Is there no more laundry perks for diamond plus and above

We will be sailing for the first time as diamonds.  Do we still get a couple of days of free wifi each?  We used to get the package because my husband needed to keep in touch with his office but he will be retired so don’t need to but would like a few days to keep in touch with kids and grandkids. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, tamom said:

We will be sailing for the first time as diamonds.  Do we still get a couple of days of free wifi each?  We used to get the package because my husband needed to keep in touch with his office but he will be retired so don’t need to but would like a few days to keep in touch with kids and grandkids. Thanks!

Yes. 24 hours of continuous internet each. 

Question about this...I used the "free" bag on Wonder of the Seas three weeks ago as a Diamond + Perk. I put t-shirts, socks, a pair of shorts, and underwear in it. First time I have ever tried the service.

I was charged for everything except the socks and underwear. 

The loyalty desk was not open so I talked to a customer service rep who (very patronizingly) explained to me that the free diamond + bag only covered socks and underwear, everything else is charged. He did remove the charge when I asked for the reason why that was so but could not provide a better explanation. I would have chalked this up to an uniformed rep, but he was not the one that added the charge to the bag.

So, in your experience, what is allowed in there for "free" and what is not?

Thanks..CT

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

Question about this...I used the "free" bag on Wonder of the Seas three weeks ago as a Diamond + Perk. I put t-shirts, socks, a pair of shorts, and underwear in it. First time I have ever tried the service.

I was charged for everything except the socks and underwear. 

The loyalty desk was not open so I talked to a customer service rep who (very patronizingly) explained to me that the free diamond + bag only covered socks and underwear, everything else is charged. He did remove the charge when I asked for the reason why that was so but could not provide a better explanation. I would have chalked this up to an uniformed rep, but he was not the one that added the charge to the bag.

So, in your experience, what is allowed in there for "free" and what is not?

Thanks..CT

I think they were making up the rules as they go.  I found an old form (at the $24.99 price) online.  Unless the terms have changed, all your items should have been free.wash_and_fold_sheet.thumb.jpg.ce82b1fb3aac4f1d9983ec88a194a927.jpg

6 hours ago, deepcman said:

We're currently on 5 day Brilliance cruise and here is our in-cabin Diamond Plus letter. You'll notice it's only $10 off wash & fold.

20230201_102430.jpg

If you read the WHOLE section, you'll see that you have one free bag each, PLUS $10 off a second bag. 

We’re on a 15 day cruise in April and will take advantage of 2 bags; one on day 5 and the next on day 10.  We’ll just fill out the paperwork in my name first and my husbands name on the second.  Never had a problem and we’ve used it for socks, underwear, pajamas, shorts, and t-shirts.

Edited by sellwingri
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nelblu said:

On my Oasis December 4the sail the laundry benefits is in the letter.  The wash & fold is a special promo and notice is in your cabin.  If I recall, the special is all of the laundry you can fi in the laundry bag, but I laugh as the paper bag is a bit small for a lot of laundry.😆

To be fair you probably wouldn't want them to do much of your laundry beyond underwear and socks anyway. 

• Like 1

It seems to be a YMMV situation. On Voyager in September, they listed specific items for the boil 'n bake laundry bag and it specifically said any type of item not listed would be charged. I rolled up some blue jeans and had a couple other non-compliant items and they were laundered at no extra charge. I could easily see them charging if they'd felt like it on that particular day.

I, too, have developed techniques for optimizing the bag. I do wonder how big the mesh bag is that they place (some of) your items into. It may be counter-productive to stuff too much. I realize that larger items get one of those neck irritator tags so they must not go in a mesh bag.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, publicpersona said:

It seems to be a YMMV situation. On Voyager in September, they listed specific items for the boil 'n bake laundry bag and it specifically said any type of item not listed would be charged. I rolled up some blue jeans and had a couple other non-compliant items and they were laundered at no extra charge. I could easily see them charging if they'd felt like it on that particular day.

I, too, have developed techniques for optimizing the bag. I do wonder how big the mesh bag is that they place (some of) your items into. It may be counter-productive to stuff too much. I realize that larger items get one of those neck irritator tags so they must not go in a mesh bag.

I have never had a problem with them washing anything that I put in the Wash-n-Fold / Boil-n-Fry bag, even if it wasn't on the list.  I never put a ball gown or tuxedo or anything like that in the bag, but I definitely put shirts that aren't t-shirts and pants that aren't pajamas or shorts.  

This is the sheet on Allure this week:

Wash-n-Fold.thumb.jpg.fab392aebad379a61256aa3c50fbbf7c.jpg

5 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Thanks for that.  You are probably the reason that my white socks came back blue.  😞 

• Haha 1

I do label the bags dark and light/white hoping they don't mix the 2.  Sometimes on a 7 night you have to ask for a bag.  If we're only doing 7 nights I dont need to do laundry but might on a 10 night.  The longer cruises they seem to put a bag in your room. 

4 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I do label the bags dark and light/white hoping they don't mix the 2.  Sometimes on a 7 night you have to ask for a bag.  If we're only doing 7 nights I dont need to do laundry but might on a 10 night.  The longer cruises they seem to put a bag in your room. 

I suspect noting white/dark doesn't  matter.  I understand each order is put is some sort of laundry bag and all the bags are washed together, I don't want to jinx myself, but since the return the laundry has come back in much better shape than years prior. 

We use the benefit on every cruise it is offered.  

M  

• Like 1

Just off the Jewel last week. My wife and I each used our D+ laundry benefit during the cruise.  As mentioned earlier, we wrote our folio # on the bag with the words FREE Diamond Plus on the bag. One the third day of the cruise and one the fifth day of the cruise.

No charges and laundry was done nicely.  We were able to fit quite a but rolled up in the plastic bag provided.

2 hours ago, jsf said:

We used the laundry service 2 weeks ago on HoS and we are diamond members and we only got $10.00 off. The total fee was 24.99

That is correct for Diamond C&A members. The free bag does not kick in until you become Diamond +