richwmn Goes around the world in a daze

richwmn

I suppose the Holiday Cruise actually ends at 9:30am tomorrow when the continuing guests have to meet at the Main Stage for the required Zero Count for Fort Lauderdale. The letter states that the procedure will take 30 – 45 minutes, but that assumes that everyone co-operates. I have seen or heard that between 135 and 150 guests are aboard and continuing on the the World Cruise. It also appears that a small number, maybe less than 10, tested positive for Covid this morning and are being quarantined in their cabins for the next 5 or 10 days (I’m not sure which).

Trivia at 4:00 was general knowledge and we really didn’t do well. I did a little bit better with Nautical Trivia at 6:30 but didn’t come close to winning. A couple of sample questions from this evening:

1) How many feet in a fathom?

2) What D word is the nautical term for Sea Anchor?

3) What vessel measured 300 cubits X 50 cubits X 30 cubits?

4) What liquid was originally used to Christen a ship?

All in all it has been an enjoyable 12 days, and I’m looking forward to the next 128.

I just received the following instructions concerning the next few days.

Due to the specific itinerary and length of our upcoming Grand World Voyange, out of an abundance of caution, we will be requiring guests on board to wear face masks while indoors until Saturday, January 7th.

As a further protective measure, we will also be conducting a round of self-testing using self-administered COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests on Friday, January 6th. Once we receive those results we will update guests on if we need to continue our masking protocols.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

I just got a call from the front desk asking me why I hadn't changed cabins. It appears I have been upgraded to a verandah for the World, but nobody told me. So now I have to do a quick cabin change.

• Like 52
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, richwmn said:

I just got a call from the front desk asking me why I hadn't changed cabins. It appears I have been upgraded to a verandah for the World, but nobody told me. So now I have to do a quick cabin change.

Wow!  You must have been saying Rabbit, Rabbit all day on Sunday and it paid off!

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Yippee!!!  Wow Rich, that's great!  Bon Voyage!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Oh my, what wonderful news!  Congratulations on the upgrade, and bon voyage for the world cruise!

L.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, richwmn said:

That’s fantastic!  Enjoy your verandah. 

• Like 6