Celebrity Edge Larger Table for Balcony

Jjohnb

Before the most recent revolution of S class all balconies had taller bigger tables that were great for eating. E class may have bigger tables in the higher end suits, but I don't think any lower categories ever had a table adequate for eating. 

Edited by BettyCruiser

3 hours ago, Jjohnb said:

Is it possible to request a larger table for the balcony on Celebrity Edge.  We would like to possibly have breakfast or dinner on the balcony but the normal table is just a small side table.

Yes

Are you referring to the balconies for suites or aft facing verandah cabins? These are the only cabins with traditional open-air balconies on E Class ships. The majority of the rest of the cabins are infinite View cabins with a window that opens, not real traditional balconies.

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Are you referring to the balconies for suites or aft facing verandah cabins? These are the only cabins with traditional open-air balconies on E Class ships. The majority of the rest of the cabins are infinite View cabins with a window that opens, not real traditional balconies.

We have an Aqua Sky Suite with an infinite view balcony.  So not a traditional balcony but we’d still like to sit there with the window open and enjoy a meal or two.  It’s nice to occasionally enjoy a quiet meal away from the hustle and bustle and watch the ocean going by.

Edited by Jjohnb

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Aqua Sky Suites are suites and have a traditional balcony.

Aqua Class cabins are not suites and have the Infinite veranda. 

There is a huge difference between the two.

Just now, jelayne said:

That’s my point.  It isn’t clear which the OP has booked.

From the OP's comments it sounds like he or she is in a regular Aqua Class cabin, but then again the balcony tables on the Edge Sky Suites are not much more than a side table and hard to dine on. I really like the tables on the S Class Sky Suite Balconies, enough room for two people to dine comfortably on their balcony.

I keep getting the feeling that X doesn't want us spending time in our staterooms.

The furniture keeps being designed and supplied in such a way that seems to suggest this.

One of the things I want to do the most is sit in peace and quiet on my own balcony and have coffee or a light meal.

NOT spend the cruise stubbing my toe on an unnecessary rocking chair.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Edge has only ever had the small tables on the balconies for the Sky Suites and below.  Can’t speak to the suites higher than the SS.

The CS on Edge has a regular-height table with two chairs.

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Aqua Sky Suites are suites and have a traditional balcony.

Aqua Class cabins are not suites and have the Infinite veranda.  It not clear which you have.

My mistake, aqua class veranda with infinite balcony.  This is our first cruise coming over from Royal, as much as we know about Royal we’re still learning Celebrity, it seems like as much as they are similar it’s also all different.  Also first trip to Alaska so learning there as well.  We booked this on a whim. 

33 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We sailed on the Edge in a sky suite in March 2019 and the rocking chair was gone.

Those rocking chairs were always in the way and good for only stubbing your toes on. Glad they are gone.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

Perfect for the Edge villas. I hope they don’t go away with the October refresh. 

7095CC29-294B-46EF-A2BA-D0438D35192F.jpeg

Note the lack of any covering on the balcony and no table and chairs for dining on the balcony.

The full sun on the balcony was the only think that I did not love about the Edge Villa on the Apex.