Really short stop in St thomas? Worth it?

So yes it's totally my fault for not checking properly before booking. But my cruise says docking in St thomas 7am-1pm

Can anyone tell me if this means back on the ship for 1 or leaving? Seems super short? I was hoping to book Sunfari tours but it seems like that's a really tight time frame to really do anything. Is that enough time to explore? What time would you need to be on the ship for? Thanks for reading this ramble and for any help.

Edited by Shand9219

5 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

So yes it's totally my fault for not checking properly before booking. But my cruise says docking in St thomas 7am-1pm

Can anyone tell me if this means back on the ship for 1 or leaving? Seems super short? I was hoping to book Sunfari tours but it seems like that's a really tight time frame to really do anything. Is that enough time to explore? What time would you need to be on the ship for? Thanks for reading this ramble and for any help.

If those are the times listed, getting off the ship will take a minimum of 30 minutes at best and maybe an hour at worst. I would not suggest getting back on board any less than 30 minutes before departure in case there are lines through customs (not just your ship but other passengers on other ships doing the same). You really have 8am to 12pm on shore from my experience unless you are close to the docks and can walk the distance to get onboard. 

• Thanks 1

You’ll need to be back onboard by 12:30. Not much time in port for sure, but if you go ashore by 7:30 or 8:00 that gives you a few hours to check out the town or even head to a beach for a couple hours. Just make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to make it back to the ship in time if you explore on your own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

St Thomas is my wife’s favorite shopping area we get Christmas cards from some of the jewelry stores , strange that it’s so short. Taxi to downtown is less than ten a person.

Edited by George C
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shand9219 said:

Hate those short stops and late arrivals. That short time wouldn't be bad if you were docking at Havensight instead of Crown Bay, which is where you will be docking. Not much at CB but still a short shared shuttle ride into Charlotte Amalie. I swear it takes longer for them to fill the shared shuttle than the actual trip into Charlotte Amalie. If (not happening) at Heavensight you would have been right there and you would have had time to eat breakfast and then get off the ship to stretch your legs walking around the shops for a little while. No really exploring but...Or take a shared shuttle into Charlotte Amalie. Either way, not enough time to tour the island. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Hate those short stops and late arrivals. That short time wouldn't be bad if you were docking at Havensight instead of Crown Bay, which is where you will be docking. Not much at CB but still a short shared shuttle ride into Charlotte Amalie. I swear it takes longer for them to fill the shared shuttle than the actual trip into Charlotte Amalie. If (not happening) at Heavensight you would have been right there and you would have had time to eat breakfast and then get off the ship to stretch your legs walking around the shops for a little while. No really exploring but...Or take a shared shuttle into Charlotte Amalie. Either way, not enough time to tour the island. 

Thank you this is helpful. I'm quite disappointed by the stop now if I'm honest. First time in the Caribbean from Scotland and this was my favourite stop. Nobody to blame but me for not properly checking I guess 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Thank you this is helpful. I'm quite disappointed by the stop now if I'm honest. First time in the Caribbean from Scotland and this was my favourite stop. Nobody to blame but me for not properly checking I guess 

Agree it's a bummer. There is a lot of great things to do and see outside of Crown Bay, Havensight and Charlotte Amalie. Maybe next time. Enjoy your cruise. 🍷

4 hours ago, Shand9219 said:

Book a Royal excursion and you won't have to worry about it. 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hop in a cab and go to really nice beach just 5 minutes away around the airport called Lindberg Bay Beach, just tell cabbie you need Emerald Bay Resort.  You can enter beach there and there's a $7 or something nominal fee for a lounger.  They have a terrific little cafe on the beach that makes great burgers!

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9549-M.jpg

DSCN1030.JPG

Emerald Beach resort.png

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Thanks everyone for replying. Will need to make the most of it and figure out a fun day for us and the kids. I'll try a mudslide too Goldfish lol 

Tree Limin Zipline is a great excursion on St Thomas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

@Shand9219Just curious what you port stop is after St Thomas?  Our April cruise leaves at 3P but we're heading to Coco Cay for a 9AM arrival so a bit of a haul.

Ohh I'm blind apparently. 🤦‍♀️I  had to go recheck and the ship leaves St thomas at 3pm. Not 1pm. I swear I read 1pm. Still a bit tight but better than my imaginary time lol.  Next stop is a sea day before Cococay for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mets123 said:

Check out tours from Geoffrey. I've used him many times in the past and never had an issue. He's very reliable and will work with your time frame

Thank you ill definitely check him out 

3 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Ohh I'm blind apparently. 🤦‍♀️I  had to go recheck and the ship leaves St thomas at 3pm. Not 1pm. I swear I read 1pm. Still a bit tight but better than my imaginary time lol.  Next stop is a sea day before Cococay for us. 

8 hours is St. Thomas is not a "tight" schedule 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Good to hear, that should give you enough time to plan a nice day in St. Thomas. I would still plan on getting off the ship pretty early if you plan on going on your own, or give you some good options with a ship’s tour.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Hop in a cab and go to really nice beach just 5 minutes away around the airport called Lindberg Bay Beach, just tell cabbie you need Emerald Bay Resort.  You can enter beach there and there's a $7 or something nominal fee for a lounger.  They have a terrific little cafe on the beach that makes great burgers!

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9549-M.jpg

DSCN1030.JPG

Emerald Beach resort.png

This is where we are going since 2012 mostly. Some people even walk there. 

• Like 2

We loved Sapphire and Lindquist beaches but since op thought he had no time, that is where I'd go, we just didn't want to do a longer trip to those beaches, wanted a one and done quickie and loved the Emerald Beach Resort.  Good snorkeling up against the mountain on the left side too.  Lots of Lobster and sea stars.  We also loved the Gondola and our Bushwackers up Paradise Point too, been there done all those.  We rented a car the first trip but will never drive there again, madhouse getting back to ship!!

Edited by BecciBoo

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

We loved Sapphire and Lindquist beaches but since op thought he had no time, that is where I'd go, we just didn't want to do a longer trip to those beaches, wanted a one and done quickie and loved the Emerald Beach Resort.  Good snorkeling up against the mountain on the left side too.  Lots of Lobster and sea stars.  We also loved the Gondola and our Bushwackers up Paradise Point too, been there done all those.  We rented a car the first trip but will never drive there again, madhouse getting back to ship!!

Is this at Emerald beach?

I snorkel wherever it is possible, but never thought it existed there.

Edited by Tatka

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

Is this at Emerald beach?

I snorkel wherever it is possible, but never thought it existed there.

Yes just swim over to the left wall there were even some eels there I have movie but don't know if it will go here...

Lobster.jpg

DSCF0712.jpg

• Thanks 1