When Do They Open the Shows for Reservations Please

Wilda

Hello & happy Sunday! Can you please remind me when they open the Headliner/Comedy shows for online reservations? Also,this will be our first time cruising as Diamond status- it's 4 drinks daily, correct?? Sailing in September on Odyssey and it's been a minute since we have cruised...thank you!

Edited by Wilda

It varies by ship & sailing. No set in stone time like how check-in is 45 days out.

Some June cruises were able to book weeks ago. I’m still waiting for entertainment to open for my June 4th cruise on Wonder. 🤷‍♂️

30-60 days is a rough estimate.

Yes, 4 drinks per day with Diamond ($14 limit but that covers 95%+ of all drInks). And don’t forget unlimited use of the fancy coffee machine in the DL.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wilda said:

Hello & happy Sunday! Can you please remind me when they open the Headliner/Comedy shows for online reservations? Also,this will be our first time cruising as Diamond status- it's 4 drinks daily, correct?? Sailing in September on Odyssey and it's been a minute since we have cruised...thank you!

Generally it is the 1st of the month prior to the month that you sail.

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have read that several times but then I keep reading of many exceptions.

I'll find out tomorrow in my case.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

I am not the OP, but this half answers a question I've had. The other half of my question is: Where exactly do you reserve? On the app? And where in the app can I see this?

We are going to cruise on Symphony in October. I've never been on a cruise where you needed to reserve anything before.

16 minutes ago, queenjean7581 said:

I am not the OP, but this half answers a question I've had. The other half of my question is: Where exactly do you reserve? On the app? And where in the app can I see this?

We are going to cruise on Symphony in October. I've never been on a cruise where you needed to reserve anything before.

In the cruise planner on the site. Possibly in the app but I would find the website cruise planner easier even if the app is an option.

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It varies by ship & sailing. No set in stone time like how check-in is 45 days out.

Some June cruises were able to book weeks ago. I’m still waiting for entertainment to open for my June 4th cruise on Wonder. 🤷‍♂️

30-60 days is a rough estimate.

Yes, 4 drinks per day with Diamond ($14 limit but that covers 95%+ of all drInks). And don’t forget unlimited use of the fancy coffee machine in the DL.

Your June 4th will open up tomorrow or Tues. it opens the first week of month before. All sailings will open up for June at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, renza said:

Your June 4th will open up tomorrow or Tues. it opens the first week of month before. All sailings will open up for June at the same time. 

Thanks, I’ve read this multiple times but I also know several June cruises where they opened weeks ago.

That said, I do think tomorrow is pretty likely.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

3 hours ago, renza said:

It's more random than that.  

For the three cruises that I have where reservations are available, they became available:

60 days

33 days

40 days

17 minutes ago, Dayman9966 said:

My June 16th sailing on Oasis opened up yesterday, but only for Aqua 80, Cats, and Frozen in Time, nothing for Comedy show, which Im waiting for.

Check the website for the Comedy Club.  Ours wasn't available to book in the app but was via the website.  We sail soon and comedy club can't be seen on either right now but my reservation is in the app. 

• Like 1

I find this topic rather strange. There is no set pre date on when you can book shows online?  Why doesn't RCL email you when it is time to book online reservations for shows?  Do you have to live on your computer and check it every day to check when they open for your upcoming cruise?  Don't they go quick?  Does the RCL App work on the ship when you arrive on day 1 to book shows?  Has this worked for others?  

9 hours ago, Collectiques said:

Does the RCL App work on the ship when you arrive on day 1 to book shows?  Has this worked for others?  

Welcome to CC.

Yes and yes. Don't ask why RCI does some things - it will just lead to frustration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Don't ask why RCI does some things - it will just lead to frustration.

This.

Sincerely,

Guy patiently waiting for his June 4th Wonder entertainment reservations to become available.

Some of the stand up shows never open early, when you are waiting to board in the Terminal lounge is my favorite time to get it all sorted and then they start to become available.  Sitting there we finish everything in the app we can so when we walk onto the ship, all we have to do if find our muster station and we're pretty much done.

Edited by BecciBoo

9 hours ago, Collectiques said:

Why doesn't RCL email you when it is time to book online reservations for shows? 

they do email you but it is a few days after they open the reservations.