Anyone enjoying the new menu selections?

On 3/20/2023 at 2:35 PM, LuCruise said:

P.S. - I don't eat beef or chicken and was happy to see that for the first time, you could get a veggie burger in the WIndjammer.  Don't remember seeing that before.

It's been there for years but there's no way of knowing that unless you know you can ask for it. I think a lot of people would opt for a veggie burger, not just full vegans or vegetarians. I wish they would at least put a sign up.

I find the vegan MDR entrees a bit skimpy. I miss the availability by request of baked potatoes in the MDR just to fill out the plate. I'm not vegan but like to eat less meat. 

17 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

It's been there for years but there's no way of knowing that unless you know you can ask for it. I think a lot of people would opt for a veggie burger, not just full vegans or vegetarians. I wish they would at least put a sign up.

Ah ok.  It's the first time I've seen a sign advertising that they do have veggie burgers upon request....and I've always looked and was surprised that they didn't have veggie burgers in this time and age (just assumed they didn't)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Ah ok.  It's the first time I've seen a sign advertising that they do have veggie burgers upon request....and I've always looked and was surprised that they didn't have veggie burgers in this time and age (just assumed they didn't)

I'm glad there is a sign now, that is new!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, Jasukkie said:

I find the vegan MDR entrees a bit skimpy. I miss the availability by request of baked potatoes in the MDR just to fill out the plate. I'm not vegan but like to eat less meat. 

Just off Quantum in January - you can still ask for baked potatoes - there where a lot of vegan and vegetarian dishes on the menu in in the windjammer on the Australian Cruise 

48 minutes ago, 1cruise2U said:

Just off Quantum in January - you can still ask for baked potatoes - there where a lot of vegan and vegetarian dishes on the menu in in the windjammer on the Australian Cruise 

I haven't tried myself but others I know have told me it was a no to anything off menu now in the main dining room. I'm personally fine with eating in Windjammer for dinner, I frequently prefer it, but my travel companions may not.

I'm a picky eater but have always been able to pick something each night. But with this new menu on the Harmony a few weeks ago there was a couple nights when the menu just sucked. The Caribbean night was one for sure, can't remember the other. I can only do the strip steak so much...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I haven't tried myself but others I know have told me it was a no to anything off menu now in the main dining room. I'm personally fine with eating in Windjammer for dinner, I frequently prefer it, but my travel companions may not.

When you see the menu at the bottom will be a small area called ‘classic’ here l was able to get vegetable plate, potatoes, etc in MDR. I also ordered off kids meal pasta and other items as kids servings are very large…l had no problem in MDR getting vegan or vegetarian meals. Although l’m not l still try to do one meal in this manner. I know everyone has their own taste in food, but l have never left hungry. Is true the Solarium Bistro has many healthy options if you still hungry.

39 minutes ago, 1cruise2U said:

When you see the menu at the bottom will be a small area called ‘classic’ here l was able to get vegetable plate, potatoes, etc in MDR. I also ordered off kids meal pasta and other items as kids servings are very large…l had no problem in MDR getting vegan or vegetarian meals. Although l’m not l still try to do one meal in this manner. I know everyone has their own taste in food, but l have never left hungry. Is true the Solarium Bistro has many healthy options if you still hungry.

From the new menu pictures I've seen it appears the "classic" choices are gone. I'm very much the flexitarian so I will be fine. It's more just an overall preference to have more plant based entrees. I know they are trying. I wish they would include heartier choices, not every vegan eats like a bird. Something more along the lines of a grain or noodle bowl, filled with veggies, and veggie protein, with a zippy dressing.

I do like having an integrated menu. There's no reason to separate things and hopefully more people will be ordering from it.

4 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

From the new menu pictures I've seen it appears the "classic" choices are gone. I'm very much the flexitarian so I will be fine. It's more just an overall preference to have more plant based entrees. I know they are trying. I wish they would include heartier choices, not every vegan eats like a bird. Something more along the lines of a grain or noodle bowl, filled with veggies, and veggie protein, with a zippy dressing.

I do like having an integrated menu. There's no reason to separate things and hopefully more people will be ordering from it.

Classic section is gone, however if you see Royal sign near the dish it is Royal Classic dish.

40 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I don’t understand the point of this thread. If you are unhappy with food, switch to another cruise line.

That might be true of some other threads, but this one I took to mean that they wanted to hear from people that were happy with it.   
Also, this was in the OP, "Considering that I’m committed to an upcoming cruise and cancelling isn’t an option,"

• Like 1

Sorry for grouchy post. I just changed my subscription to once a week as i found it too active. And i am interested in hearing from people who have recommendations from new menu! I am going into cruise knowing food won’t be great but price and itinerary were right. I signed up for chops and giovanni lunch to compensate.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:30 PM, Jasukkie said:

At bottom of old menu could request, mashed, baked or fries.  Has that gone?

10 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Flexitarian ... love that ! Have a friend who's been known to have a bowl of soup, a plate of fries and 2 desserts if there's nothing suitable 😂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sailor05 said:

I'm a picky eater but have always been able to pick something each night. But with this new menu on the Harmony a few weeks ago there was a couple nights when the menu just sucked. The Caribbean night was one for sure, can't remember the other. I can only do the strip steak so much...

How was the steak?

5 hours ago, jamestown478 said:

I'm not a fan of the way they did the salads on my recent cruise. They poured the dressing in the bowl and then dumped the lettuce on top of it for all of the salads, even the Cesar which was always tossed in the dressing before being plated.

That is how you plate a salad when you want to do it hours ahead of time.   

It works well when you want to take a salad to work for lunch.  You get something like a canning jar, put the dressing on the bottom, then any misc. veggies, then lettuce, then croutons.  Then for lunch you either give it a big shake, or dump onto a plate.   

A bit pissy in a restaurant environment, though.