Captains Club Happy Hour Day 1 - yes, no?

LMaxwell

48 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Could have sworn the benefits page used to exclude Day 1; has that been done away with? Date on updated version is October.  Anyone onboard from October-current that can let me know? 

image.png.218d00ea2d8121b7a784d7eaff9aa952.png

If you go to the detailed list of all benefits you will see the notation that embarkation is not included.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/updated-captains-club-brochure-v6.pdf

So we will be new to the Elite status on our next cruise. We always got the drink package but it is crazy now in price. We do early dining, will I be able to order a glass of wine in the dining room or will we be having to run out all thru dinner to get a glass of wine??

I had no problem ordering CC HH drinks in the dining room recently; I didn't know it was excluded<?>, but that no Day 1 rule is absurd since it's not in Michael's Club anymore and covers every (most) bars onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

I had no problem ordering CC HH drinks in the dining room recently; I didn't know it was excluded<?>, but that no Day 1 rule is absurd since it's not in Michael's Club anymore and covers every (most) bars onboard. 

Just to be clear if that happened then it was the fault of the server not charging you for the drink and it definitely isn't the policy. 

33 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just to be clear if that happened then it was the fault of the server not charging you for the drink and it definitely isn't the policy. 

Really?  Can you show me? Our servers on Equinox offered that we could redeem CC HH through them and did so every night for us. I know World Bar is excluded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Really?  Can you show me? Our servers on Equinox offered that we could redeem CC HH through them and did so every night for us. I know World Bar is excluded. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/updated-captains-club-brochure-v6.pdf

As you can see it does not state you can get it at restaurants and/or dining rooms. It's been like that for DECADES.

32 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Good for you, this is what I call great customer service!

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

As you can see it does not state you can get it at restaurants and/or dining rooms. It's been like that for DECADES.

It doesn't say anything about the restaurants at all.

I certainly didn't twist anyones arm to serve us in the MDR if that's what you are asking. We had drinks when we walked in, the servers asked if we wanted replenishment, we told them they were CC HH drinks and they said no problem; had drinks waiting for us at table each evening after that. Yes, that IS great service.   

I'm not sure I can agree with you though that CC HH is not applicable to restaurants, at least not based on the information you posted. If you find some other documentation that specifically states that please post it and I'll save in my current file of policies for each cruise line.  I maintain folder of up to date policies as we cruise several lines and these things are always changing 

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

It doesn't say anything about the restaurants at all.

I certainly didn't twist anyones arm to serve us in the MDR if that's what you are asking. We had drinks when we walked in, the servers asked if we wanted replenishment, we told them they were CC HH drinks and they said no problem; had drinks waiting for us at table each evening after that. Yes, that IS great service.   

I'm not sure I can agree with you though that CC HH is not applicable to restaurants, at least not based on the information you posted. If you find some other documentation that specifically states that please post it and I'll save in my current file of policies for each cruise line.  I maintain folder of up to date policies as we cruise several lines and these things are always changing 

That is good information I assumed we could not use CC happy hour in the dining room. we will be on the edge next March and we were going to book our dinner reservations around happy hour. It would be nice to know if we wanted to go to dinner a little bit earlier we could and still enjoy our wine! 

Edited by sdnich
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t base future reservations on this one example of getting the happy hour drinks in the dining room. Whether it was an inexperienced server? Or a waiter who didn’t know the policy? Or just didn’t care? I don’t think you’ll be able to get a happy hour drink in the dining room as a general matter of course .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @LMaxwell for making some of us to think out of the box. I never tried to use our CC HH drinks in the MDR. We have for years had the CBP. We'll be on the Apex in March (also have AI with the CBP) but I'm going to ask out of curiosity. Another thought is it may not be recognized fleetwide (?). I remember when RC started allowing the CAS HH drinks in the MDR it wasn't fleetwide. It is now fleetwide. 

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I wouldn’t base future reservations on this one example of getting the happy hour drinks in the dining room. Whether it was an inexperienced server? Or a waiter who didn’t know the policy? Or just didn’t care? I don’t think you’ll be able to get a happy hour drink in the dining room as a general matter of course .

I wouldn't base reservations on a daily perk in general, I like being up to date on policies; but why are you under the impression that the dining room does not count?  

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

I wouldn't base reservations on a daily perk in general, I like being up to date on policies; but why are you under the impression that the dining room does not count?  

As I said, that's been the policy for decades. 

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

As I said, that's been the policy for decades. 

Nothing on the benefits grid excludes restaurants. You must have read it somewhere I believe, but I need to see it to accept it as actual policy and not just your own experiences. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Nothing on the benefits grid excludes restaurants. You must have read it somewhere I believe, but I need to see it to accept it as actual policy and not just your own experiences. 

Is THIS good enough for you? From the 10/26 sailing of the Beyond, so on a RECENT sailing of the FLAGSHIP.🙄

PXL_20221221_181608156_2.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Is THIS good enough for you? From the 10/26 sailing of the Beyond, so on a RECENT sailing of the FLAGSHIP.🙄

Sure, and I appreciate it. I'll add it to my current file. Not sure why you feel licensed to deliver attitude though. You were asked several times to provide proof, and while I believed you had read it, you kept posting without sharing any printed proof.  I'm not your doormat or punching bag.

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Not sure why you can’t say “thanks, I see that I was wrong” but whatever….🥹

I said thanks. 

I wasn't wrong. 

Other guy has a massive attitude and anger problem. He could have posted the proof first without attempting to incite an argument. I don't see what you gained license to be flippant or rude as well. 

I participate on CC to be up to date on policies, see my initial posting and question. The bullying and badgering by some of the regulars is insane. 

Edited by LMaxwell