_porkwithcrispykale6.jpg.579b309c380b22a3984d100a16ae3e81.jpg

@smitty34877 So glad you are home and progressing.  Don't overdo it, but do get up and walk around a bit every hour or so.  

@StLouisCruisers I hope the surgeon is pleased with the healing of your daughter's foot.  

Warm wishes for everyone who is recovering or healing themselves or has family members who are doing so.  Hugs to Pauline for the loss of her friend's daughter.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

@grapau27Hug Pauline for me,  that is so sad for her friend.  

@smitty34877It sounds like you are doing well.  I cant believe you did stairs!

d3b4f494d29c5a02cffbca11e427286b.jpg

@ger_77I love breakfast for dinner, today I had dinner for breakfast.  Left over squash and a sausage patty.

Now in Atlanta the weather people are discussing snow flurries.  Flurries, unless there are lots of them do not make a white Christmas, but it helps.

Bubbles showed up in the middle of the night, the porch was closed for Fawn, but he found his way into his box, and snuggled in.  I found him when I went out with breakfast.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

@StLouisCruisersIt's the sweet tea, it gets in your system, and even though you only have it once in a blue moon, it changes your genetics, and you melt in the rain.  I had to stop drinking sweet tea years ago.  LOL.  You were sweet before you moved south.

Glad your daughter is doing well with the post foot surgery.  Have a safe trip up north.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisersYou are now officially a southern belle, if you think you will melt in the rain.

@1ANGELCAT your Christmas tree ornaments are lovely angels!

@RedneckBobSorry you are under the weather today.

9c1aa81d6ca2144137fbe3e71f42b7c4.jpg

Thanks but I am not under the weather. Just plum out of ideas. But don’t worry I got some new cruise stories from my recent cruise on the NS coming in a few days.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good Morning! Rainy night and more on the way. Have an early dental cleaning appointment and DW told me I’m taking her out to dinner tonight! Terry I’m glad your surgery went well. Amazes me still how they send you home so fast after major surgery these days.

Like Redneck Bob I just don’t have much to say today other thanks for the Fleet Report and all your post. Have a great day and for many of you stay warm!

image.thumb.jpeg.c97249410774befdb420f19b737d06a9.jpegimage.jpeg.c974db263a022e609c9cf204ccf260de.jpeg

I hope Santa will be wearing a hard hat to protect him/her/then/they from the falling iguanas. Did I cover all bases 😳. Thanks Aliaschief for giving me something to respond to today.

• Like 16
  • Haha 6

Prayers for all our posters who are experiencing sadness at this otherwise joyous time of year.  

Did everyone get their Seasons greetings from Holland America?  I especially liked Gus Antorcha's note ending in Proost!  Happy Halidays card celebrating the 150th anniversary.

A few more warm days here before a very cold (for us) Christmas weekend.  I can't imagine how cold our Canadian and northern friends are experiencing now.

Sydney, our location of the day, has long been on my bucket list.  We are excited to finally have it scheduled on our Noordam adventure this coming spring.  Final payment is Christmas Day!

Some warm Caribbean pics from last winter:

20220212_132812.jpg

20211117_110852.jpg

20220217_171314.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  Running very late with preparations for my physical this morning.  I love all 3 of today's days and Sydney is a great port.  Had a 3-day sojourn there in 20 between arriving on  Crystal Serenity and leaving on QM2.  I would probably take the port without the kale.  My alternative is Chilled Indian Lassi Soup, Chicken Breast with Prosciutto, Mozzarella, and Basil leaves, and Master Chef Sundae as served on MS  Prinsendam December 20, 2013.

Today’s care list:

smitty34877 recovering from hip replacement
pauline’s friend losing daughter
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
StLouisCruisers DD recovering from foot surgery
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Ottahand7 DB in rehab and trying to leave per-maturely

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Zaandam in Everglades

zdn1220.thumb.JPG.47deed185db2dfa9a381e96f29a8a2cf.JPG

Hannukah day3
smitty34877 at home doing well
HorizonChaser1957 temporarily in Fort Lauderdale
7 days for ottahand7 (Volendam 12/27 to 3/18/23)
2 days for Av8rix (Koningsdam 12/22 to 1/7/23)
2 days for richwmn {Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23)
SusieKIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/22) and Cruisin Terri (Insignia  to 12/28) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Kazu (Koningsdam  to 1/7/23 Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam  to 1/25/23), indaler (Volendam  to 3/18/23) and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's great to hear from Terry @smitty34877that she is fine and is doing as well as can be expected after such extensive surgery.  Enjoy being waited on for a while Terry!  Also very sorry for Pauline's friend's loss of family, especially her adult daughter.  Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily today.  Nice group of days to celebrate and yet another use of kale in a recipe.  Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the lists as well.  The Care list seems shorter but still sad to have one at all.  I am heading out later this morning to have my crown checked to be sure it is seated correctly since I had some problems early on, but couldn't go in just as I was leaving for our Amazon cruise.  Unfortunately it's raining some this morning, temp of 41F.  I hate going out in rain!  I guess I must consider myself sweet enough to melt or something.  😄

Today's port is Sydney, Australia and is a popular one.  Rich last posted it Sept. 27, 2021 and here is a link to that date for your convenience, posters.

