Cheap dinner on Oasis - Would you choose Playmakers or Portside BBQ?

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wish playmakers was on more ships. I dont know of any good burgers on harmony. None suit me.

I don't think I've ever had a burger on a cruise before Playmakers. Maybe I tried one in WJ a very long time ago. Even if they were better in WJ I'd likely not eat them because I'd rather have stuff I don't get at home all the time (like Indian food).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Where are we going to get good burgers on Harmony. 😮😮😮

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk the usa menu in Mdr had the only decent burgers on radiance 10 day. Harmony probably doesnt do usa night. I dont like those in WJ and dont touch them. 

I booked izumi and hibachi for sept allure, lol not burgers. I get tired of steak. Lol even perfectly cooked steak. I havent looked ahead to harmony. 

Might have to have that burger in Galveston the night before. I wish playmakers was on more ships. I dont know of any good burgers on harmony. None suit me.

I just checked the app, and Chops has a "Dry-Aged Steak Burger" on the lunch menu - brioche bun, melted Gruyere, and smoked bacon. Sounds good!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks, everyone. I'm thinking we'll try Portside BBQ for dinner one night and try to swing by Playmakers for a snack and margarita one afternoon. I can't wait to check out the OG Oasis class ship!

This, this, a million times THIS.  You will get SO MUCH food for your money at Portside BBQ and it's all delicious! Live music sometimes, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks, everyone. I'm thinking we'll try Portside BBQ for dinner one night and try to swing by Playmakers for a snack and margarita one afternoon. I can't wait to check out the OG Oasis class ship!

If you're going to do both then this is the way id do it too.  BBQ for a diner and Playmakers for a late lunch

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

I think only 3 ships have play makers so its kinda rare too.

I know of at least 5 (Oasis, Wonder, Indy, Mariner, Odyssey) but fair point. It's just not one of a kind like BBQ or Mason Jar. Oddly, 3 are sailing from PC.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I know of at least 5 (Oasis, Wonder, Indy, Mariner, Odyssey) but fair point. It's just not one of a kind like BBQ or Mason Jar. Oddly, 3 are sailing from PC.

Also on Freedom, Navigator and Symphony. I wish they had added Playmakers to Liberty. 

38 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

10 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Also on Freedom, Navigator and Symphony. I wish they had added Playmakers to Liberty. 

With those 8 (and soon, Icon), that's just about a third of the ships. Much better than "rare" as stated above.

• Like 1

I’d do Playmakers for dinner because I like the atmosphere so much better than Portside. Playmakers is like going to a sports bar/restaurant on land. Usually a lot going on there. Portside seems like it’s always empty and has no atmosphere to me. Kind of feels like a cafeteria. I’d go there for lunch instead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

I have dreams about the onion rings at Playmakers 🤣

I’m generally more of a french fry girl, but I saw a photo of the onion ring stack and drooled a little bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Like Playmakers on Indy and Mariner.  Not a fan of the location on the Wonder and it seems disconnected

I'm not a big Playmaker's fan.  Only because I'm not a big sports fan.  However, I went into Playmakers on Indy and got a pitcher or two of Draft.  The only place I could find that sold Pitchers.  I enjoyed it so much while my wife was hitting the slots.  There wasn't much going on "sports" wise.  So, it was quiet and I enjoyed some alone time for a few hours. Just me and my beer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If you are familiar with Dickey BBQ.  Portside is a about a rough equivalent with that.  Not bad but not something to go out of your way for.  

Yep, been there, done that, and enjoyed it.  Not as good as Sonny's but still good.

26 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, been there, done that, and enjoyed it.  Not as good as Sonny's but still good.

Lol I'm in dallas. I know both places. 

I'd rather have the stack of onion rings. And some ketchup. I'm right near a dicky bbq and seem to be on their mailing list. Used to be constant 2.99 sandwiches they offered. Very cheap. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Oh boy... we need a tiebreaker!

A few responses late to the party, but hands down for this family - Playmakers!  The fries and the chicken sandwich are absolute favorites for our family.  We find ourselves asking.. 'does the ship have a playmakers?' with every search we make for that next cruise.

• Like 3