New dinner menu

Suite Susie

9 minutes ago, pompeii said:

No separate dessert menu either?

This looks like a great menu to me. Shrimp cocktail is so hum ho. And why does anyone care if the dessert menu is on a separate page ?  Sounds very good for saving paper

• Like 18

Just now, Mike45LC said:

Everyday Favorites are missing.  No fettuccine Alfredo, no Caesars Salad, no French Onion Soup.  These are my very frequent choices when nothing on that day’s menu appeals to me.

i hope they still have my off menu loaded baked potato, extra butter, of course

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That looks SO GOOD!! I have 2 starter and 2 main dish options!! Vegetarians finally get recognized. Tired of only 1 choice 

Which ones are they?  Unless you eat gelatin and dairy, I don’t see any.  I’m sure the salad could be modified to exclude the shrimp, but other than that…

Thanks for sharing.  That is a decent menu, not the best I've seen, but decent.  I wouldn't starve that night.

There isn't a restaurant in my area that serves anything quite like what is listed, except for the pastas and green salad.  And for the common main dishes, like chicken breast, and rack of lamb, there are a couple places here that do that, but I don't generally order bone in selections anyplace, so it doesn't really matter.  I don't mind, how do they call it, a french cut chicken breast, where there is a single bone on one side and the rest is boneless, but bone in chicken breast I won't bother with in a restaurant.  And I'm not much on lamb, unless it is the lamb burgers at the fair, those are hard to beat.

Yes, there are things I think should be on this menu, the fettuccine Alfredo is a glaring omission, but hasn't it not be listed on a regular basis for some time now?  And just reading the Princess Love Boat Dream description doesn't really sound like what I remember.

Oh well, change happens.

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Which ones are they?  Unless you eat gelatin and dairy, I don’t see any.  I’m sure the salad could be modified to exclude the shrimp, but other than that…

I'm vegetarian not vegan so, yes, I eat dairy and cheese. I'm not a pescatarian so I don't eat fish

> starters: vegetable terrine (looks like ratatouille) & ginger-carrot-coconut soup

> main dish: onion vegetable tart & goat cheese souffle 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jeromep said:

Thanks for sharing.  That is a decent menu, not the best I've seen, but decent.  I wouldn't starve that night.

There isn't a restaurant in my area that serves anything quite like what is listed, except for the pastas and green salad.  And for the common main dishes, like chicken breast, and rack of lamb, there are a couple places here that do that, but I don't generally order bone in selections anyplace, so it doesn't really matter.  I don't mind, how do they call it, a french cut chicken breast, where there is a single bone on one side and the rest is boneless, but bone in chicken breast I won't bother with in a restaurant.  And I'm not much on lamb, unless it is the lamb burgers at the fair, those are hard to beat.

Yes, there are things I think should be on this menu, the fettuccine Alfredo is a glaring omission, but hasn't it not be listed on a regular basis for some time now?  And just reading the Princess Love Boat Dream description doesn't really sound like what I remember.

Oh well, change happens.

Princess Love Boat Dream is not even close to what it use to be.  Had it on our last cruise and it is really lacking in many qualities now.  This is such a limited menu, especially for those of us who do 20 to 30 day cruises that it makes one wonder if their new pricing and cutbacks have reached the point where Oceana, Viking or Regent might be more worth it now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Princessfan20 said:

Princess Love Boat Dream is not even close to what it use to be.  Had it on our last cruise and it is really lacking in many qualities now.  This is such a limited menu, especially for those of us who do 20 to 30 day cruises that it makes one wonder if their new pricing and cutbacks have reached the point where Oceana, Viking or Regent might be more worth it now.

I aspire to one day sail on Oceana, Viking or Regent.  Until then, it is chilled pureed vegetables and beef Wellington.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm vegetarian not vegan so, yes, I eat dairy and cheese. I'm not a pescatarian so I don't eat fish

> starters: vegetable terrine (looks like ratatouille) & ginger-carrot-coconut soup

I think terrine has gelatin in it (at least the one I tried once did.)

1 minute ago, CruisnDeb said:
19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Expand  

I think terrine has gelatin in it (at least the one I tried once did.)

Still beats a fruit plate, cheese plate, baked potato with steamed veggies. I'll take that menu all cruise long if I can't have the vegan menu options with cheese added. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeromep said:

I aspire to one day sail on Oceana, Viking or Regent.  Until then, it is chilled pureed vegetables and beef Wellington.

Or sail Virgin Voyages. We've sailed 8 cruise lines now. VV has the best food of the mainstream cruise lines, hands down. And every restaurant, every meal is included. Even the ice cream. 🙂 If you have not tried them yet, you should. Very similar vibe to Celebrity Cruises. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Suite Susie said:

Can’t take credit for this, but this was posted on Facebook last night

February 23rd dinner menu  on the Regal Princess in Falmouth, Jamaica 

Thanks for sharing, that menu looks perfectly fine. I mean it's a 'main dining room' it's not one of the specialty restaurants. There is so much food waste on ships, everyone is cutting back. Yes they can use the pandemic and the 2 years of bleeding money as an excuse too, but it's a very good excuse. I know I'm not going to starve on Sky Princess and as I recall, there's a very good buffet with even more choices a few decks up if you don't like the choices in the MDR. 🙂 

• Like 7