What is exclusive top tier even, Anchor and Crown, Gold

JOHN 57

11 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Looking at anchor and crown plus and it mentions exclusive top tier even, we are on Adventure of Seas, sailing 14 January, and we are gold anchor and crown.  We are listed as 13 anchor and crown gold, thank you.

Top Tier event is everyone who is Platinum and up.

Keep cruising..........you'll get there soon.  🙂 

• Like 1

They've sadly gone downhill big time. Used to be a fancy do with a ton of officers, canapés and roving waiters with a variety of free drinks. Definitely worth attending back in those days.

We usually still go, not least because the programme perks are pretty decent and we feel we are showing our appreciation by attending, but we have adjusted our expectations accordingly.

• Like 7

It's really bad sparkling wine, so be sure to get the mimosa instead.  🙂  

The captain and top officers come out, tell you the stats for your voyage: how many passengers, how many C&A members, including how many diamond, diamond+,  and pinnacles are on board.  The top points people get recognized, as well as any new pinnacles or those reaching a milestone number of points.

They will give you updates about their ship, or RCI's plans, or new ships and itineraries.

On Voyager last summer, the captain started something new by bringing out regular crew members being recognized for achievement or longevity.  A couple of them definitely had a deer in the headlights look about them. One was a butcher who had been with RCI for 10 years. I don't know if any other ship does this, but it was nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Years ago, didn't they have an event that Gold is included? 

Repeaters Party. ☺️ Which became Welcome Back Party, which eventually became Top Tier Party. Sorry, Event. 

Edited by Coralc

12 hours ago, flamingos said:

On Voyager last summer, the captain started something new by bringing out regular crew members being recognized for achievement or longevity.  A couple of them definitely had a deer in the headlights look about them. One was a butcher who had been with RCI for 10 years. I don't know if any other ship does this, but it was nice.

I haven't seen this but I agree that it sounds like a nice thing to do.

On Vision and Brilliance they bought on a crew member who had amazing voices .
The young guy in Brilliance was from Zimbabwe and worked in the jewellery shop. He was awesome and they later announced they had forwarded a recording of him singing to the Entertainment department to see if he could move to the entertainment team …  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Top Tier event is everyone who is Platinum and up.

Keep cruising..........you'll get there soon.  🙂 

That’s right!

Edited by Tatka

38 minutes ago, George C said:

I think I only went to one when we made diamond that was a decade or so ago.

We go from time to time.

Problem is very often they schedule it at 10-11 AM on the first sea day. I don’t want to change from pool clothes to something else to go. 

38 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We go from time to time.

Problem is very often they schedule it at 10-11 AM on the first sea day. I don’t want to change from pool clothes to something else to go. 

No need to change.  Put on your coverup/shorts  and attend.  On some ships  it has been held outside at the Aquatheater. 

Last cruise it was held at 5PM in one of the lounges.  Passengers were happy to have a  pre dinner drink (Mimosa) and not  use a voucher.

M

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No need to change.  Put on your coverup/shorts  and attend.  On some ships  it has been held outside at the Aquatheater. 

Last cruise it was held at 5PM in one of the lounges.  Passengers were happy to have a  pre dinner drink (Mimosa) and not  use a voucher.

M

thank you

On 12/24/2022 at 1:31 PM, JOHN 57 said:

Looking at anchor and crown plus and it mentions exclusive top tier even, we are on Adventure of Seas, sailing 14 January, and we are gold anchor and crown.  We are listed as 13 anchor and crown gold, thank you.

It is a sales pitch for new ships, a little entertainment, and some free drinks.  However, Gold is the bottom of the tiers, and it's something you won;t be able to go to, without an invitation.