We were lucky enough to see Sydney quite a few times on our trips down under.  In 2013 twice and four times in 2017 on our B2B2B2B cruises.  It's one of my favorite places on the planet to visit.  Here is an overview of the city's highlights.

Nov. 11, 2017.  Turnaround day so we were exploring.  That is not our ship (which was the Sun Princess).  We were docked at Darling Harbor and took a ferry over.  I believe the ship in the photo was a Carnival ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsz3RJRPxTCy7rbqcUmU3G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513616592

Here is a photo of us leaving Darling Harbor to sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, same day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_0cmSqucYF6qMT_C7NKh7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620074

Then the Sydney Opera House.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIO0yVjRPgpeGTFhdGYx9ep?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513616700

A ship at Circular Quay, downtown and the Opera House.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZ4ZWG5WADhPQtYFydX8lp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513616732

People climbing the Sydney Harbour bridge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIiYm-F0w03A2SvvfcpDHYF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513616613

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJx2TW06YWL7RunQ_fNiy_s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513616641

The ferry docks00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKU0BOWAZCl3Ctax63lVV17?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513616639

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDWaz7_HdCdkBSEWAfCqNw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620062

This photo was taken Dec. 3, 2013 while there on Diamond Princess.  Taken from a pylon on the Harbour Bridge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWzf3vzAyJDjemgPULLvMU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388704758

The pedestrian walk on the Harbour Bridge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzU5H_GIq0Ztj4fWgrG3pq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388704812

Looks like if you take this tour you might get wet!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFewxExul5bVAwhj4Sukvy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388704863

We ran into our friend Marion from Brisbane (CC friend) while walking towards the Opera House.  Several of my CC friends met us the day before when we got off the ship, to have a drink at a nearby cafe.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrGXHXedQ7kHZ7_ssThu8s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388704869

A closer view of the Opera House roof.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEJNJIyy9QeWoQZfe2AHOM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388704925

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSN12gURq2L61cxwbUOiJZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388704919

Have a good, productive day everyone!

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27,  I am so sorry  to hear of the passing of Pauline's  friends daughter.My condolences to all of you.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites! 

Graham I'm so sorry to hear of Pauline's friends DD. How tragic.

Terry I'm pleased you were able to tackle the stairs and pray for your continued recovery.

Prayers for the California earthquake victims, and those on board the flight to Hawaii yesterday. As well as dangerous forecast for them.

Roy I appreciate your tenacity on 2 of our Daily friends who went missing in July.

Dixie that is one heck of a recipe for the Daily cocktail.

We are headed to Half Moon Cay. The weather was lovely an hour ago but looks like clouds building.

Last night we had dinner in MDR. My lamb shank fell off the bone. Delicious. Allen said his prime rib was flavorful but chewy.

We took a big loss at Trivia last night. Not even sharing our score..

Have a blessed day.

1219221943_HDR.thumb.jpg.c582c67372073c5c769939610f4ec5df.jpg1219221514.thumb.jpg.430e045a0138877f0e2acf2eb7320067.jpg

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning.  A beautiful morning here with sun, the first in 10 days, and 22 degrees.   Last minute packing and preparation for our trip.  I was successful getting the house cleaned yesterday all the while Stanley Steemer was cleaning the vents.  A good job for staying warm in a cold house with front door wide open and the furnace off.    

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports today.    I will pass on the cocktail and a kale dish.    The vino looks nice.  I have been on DuMol's mailing list for years but have never ordered their cab because it is priced at +$100.   I guess I should spend more time looking for wine online but Michigan has shipping laws that do not allow retailers to ship wine into the state.   Thanks for the pictures of Sydney Sandi!   

My brother stayed in the rehab instead of going home and he may be released tomorrow or Thursday.   

We had wonderful news yesterday.   My DS's tabby cat got out in September and disappeared.   My sister was distraught and put up signs all over a 2 mile radius and used Facebook to try to get people looking.   Yesterday her DD got a call from someone saying they had a small tabby.   She went up to get a look and it was their cat.    She had no winter coat so she was living indoors somewhere.   It was about 1/2 mile away where she was located.   Maybe someone got the Christmas spirit and decided to give my DS her cat back.   It doesn't matter, my sister got the best Christmas present.   

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations list @rafinmd.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine and all on our care list.  

