New Policy, only one entree at a time?

I know Royas has a new menu but I read that a passenger wanted to have 2 entrees as the main but the waiter told him that it will come out after they were done with the first. In other words , you now cant have a lobster with steak or ice cream with cake because each entree/ dessert will nt come together?

Please let me know this is not a new rule.

27 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

How many land restaurants will refuse to serve you 2 entrees that you ordered - treating you like a 5 year old?

Your comment reminded me --  wasn't there some cruise line talking about charging for 2nd or third entrees?  

1 hour ago, joeyancho said:

How many people go to a land restaurant and order 2 entrées?   

Not too many I think.  We did that at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.   Our kitchen was totally gutted and we wanted to take a lot of leftovers home.  The owner of the place actually came over to make sure we knew we had ordered a lot for just two people.   

3 hours ago, pittnh said:

I wasn't able to get a surf & turf together on lobster night, had to bring the steak out separately after the lobster. Not a huge deal for me.

Ordering a steak and lobster tail together seems so popular they should make  surf & turf a menu choice.  

• Like 7

The waiters must be under pressure to follow this rule. On our cruise it seemed like she didn't want to say anything to us about it, but she did follow the rule. Competing pressures - need to earn a 10 on the survey, but can't let the manager see two dinner plates on the table for one guest. 

• Like 1

It’s incredible to me that people on social media will defend absolutely every cutback blindly no matter what it is. The blind loyalty people have to this company is perplexing. I used to love their product, but was also logical. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

We are on board Wonder currently. Our waiter has no problem bringing multiple entrees at the same time. I posted in another thread, he understands when we want to share, or if we seem undecided about 2 items. My husband ordered 1 Calamari last night, but he brought out 2 at the same time. (I had read ahead of time that they were small and to maybe order 2, but my husband was ordering a 2nd appetizer anyway, so I didn’t mention it.) We will have to wait and see what happens on Lobster night, my husband normally asks for a surf and turf combo. Obviously, this could just be our waiter. He’s very accommodating, similar to past cruises. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Understandable.  It eliminates food waste.   How many people go to a land restaurant and order 2 entrées?   

When you do, they bring the second one right out.  Last time we ate out was away from our home base.   I ordered the Monte Cristo, which some restaurants do really poorly.   So, I talked DD out of getting one for herself.  It ended up being the best I've ever had, and we ordered one for her.   They brought it very quickly and if they'd said something like, "You can't have the sandwich until you finish the first thing you ordered" I'd have fallen out of the booth in shock.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

When you do, they bring the second one right out.  Last time we ate out was away from our home base.   I ordered the Monte Cristo, which some restaurants do really poorly.   So, I talked DD out of getting one for herself.  It ended up being the best I've ever had, and we ordered one for her.   They brought it very quickly and if they'd said something like, "You can't have the sandwich until you finish the first thing you ordered" I'd have fallen out of the booth in shock.  

Was it free?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Was it free?

There is no free lunch.   Dinner was just pre-paid with the cruise fare.  

This would be particularly annoying because of the "No substitutions" rule.   So, if you can't eat the side that comes with the main part of the entrée you'd like, you are forced to waste that side and also order something else.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

It’s incredible to me that people on social media will defend absolutely every cutback blindly no matter what it is. The blind loyalty people have to this company is perplexing. I used to love their product, but was also logical. 

Agreed!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

I will often order an entree as an appetizer if I don't like the appetizers on the menu.  I don't like to order two entrees at once because they can get cold.

• Like 3

With the new menu policy, they had no problem substituting any food item as long as it was on another offering that night. So, if you wanted to switch out your rice for mashed potatoes, it was no problem. Also, no issues with getting ice cream as an add on to any dessert. And the waiters were super efficient about bringing the 2nd entrée when we were finished with our first.  HOWEVER, my DH went absolutely ballistic that they didn't have shrimp cocktail every night. RCL spent way more on food because they didn't just give him what he wanted. Shrimp cocktail does not cost that much. Ordering an extra main because you didn't like any of the other appy choices was the option he went with. Also, they could solve a lot of their problems by more accurately describing the food. And, the waiters did not have a good grasp of the new menu, nor had they taste tested it, like back in the day. They had no idea what they were serving. So, they were of no assistance in choosing. We are clean your plate folks, but some of the items just werent good and did not seem like the description.

• Like 1