Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Safe travels to all headed south to the MIA area today. 

Me me me. Plane is on time. Boarding 8:16 am. Another hour. So far so good. Sun is finally up. As a guy near me said all we need is a airplane.

20230311_072252.jpg

• Like 18

On 3/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, John&LaLa said:

Both surprised and humbled that so many folks from our little Floataway Lounge thread would be interested in meeting in person.😇

Kind of wishing we could have joined.  I know it's going to be a riot with the cast of characters that you have assembled.  I can't wait to read and see about all the shenanigans that ya'll get into onboard.  I do wonder if leaving Bella behind was a good idea as I am sure at some/many points adult leadership will be required. 

p.s.  Did anyone give the Food and Beverage Manager a heads up to ensure there is an ample supply of Kracken onboard? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

@Sea Dog, I hope you get the hotel situation straightened out. Suggest a call to your insurance as well, when you have time.  Rocky start, but I’m hoping it’s all uphill from here! 

Yes we will do that. Hopefully at least get reimbursed for the extra $400 it’s going to cost us for the other hotel.

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

p.s.  Did anyone give the Food and Beverage Manager a heads up to ensure there is an ample supply of Kracken onboard? 

Heck I need a Kraken now on this plane after the morning we are having.

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

These are the times we need a sad button.   Hope you get things straightened out. 

I hope so too. Thanks Mark!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hotel Fiasco 

We were booked at the Hampton Inn and Suites and I got a confirmation email at time of booking. I also called earlier in the week and they confirmed. Linda got a email wanting to confirm our reservation when she went to do that it said no confirmation number. So here we are getting ready to board and she calls the hotel and they say that our reservation was for last night even though our email and confirmation said it was for Saturday March 11th. They said they have no rooms. So Linda frantically searches and finds another hotel in Brickell, AKA Brickell. Looks nice but the cost will be $800 a night. $400 more than the other hotel. It’s not worth fighting  Hampton Inn now but we may try and see if our travel insurance will give us relief.

Oh no - sorry to hear about that mix up.  Hampton Inn Brickell has been my go to in Miami.  They are usually very good.  ugh 

Maybe the negative will turn into a positive & AKA will be a positive experience.  

Perhaps a good bourbon is in order to calm your nerves 🤔 

• Like 4

Hotel Fiasco 

We were booked at the Hampton Inn and Suites and I got a confirmation email at time of booking. I also called earlier in the week and they confirmed. Linda got a email wanting to confirm our reservation when she went to do that it said no confirmation number. So here we are getting ready to board and she calls the hotel and they say that our reservation was for last night even though our email and confirmation said it was for Saturday March 11th. They said they have no rooms. So Linda frantically searches and finds another hotel in Brickell, AKA Brickell. Looks nice but the cost will be $800 a night. $400 more than the other hotel. It’s not worth fighting  Hampton Inn now but we may try and see if our travel insurance will give us relief.

And the hits keep on coming. I also forgot my Go Pro. I thought it was in my backpack but apparently not. Sorry no sail away time lapse

Greg,

Hyatt Regency Miami

$451 all in on Hotwire............. 7/10th of a mile from Bayside Market Place.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

Well we managed to get another hotel after Hampton Inn and Suites Miami/Brickell Downtown “Walked” us (read that’s the term) and now we are at a hotel close to the other but a whole lot nicer. That’s a $800 per night nicer than the $400 we were to pay at Hampton.

8E4422BD-E240-48AE-B187-834329E491A5.thumb.jpeg.7c6d30ab85b82fc34b2bebe878a8c948.jpeg

B318FF43-D712-4970-9627-A6F61DBDF23F.thumb.jpeg.fcd309e13a4460f216d029c968773127.jpeg

FFE9A887-00A0-4085-9D6F-3D369DFBF86B.thumb.jpeg.00a95c0f545ce2fc964ab9594c9e16e1.jpeg

A241FFC8-7772-4E35-B7F1-9A019C2B3875.thumb.jpeg.30dd3e71d5ec90bcb69928c3e99e9768.jpeg

Lets hope they don’t cancel us when we get there.

617CA42D-788D-41F3-BA78-C483D93A4C15.thumb.jpeg.8e969c2cd919bfba808af9f402673c99.jpeg

On our way to Atlanta. For those who know my last episode, YES I’m drinking water

• Like 30

7 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Oh no - sorry to hear about that mix up.  Hampton Inn Brickell has been my go to in Miami.  They are usually very good.  ugh 

Maybe the negative will turn into a positive & AKA will be a positive experience.  

Perhaps a good bourbon is in order to calm your nerves 🤔 

Thanks! I may need several Bourbon’s tonight.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Greg,

Hyatt Regency Miami

$451 all in on Hotwire............. 7/10th of a mile from Bayside Market Place.

Thank you. We’ve already had to pay for the room. I think we will just suck it up at this point. Tired of dealing with this mess. I really appreciate you looking out for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks! I may need several Bourbon’s tonight.

Thank you. We’ve already had to pay for the room. I think we will just suck it up at this point. Tired of dealing with this mess. I really appreciate you looking out for us.

I'd offer to buy you a drink, but you have the drink all you can pkg. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, Sea Dog said:

Making a list of some of the cocktails I want to drink on the Bella Cruise. Here’s the list:

Dissappointed that my favorite Zacapa Old Fashioned or even a simple Rum Old Fashioned did not make the list.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to make up for it on my next cruise.  I certainly had my fair share of rum Old fashioned's (they had no Zacapa) on my last one. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The woman on the the phone with Hampton said there was nothing they could do. Linda is going to call Hilton Honors when we get to Atlanta. She’s a lawyer and knows how to raise holy ***.

Yes, call Hilton Honors.

since Hampton Inn insisted your reservation was the night before, they most likely charged you for the one night anyway as a no-show. $$

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly, I think it is awesome. And, I am about to go make the second one I've ever made.

I'd love to know the opinions of all of you who venture to try one as to what you think!

Just viewed recipe on Kraken site...sounds delicious.   I will add to my drink list and try on our next cruise later this month.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

Yes, call Hilton Honors.

since Hampton Inn insisted your reservation was the night before, they most likely charged you for the one night anyway as a no-show. $$

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did even though I have a printed copy of the reservation that says we check in today.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Buffett probably consumed a few lines over the years as well. He was big in the 70s in the Caribbean.  If I miss spelled it as lime, he has also consumed a ton of them.

Pirate Looks at 40 - Jimmy Buffett

“I've done a bit of smuggling, I've run my share of grass 
I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast 
Never meant to last, never meant to last”.

I’m surprised he doesn’t have a dispensary store, maybe not legal in FL?  It might be his next product?

Mother, Mother ocean. I have heard your call...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lying in bed while the rest of my family is still sleeping. I’m looking at the ceiling fan thinking how Buffett loves to fly, and doesn’t this fan look like a plane propeller a bit more than a normal fan would. Or is this a Buffett mind game. 🤔

68194A8D-51B9-4465-AA71-80119AB224DF.thumb.jpeg.cc5e290b7a768648ef3f9ef1480b0993.jpeg

Have you been dabbling in some Buffett chemistry?😉

• Haha 14

Hotel Fiasco 

And the hits keep on coming. I also forgot my Go Pro. I thought it was in my backpack but apparently not. Sorry no sail away time lapse

Time to start drinking.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I asked someone who is currently on board. It's not grat. They will have some of the Texas bourbons Balcones which are just ok. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I did not find them to my liking when I tried them on my recent Harmony cruise.

YMMV.

• Like 1