We begin our drive south tomorrow to avoid Winter Storm Elliot.   I may be absent tomorrow as we have a long drive after a late start.   Have a nice day!!!   Nancy 

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

I love @0106 Tina's quote.  That is our modus operandi here on the Daily all year round.  

It is a cold day today here in mid-Michigan.  I'll be heading to the gym again today as there is still snow and some ice on the sidewalks.  I'll make a stop by the grocery store on the way home and I think I'll be ready for the holidays.  I'm still not sure how many I'll have for dinner, but I will have enough food and I've picked up a few more chairs in case we need them.  

We're still monitoring the weather for Sue's trek down to Midland.  It is only an hour or so, but the weather can still wreak havoc on a short trip.  We think her best bet is to leave right from work on Thursday.  She's hoping her last patient cancels.  That would get her on the road by 3:30, escaping the worst of the storm and letting her drive in daylight.

Today's meal is yummy!   A while back we had a meal with crispy kale and I tried that.  It is very easy to do.  You toss it in a bowl with a small amount of olive oil and the seasonings you like and then spread it out on a sheet pan and stick it in the oven.  I loved it. That is what turned me on to kale.  Now, I use a lot of it.  This first recipe didn't come with a picture, but I found one I thought would go nicely with the recipe.  https://www.familycookbookproject.com/recipe/3801788/default.asp

2144195027_porkwithcrispykale1.jpg.297466cd0cfb11590f0a4edb02c85173.jpg

This next one is pork and kale, but the kale isn't done to be crispy.  You can do it on a sheet pan to make it crispy.  https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/tuscan-style-roasted-pork-with-braised-kale-salsa-verde

1335877038_porkwithcrispykale2.jpg.547e392f8a9dd4b05408f4e852990b57.jpg

This next one does crisp the kale and then uses it to make a walnut pesto.  Sounds interesting.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/pork-chops-with-roasted-kale-and-walnut-pesto-recipe-2119954

1817277950_porkwithcrispykale3.jpeg.dd6180b328e03ed62318dbabca00f6de.jpeg

This next one breads the pork chops and makes a crispy sesame balsamic kale.  That sounds good to me.  https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/pork/breaded-pork-chops-with-crispy-sesame-and-basamic-kale

2040669721_porkwithcrispykale4.thumb.jpg.750613f36fd51aa1f76adb478ce4bc30.jpg

And the best of the bunch:  lots of great garlic, roasted potatoes, crispy kale, and a pork roast to feed the whole family all done in one pan.   https://www.bonappetit.com/story/one-pan-party-pork-roast

1862899089_porkwithcrispykale6.jpg.579b309c380b22a3984d100a16ae3e81.jpg

@smitty34877 So glad you are home and progressing.  Don't overdo it, but do get up and walk around a bit every hour or so.  

@StLouisCruisers I hope the surgeon is pleased with the healing of your daughter's foot.  

Warm wishes for everyone who is recovering or healing themselves or has family members who are doing so.  Hugs to Pauline for the loss of her friend's daughter.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27Hug Pauline for me,  that is so sad for her friend.  

@smitty34877It sounds like you are doing well.  I cant believe you did stairs!

d3b4f494d29c5a02cffbca11e427286b.jpg

@ger_77I love breakfast for dinner, today I had dinner for breakfast.  Left over squash and a sausage patty.

Now in Atlanta the weather people are discussing snow flurries.  Flurries, unless there are lots of them do not make a white Christmas, but it helps.

Bubbles showed up in the middle of the night, the porch was closed for Fawn, but he found his way into his box, and snuggled in.  I found him when I went out with breakfast.

Pauline asked me to pass on her love and thanks to you all for all your kind words.xx

• Like 14

Good morning all,

Not much exciting on the agenda today. Just a trip to the market, Costco and more work on the scanning project. I found 3 more boxes of goodies in the attic and pulled another large stack of photos from them before sorting and tossing most of the rest. 

Before I head out shopping, I need a consult with our Wine Advisory Board please.  We’re invited to our cousins for Christmas, and they asked me to bring wine. I’m planning on Daou’s Cabernet S. and possibly 19 Crimes Uprising ( to introduce them to our current favorite) but I need a white also. I’m not into white wines, and not sure what is on the menu…. So-

May I get a few suggestions on a white that is likely to please? I’m looking to spend $15- $25.  Thanks!

@smitty34877 Wow, you are home, up and doing stairs! Amazing. When I was a student, hip replacement involved a stay in rehab. We used to have to get the whole team to help turn total hip patients on ortho. praying things continue to mend quickly.

@aliaschief Sending hugs to you both as you go through a hard day.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Rich, not sure if it was intentional, but I just realized that there is no Quote today. It took me two cups of coffee to realize this. 😎

I knew something was missing, just didn't realize what.

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Glad kitty was found. it does happen. This is why tell people to get their pets microchipped. It at least improves the chances of the a pet being returned.

• Like 15