🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

I wish I could make several of these work but it's unlikely. The one I really wanted to do is completely off-limits because it clashes with FIL's 100th birthday, which he is absolutely going to make!

Guess I need to hope for a repeat, like @jacobtsf. Fingers, legs and eyes crossed!

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

You did get some good perks on your whole world cruise,   though yes, I would be annoyed if the difference is that great 

Not enough to offset the huge difference

Crazy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently the individual segments are priced out at about half of the full cruise price.

Annoying

Even with the perks you are getting factored in by going on the full cruise? it's cheaper to book the individual?

If  cheaper I know what I would be doing this morning booking B2B cruises 17 times if that is really the way it is.  I mean who cares if you have to move cabins 17 times.  Wouldn't be an issue for us.

Plain and simple that sucks ! you having to pay twice as much as everyone else taking the shorter segments. I would be canceling and just booking segments.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 6:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

Maintenance will be ongoing up until we sail.

Heck, the ship arrives from a 5 day trip on our departure date😉

Before that she's doing Panama Canal cruises.

Screenshot_20230201-185116_Chrome.thumb.jpg.daad4670b955c448a4119bd0ef777ca8.jpg

A few days in November without passengers between Boston and Miami, I guess

We are doing the two Panama Canal cruises B2B right before you depart, and expect both of those to be a combination of "spring training" and finishing up the refurb so everything is spic and span for your first leg. We looked at doing the 5-nighter as well, but that ended up being one too many cabin changes for us. We will try to do a blow-by-blow description of any ongoing maintenance or other preparatory surprises that we see over the course of those four weeks. I expect that most of the "heavy lifting" will be done when she deadheads down to Miami before we board.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) has been tweaked on board since we sailed her in February.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I priced two of these individual cruises yesterday for June/July next year.  I would have to cancel two of my already booked cruises (with refundable deposits) to pay for the two on the Serenade.  BUT, I would "lose" 16-17 cruise days by doing so.  

I've got the Serenade cruises on my watchlist to check prices.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, pcur said:

I priced two of these individual cruises yesterday for June/July next year.  I would have to cancel two of my already booked cruises (with refundable deposits) to pay for the two on the Serenade.  BUT, I would "lose" 16-17 cruise days by doing so.  

If you do...welcome!   I jump ship in LA, then back on again in Barcelona July 10th until the end.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcur said:

Don't wait to long, balconies gone now

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Even with the perks you are getting factored in by going on the full cruise? it's cheaper to book the individual?

If  cheaper I know what I would be doing this morning booking B2B cruises 17 times if that is really the way it is.  I mean who cares if you have to move cabins 17 times.  Wouldn't be an issue for us.

Plain and simple that sucks ! you having to pay twice as much as everyone else taking the shorter segments. I would be canceling and just booking segments.

Weighing my options

Need to create a massive spreadsheet 

Thete are a ton of variables to assess

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 8:37 AM, Jimbo said:

Was mostly commenting on the (heat) on this portion of your cruises

Venice - Rome, June 20 - Jul 1

Rome - Barcelona, July 1 - July 10

Barcelona - Southampton, July 10 - July 26

I do know though where we hope  to be  in May 30th  2024 on Jewel of the Seas

12 Nights from Amsterdam Norway cruise followed by Celebrity Equinox: 9-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona to Rome on June 13th 2024.

We were booked on b2b Jewel Norway & British Isles cruises in May/June 2024. Today I cancelled the May 30 Norway cruise and booked the May 27 Serenade segment from Athens to Istanbul - in an inside gty. The itinerary and price are great, and I'm just happy to be able to travel for a month.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

We were booked on b2b Jewel Norway & British Isles cruises in May/June 2024. Today I cancelled the May 30 Norway cruise and booked the May 27 Serenade segment from Athens to Istanbul - in an inside gty. The itinerary and price are great, and I'm just happy to be able to travel for a month.

We were really lucky last night and snagged the same mid-ship balcony for the two legs from Buenos Aires to LA.  Just sailed Infinity from Valpariso arriving in Rio tomorrow.  Absolutely loved it and can’t wait to come back!  Lots of additional Ports and Antartica! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We were really lucky last night and snagged the same mid-ship balcony for the two legs from Buenos Aires to LA.  Just sailed Infinity from Valpariso arriving in Rio tomorrow.  Absolutely loved it and can’t wait to come back!  Lots of additional Ports and Antartica! 

You were lucky, the available balconies all dissapeared this morning

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Weighing my options

Need to create a massive spreadsheet 

There are a ton of variables to assess

Sounds like a tremendous amount of money that could be saved. I might head over to your roll call and see how others feel but I have a feeling it isn't going pretty over there about now.

It's a shame to see what Royal is doing to all the the people who booked the full cruise months ago.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I know it must not be easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You were lucky, the available balconies all dissapeared this morning

Something is fishy that all the balconies for all the broken down legs of the world cruise disappeared within an hour this morning.  I was ready to book, confirmed with my sister, came back an hour later and they were all gone??

Searched my second choice leg to secure a balcony and they were all "gone" as well.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:13 AM, pcur said:

If the prices you are checking go down any more you will see people that booked the total WC jumping off the ship is disgust who booked at the super high prices. 😉

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't wait to long, balconies gone now

Strange all the balconies have gone for all cruises. Wonder if they've just closed them out. Quite excited about this. Price works out around £100 pppn give or take, including port fees and gratuities for ocean view, not brilliant for a small ship, but some unusual and interesting ports. Now to decide which sectors 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So we officially booked 2 segments of this cruise!  I wasn’t sure hubby would go for it but he’s more excited than me…..if that’s possible! 

Which ones have you gone for ?

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So we officially booked 2 segments of this cruise!  I wasn’t sure hubby would go for it but he’s more excited than me…..if that’s possible! 

Did you get the 10% discount

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If the prices you are checking go down any more you will see people that booked the total WC jumping off the ship is disgust who booked at the super high prices. 😉

They're already disgusted

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Venice to Rome and Rome to Barcelona 

Wow , that's a lot of ports in 20 days! Outside Cabin for about $6000 total for 2 persons, that is  a sweet deal.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1