The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 23rd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

52 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning all,

it is getting real, my boarding time showed up in the middle of the night for my May 6 cruise on N S (please add me to the list @superoma). The time is 1:00. I do have Club Orange so have priority boarding but am a little hesitant to show up earlier if they don’t know what to do with it and I have to wait around for my time. This one is tough to pack for since there will be at least 2 different weather patterns. Time  to test the new luggage if I can get the Velcro apart!

I love English muffins and Mac n cheese. Many times in my life I felt my body was carrying brain around. Too cold for a picnic but the wind has died down so I will take Molly for a walk today. 

Today is the celebration of life for my friends son. It will be very difficult but I will be there for her. 

Prayers for those on the prayer list. Happy Birthday @marshhawk and @cunnorl .  Happy travels for those lucky ones sailing away. 

You are on my list as is hal4now and I will start your countdown on Monday! 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I am looking forward to my South America and Antarctica cruise in January so I have recently been reading about the Endurance.  I loved all the photos in this book.2AB3BEF9-6047-4876-9A68-74D623648DD4.jpeg.e669c58c181b843f8e6b683e798517ca.jpeg

9120A39B-2D47-4C9B-8800-6A4AB91D9B64.jpeg.99c038d85bc45d9db5cee7886a51f1bd.jpeg

I love mac & cheese and spinach & artichoke dip.  What a combination; I can’t imagine how many calories are in this dish but would be happy to have a small serving.

Thanks to all the Daily contributors.  Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising. 

If you have time in Punta Arenas you might want to stop into Shackleton’s Bar. It’s charming and the food is good. Find in on the Plaza de Armas.

Heres another interesting documentary 

Chasing Shackleton

https://www.pbs.org/show/chasing-shackleton/

Theres also a book that accompanies it.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you go to https://www.portfever.com/  you can see the archived shots. The USS Cole can be seen arriving from 7:13 (#434) to 7:39 (#460). Some shots include the sailors. 

Thanks! I'm surprised that the neighbors weren't ringing bells and blowing horns for the Cole. Part of our port view is blocked by Sky Harbor, the building where the PEV webcam lives.

• Like 21

DH has been taking a new blood pressure medication and has been taking his blood pressure here at home for a couple weeks now.  We were talking about his levels and decided to test out the machine on me.  So patient #2 (me!) had 101/74 first try and 103/75 second try.  Sounds about right for me.  It's slightly higher at the doctor's office.  I am not on blood pressure medication, just lucky on the BP issue.

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Thanks! I'm surprised that the neighbors weren't ringing bells and blowing horns for the Cole. Part of our port view is blocked by Sky Harbor, the building where the PEV webcam lives.

We went out of PEv last weekend and heard no bells nor horns from the condos. We figured it was due to people being away due to flooding 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 18

Good morning Dailyites. Blessed Sunday.

Happy Birthday to @marshhawk and @cunnorl.

image.png.6126c82bb2d85f8b353cdc4026ab8ade.png

I do not know where my week went. I finished potting my plants and set them out on our deck Thursday. We got a hail warning so I ran out and brought them up under cover. Thankful I did. Our ladies game night got a pause to go out and watch the hail storm. It was impressive. 

Allen and I went to Fish City yesterday for lunch. It was a beautiful 80 on the patio and we sat and enjoyed the afternoon. Fried catfish was great. Then later we sat at our fireplace til late. I could have slept out there.

Today is quite blustery and the high will be 59.

I think I mentioned we took advantage of the $1 down for cruising in Nov. and Dec. Due to some holiday time, those weren't included in the $1 down.

We are leaving on Thanksgiving Day for FLL. The next day we sail. We were able to get our ADA balcony 5055 again on the Rotterdam for all 4 legs. Will be home Dec 29th. Hoping our Panama Canal cruise goes smoothly this time. Our last time in 2018 on Viking, Allen got heat stroke in Cuba and we concluded our cruise in Costa Rica. 

Prayers to those who are seeking healing and strength. Tana and family have had one tough year. Roy has been healing, thank you Lord. Thank you Graham for Father David's sermon and I will pray for him on his journey. 

Did anyone read about the law suit regarding a man dying of a heart attack onboard a ship in August. The wife chose to stay onboard with him rather than disembark. He was supposed to be in the morgue but the cooler wasn't working, so he was put in a beverage cooler for 6 days. It's a gruesome story.

Best of luck to @kazu and her new charge. I hope you are successful and things go better than your last dog. Did you ever hear anything back?

Thank you so much for our Daily friends who keep our board here alive. 

Have a wonderful week.

image.png.561f1135431fded842f0b7efac278933.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Good Sunday morning to all.

This is my third attempt at posting.  Every time I start i get distracted and vow to come back later.  Well, here I am.

Thank you to Sandi, Eva, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your dedication to this thread. Where would we be without all of you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANNIE @marshhawk AND TO ANN @cunnorl   May you both have many more

Prayers for Terry @smitty34877.  You certainly have your hands full.  Many prayers that things lighten up your way.

Graham @grapau27 Thank you for Father David’s sermon.  Hope your hip is not hurting too bad and the surgery is soon.

Today is Lovers Day.  I am truly blessed to have the LOVE OF MY LIFE with me.  We just finished having English Muffins with our Scrambled Eggs and Bacon for breakfast.  We will skip the picnic today.

We will skip the wine and drink.  As for the meal, last night I had take out from our very wonderful butcher.  It was a stuffed chicken breast with ricotta with spinach and artichoke.  It was delicious.  Don’t think we will do it again.

Thank you all for the photos of Papua New Guinea and Fort Everglades.

Just read in the New York Times that Bed Bath and Beyond has filed for Bankruptcy and will begin closing sales on Wednesday.  I know that our local store has had empty shelves for quite a while and when I was there the other day, i was told they were in the process of “restocking”. Well, I guess that will not be happening.  On Friday their stock fell to 29 cents.  

So all you bargain hunters may want to go see what is left in the stores to grab a good deal.

Prayers for all on the Cares List and Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

Have a great Sunday.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

We went out of PEv last weekend and heard no bells nor horns from the condos. We figured it was due to people being away due to flooding 

It didn't flood down here. It's kind of counterintuitive, but these buildings already on the high ground. Also water can run off into the ocean pretty easily.

Fort Lauderdale'sewer system just wasn't up to handling 28 inches of rain in 24 hours.

Don't take the lack of horns and bells personally. It was really humid here and people's balcony cushions took a while to dry out.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3