from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

4 hours ago, ChC said:

I know I might be getting ahead of myself, but the whole thing smells like bring Celebrity way of thinking into RCL way of loyalty. For example, Celebrity awards loyalty based on spending (extra points for more expensive Balcony cabins, then even more for each category of suites).

Given the rest of the travel industry and Celebrity loyalty programs, this (points based on spend) has probably been considered by RCI for years and probably anticipated by some here for almost as long.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Given the rest of the travel industry and Celebrity loyalty programs, this (points based on spend) has probably been considered by RCI for years and probably anticipated by some here for almost as long.

That one guy who posted about not feeling rewarded after 1 big family cruise per year would be happy. Bargain shopping cruisers, not so much.

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

That one guy who posted about not feeling rewarded after 1 big family cruise per year would be happy. Bargain shopping cruisers, not so much.

If it's going to happen it's unlikely it will be a direct $/points system like the airlines - more likely like Celebrity in tiers per cabin type booked.

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The devil will be in the details.  However, over the many years that I have been a C&A member, the benefits have vastly improved over the years rather than debased.

Hoping for the best in the New Year.

Best C&A change for us...the vouchers.  Actually met the lady officer on our recent Wonder Med/TA cruise who came up with that idea. 

She lobbied to make that change happen, and then did the follow up.   

Very nice...and very smart lady.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Best C&A change for us...the vouchers.  Actually met the lady officer on our recent Wonder Med/TA cruise who came up with that idea. 

She lobbied to make that change happen, and then did the follow up.   

Very nice...and very smart lady.  

On 12/27/2022 at 3:15 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

No 4 free drinks and coupons?

The question was about the  pre selected welcome gift.  For D it is  a bottle of water or can of soda.   More options  for  higher C&A  levels. 

Different from  the  4 daily  diamond drink vouchers. 

M

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChC said:

The only problem I see is that not all ships implemented the Sea, Sky and Star concept yet.

Don't worry, the several threads which will come if/when this happens, posters will have a lot more than just suite classes to argue about.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChC said:

I am sure you are right about the anticipation by 'old timers' of the forum.

What I am trying to say here, was that, I felt the changing is finally coming in the corner. If it is going to change, it will be this round. With the suite class being divided into Sea, Sky and Star classes for few years now, I think RCL is ready for the anticipated change next year. The only problem I see is that not all ships implemented the Sea, Sky and Star concept yet. So some details is unknown. That is it.

You think so, but this is a small population and it's de minimis to the overall C&A program.

47 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The question was about the  pre selected welcome gift.  For D it is  a bottle of water or can of soda.   More options  for  higher C&A  levels. 

Different from  the  4 daily  diamond drink vouchers. 

M

Yup, and is exactly what I posted.  Great minds think alike.  😉 

1 hour ago, ChC said:

What I am trying to say here, was that, I felt the changing is finally coming in the corner. If it is going to change, it will be this round. With the suite class being divided into Sea, Sky and Star classes for few years now, I think RCL is ready for the anticipated change next year. The only problem I see is that not all ships implemented the Sea, Sky and Star concept yet. So some details is unknown. That is it.

The split of Sea/Sky/Star is actually just for ships that have a Coastal Kitchen.  

On 12/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, Biker19 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with this considering the price gap between full suite and non-suites on all ships. It gets even crazier between Sea, Sky, and Star. 

On 12/29/2022 at 11:07 AM, ChC said:

13 minutes ago, Big_G said:

I wouldn't have a problem with this considering the price gap between full suite and non-suites on all ships. It gets even crazier between Sea, Sky, and Star. 

I would not be opposed to this. Suite prices have gone through the roof. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

According to the LA on board, there was supposed to be a conference call yesterday between the LA’s and Miami to go over the new amenities program. Haven’t had a chance to stop down and ask her what is changing yet. She did say that they were changing suppliers on some of the existing amenities when we talked to her last week.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/29/2022 at 5:11 AM, ChC said:

And would RCL just copy everything Celebrity does? 

