The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 31st, 2023

StLouisCruisers

How nice to get some good news today, about Sarah, the donation from HAL for the Ukraine, and various travels.  Hope Jacqui will also have some good news today..  And I hope Roy improves quickly and is allowed to go home.  I imagine that will help the bowels.  Drugs can do so much harm...

I don't seep much, I seem to be alright most of the time, sometimes I need a nap.  Now Pat can sleep standing up, I don't know how he does it!  Men seem to have completely different sleep mechanisms.  

We are planning to start our diet and also "Dry February" tomorrow , as we missed doing it in January, our usual routine. And at least February will be a little bit shorter!  I spent over $250 at the grocery store today, getting ready.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Rabbits, rabbits, white rabbits on this Wednesday the first day of February.

@StLouisCruisers thank you for posting the Holland America Line Fleet locations, the "Daily" and the Care and Celebration Lists.  Also thanks to  you and @Quartzsite Cruiser for such terrific Multiquoting today, a good example to us all.  Another New Zealand wine today, one I don't know.

@kochleffel  Bon Voyage. 

@rafinmd  Roy,  DH said "Kiwicrush" is what you require for your problem.

It's a mostly cloudy day, occasional sunshine breaking through, temperature 25 C.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Sarah was asking us to take her out for a meal and said she is feeling great.

Tonight's dinner.

Shrimp cocktail.

Lobster Bisque.

Rib eye steak.

Graham.

IMG_20230131_181136.jpg

IMG_20230131_182204.jpg

IMG_20230131_190556.jpg

IMG_20230131_191914.jpg

IMG_20230131_191930.jpg

How wonderful, Graham! So happy to read that Sarah felt well enough to go out!🥳

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Sarah was asking us to take her out for a meal and said she is feeling great.

Tonight's dinner.

Shrimp cocktail.

Lobster Bisque.

Rib eye steak.

Graham.

Graham,

So happy Sarah is doing better and she wanted to go out to eat.

Hope she continues to improve.

Meal looks wonderful.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. So much happening today. Planning a vacation sounds like a good day to celebrate. I’m still planning parts of my April cruise. After all the talk about problems with flights I’m wondering if I should travel to FLL two days early instead of the one day I’ve already scheduled. 

The sleep discussion is interesting. I’m similar to Carolyn @Cruising-along  I sleep about 3-4 hours then am awake a bit, sometimes it’s a long time, then sleep about 3 more hours unless I have an early appointment. And as most of you know I am an avid nap taker. Always have been, even when I was a teenager and young adult. I couldn’t get by without a nap. When I was working I would live for my days off just for the nap. 

I love clam chowder and think I would like it with green chilies. I actually buy a huge container of Hatch green chilies because I use so many in my cooking that those little cans just don’t cut it. I’m almost out so need to restock. 

AE4C7680-CB5D-43B6-B8B3-30AFA8027615.thumb.jpeg.fc957d2fd786a3f08293ecd422617b9d.jpeg

Graham @grapau27,  nice to hear Sarah is feeling better. I’m really enjoying your food pictures and can’t wait to find out where you have been eating. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, ouch on the oral surgery and  that “pop” would sure startle me. I wish I was closer so I could deliver some white wine. Get better. 

Roy @rafinmd, it sounds like you are progressing even though it probably doesn’t seem like it to you. Take care and get better. 

Annie @marshhawk, I’ve been trying to think of something that would help Fawn’s ear but haven’t figured anything out. Could you just ask the vet for ear crud drops?  I’m glad she feels good enough for belly rubs and loving. 

Have a great evening!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Looks like a nice meal this evening for you too, @kochleffel.  (sorry I don't know your name)  Have a wonderful cruise to Bermuda and enjoy the balcony.

Thank you. (My name is Paul.)

Dinner was at PS Kitchen, an all-plant restaurant that was conveniently in the same block as the theater.

No weather problems getting here, and I was aboard the ferry at Port Imperial by 4:00. I took the NY Waterways shuttle bus along 50th Street and then walked down Broadway to my hotel on 47th. If it’s not too cold in the morning (I didn’t bring a winter coat, just a rain jacket and a wool sweater) I can probably walk to Pier 88, which is at 12th Avenue and 48th.

• Like 14

So much stuff going on today!  I made a major mistake today,  I was sent a song from my boss (he needs a vacation to a warm tropical island) it was Christopher Cross's Sailing.  I wanted to hear the whole song, I love it, so I took the phone out on the porch with Fawn, and turns out she hates music,  She started hissing, and hiding, and I turned it off.  Oh the glare I got!  Darn music critic.

I had a sale today, 1500.00 but I owed the person a service fee back, and could not for the life of me figure out how to make that work.  I owed it to her because she bought two different series, and no one has shown me how to do that, and because it is a timed screen, I didn't have enough time to wait on the phone for someone in CA to walk me through it.  I hope after all my juggling of funds that she gets her money back.   

I hear that Texas is going to send it's bad weather east, and we are supposed to get some COLD weather this weekend.  

We named our house Beach house, we live no where near a beach, but we love the beach, so the art in our house is based on water/ocean,  and then we named the rooms, as if we were rich and important...LOL.  The back bathroom is Beach, the den is safe Harbor, the living room, is the Coast and tidal flats..

The guest room is pine forest, you get the idea.  Our bedroom is the mermaid room. My bathroom is the Shells....Its either my art, or things we have picked up while traveling.  I just need the sound of the ocean 24/7, and I will be happy.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening. So much happening today. Planning a vacation sounds like a good day to celebrate. I’m still planning parts of my April cruise. After all the talk about problems with flights I’m wondering if I should travel to FLL two days early instead of the one day I’ve already scheduled. 

I just started looking here at the end of the thread before bedtime, and this jumped out at me.  We have transatlantic in May and I've been edgy about the same thing.  Sharon, you prompted me to change our flight to a day earlier and spend two nights in FLL.  If things should go wrong, there would be no catching up with the ship.  

Thank you.  I'm really glad you posted about this. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I just started looking here at the end of the thread before bedtime, and this jumped out at me.  We have transatlantic in May and I've been edgy about the same thing.  Sharon, you prompted me to change our flight to a day earlier and spend two nights in FLL.  If things should go wrong, there would be no catching up with the ship.  

Thank you.  I'm really glad you posted about this. 

Maxine, I’m glad I helped in some way. I’m also going to look into arriving an extra day early. But tomorrow, like Scarlet. 

• Like 7