I know one thing that C

On 12/29/2022 at 5:11 AM, ChC said:

If you pay attention to paragraph 3, which I found the most interesting, is that the C&A will hold online webinar for members.

This, is definitely a CELEBRITY cruise thing. Celebrity has held online webinar constantly last 2 years (full closure: I don't know if they held any prior, as I was not a member then). What Celebrity did very interestingly, was to award Power Up points for attending, then every 10 Power Up points could be converted to one what I would call 'cruise loyalty member status point'. So I got 13 celebrity cruise member points without ever cruised with them once! (that is equal to cruise on Celebrity for 13 nights in an inside/oceanview cabin). 

I know I might be getting ahead of myself, but the whole thing smells like bring Celebrity way of thinking into RCL way of loyalty. For example, Celebrity awards loyalty based on spending (extra points for more expensive Balcony cabins, then even more for each category of suites). Celebrity also emphasis on member interactions (webinar) and awards points for it. When you think it should be RCL doing this, as Celebrity is more for mature crowd and RCL has more younger cruises in general.

What would change? And would RCL just copy everything Celebrity does? I don't know, and I am not going to make any predictions. But, in my humble opinion, the emphasis for me, is not what new onboard amenities would be next year. The emphasis is what this email did not tell us. I have received enough airlines and cruise loyalty communication in last 2 decades to smell the coffee. When an email like this (a carrot before a stick) comes out with some 'exciting new features' always end up 'exciting old features' being taken away 6 month later, or a complete new loyalty program (thinking the dynamic pricing of hotels, the skypeso of Delta airlines, and the now American Airlines loyalty points inflation...). 

I am not a doom say-er neither. But this email definitely makes me nervous. Some changes might be good for everyone, but some changes will be bad for some. It used to be every 10 years a loyalty program would have a revamp. Now it is almost every 3-5 years a big change will be implemented. 

Finally, I want to emphasis that I am not overly negative about possible changes, to earn points on webinar like Celebrity did is a good thing. I could not care less about the impact of possible changes. What I am trying to say here is I felt some big changes are coming, maybe more Celebrity way of loyalty would be implemented in RCL. Coupled with this, there would be a big change coming to the RCL C&A program in near future. Let us be aware, but not get into heated discussion.   

One item that Celebrity copied from Royal, they began charging for room service at $9.95 +

20% grats.  Continental breakfast is still gratis.

On 12/23/2022 at 1:08 AM, NateUpNorth said:

No offense, and with respect and sincerity..... "20 night b2b in a JS" is not your typical RCL passenger. 

I'm just giving the perspective of the slow and steady once a year cruiser. Which I suspect is the majority of the clientele.

It took us a while to get to Diamond too. No double points due suite or promotion. Just one night, one point. One or two cruises a year. If you can do 10 to 14 night cruises it does help as only one lot of travelling costs. The transatlantic were the best deals, one transatlantic was £47pppn for a balcony about 5 years ago. But we got to Diamond eventually and enjoyed the ride getting there

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Crazy you can't just do it online.

We used to be able to do it years ago.   When they changed the website, it was one of the casualties.  

Key terms:   "New...Enhanced...Improved"....code words for cost cutting.  😉 

• Haha 1

Word is...

Emerald and Platinum: one free glass of tap water

Diamond: Two cookies

Diamond Plus: Three cookies

Diamond Plus 340: Six cookies (But they are weeks old)

Diamond Plus 525: Three cookies and one slice of pizza(Cheese only)

Pinnacle: Four bottles of  waters, a key chain and no cookies

Dreaming of an announcement soon.

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Word is...

Emerald and Platinum: one free glass of tap water

Diamond: Two cookies

Diamond Plus: Three cookies

Diamond Plus 340: Six cookies (But they are weeks old)

Diamond Plus 525: Three cookies and one slice of pizza(Cheese only)

Pinnacle: Four bottles of  waters, a key chain and no cookies

Dreaming of an announcement soon.

Think I’ll book a solo JS for about 30 days so I can get that slice of pizza! WooHoo!

Not too happy losing three cookies though 😔.

mac_tlc