The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 20th, 2023

richwmn

Yesterday @ottahand7 wrote:

We are about an hour and a half SW of Marquette near Crystal Falls/Amasa.    It is on Porter Lake.   We have about a 45 minute drive on dirt and logging roads to get there from Amasa.  It is indeed beautiful and mostly unspoiled.   

Nancy, @ottahand7, I see the area you described of your cabin locale on the map. Thank you. My friends are east of Manistique, they were neighbors in our mountain community in NM. UP is very similar to our old landscape, though we were far south in NM we were near 9000 feet, so simulate clime to your northern latitude. My work was out of Marquette in the mid 70s. When DH and I went back in 2018, I barely recognized places. I had reports and maps for exact locations but it felt so completely foreign in most places, not even an echo of familiarity. And I didn’t look the same either! 🤣

You have a long road in!  In NM ours was 4 miles and 1000 feet down in elev to the mailbox which was on the paved road.  I loved it there! But we were younger and it was time to move on. I sincerely wish you a deeply enjoyable time there!  Safe travels and 🤞on the systems coming up without difficulties or delays!  m—

• Like 16

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Yesterday @ottahand7 wrote:

We are about an hour and a half SW of Marquette near Crystal Falls/Amasa.    It is on Porter Lake.   We have about a 45 minute drive on dirt and logging roads to get there from Amasa.  It is indeed beautiful and mostly unspoiled.   

Nancy, @ottahand7, I see the area you described of your cabin locale on the map. Thank you. My friends are east of Manistique, they were neighbors in our mountain community in NM. UP is very similar to our old landscape, though we were far south in NM we were near 9000 feet, so simulate clime to your northern latitude. My work was out of Marquette in the mid 70s. When DH and I went back in 2018, I barely recognized places. I had reports and maps for exact locations but it felt so completely foreign in most places, not even an echo of familiarity. And I didn’t look the same either! 🤣

You have a long road in!  In NM ours was 4 miles and 1000 feet down in elev to the mailbox which was on the paved road.  I loved it there! But we were younger and it was time to move on. I sincerely wish you a deeply enjoyable time there!  Safe travels and 🤞on the systems coming up without difficulties or delays!  m—

I totally agree about the changes in Marquette.   It is just a massive main drag that is always being worked on and congested.    Iron Mountain is getting really built up too.   We try to go to Iron Mtn or Escanaba every couple of weeks and then stay put in the woods.   Thanks for the well wishes on our systems, refrigerator is going to be easy but the well pump starting may be more problematic.  Nancy 

• Like 12

Good afternoon everyone. 

I spent the last few hours reading all the posts since Thursday afternoon. 

After i posted on Thursday i never was able to get close to CC again as much as I tried.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for your dedication to the Daily and Fleet report.

Interesting days.  Millionaire.  I wonder who of us will own up to belonging to that club???

Although I own a bike, it sits in the garage.  I won’t be biking to work since I am retired.  I don’t feel confident enough to use that bike anymore.  Endangered species?  We need to protect them.

Will pass on the food and drink.  Have not been to the port.

Interesting quote.

I guess I have lost the cleaning lady.  I have not heard from her.  I will try to call and see if we can get back together and get a schedule.

As for the dryer, the appliance store I have been dealing with does not know when then can get me another one.  So I am trying to make a deal with them to return the washer I bought and get another brand so that I have a matching set.  Waiting to see what happens.

DH is still very tired and sleeps a lot.  Not really sure what is going on.  Adding to the mix we both got our second bivalent Covid shots today so that we will be protected on our next cruise.

This means that I probably can expect a flare-up of my Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  i sure hope not, but I am expecting history to repeat itself.

@superoma Eva, i hope you are taking care of yourself.  This is a hard time.  It is good that you have your family around you.  Prayers for all of you and for the repose of your Dad’s soul.  

Prayers for all on the Cares List and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  

Hope everyone has a good Saturday and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 20

Good sunny afternoon, it was cloudy and misty this morning but has cleared up nicely.

Fluff is still doing okay and is breathing normally 🤞
Mr Trouble is now 5 years old according to a birthday message from the vet . The ready of the crew : Ninja and Houdini will be 16 later this summer and Tee Tee and Tux will be 1 .

I’m having mixed emotions about my Botox appointment on Monday . I just hope it works after all this time waiting and that there are no side effects.

@superomaprayers to you and your family.

• Like 22

Good afternoon from central Texas.  While today was not physically as busy, it was still not what I'd call an easy day.  To hopefully keep me from buying books I've already read or that I have, I  made lists of books I want, those I have and those I've read, especially those that are part of a series.  For various reasons, I have not kept the lists up to date since about Christmas.  Instead, I've made notes of those I want and try to remember to check off those I've read.  Today, I made the time to tackle the lists and bring some order to them.  Between having to double check on some of the books and trying to read my notes, it's taken me most of the day.  I just finished printing the lists.  As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to take a much needed walk while it's still cloudy, breezy and still in the mid-70s.

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Maybe I’ll be a millionaire one day. No biking to work. Endangered species protection is important. Good quote. I’ll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. Yes to the drink, if someone else is paying. I haven’t been toTolagnaro.

I’m starting to feel better. The head cold led to some chest issues too. I’m taking a Z-pack. Interestingly you can’t even get over the counter cough syrup without talking to the pharmacist, and it’s all herbal. Even regular Robitussin type stuff requires a prescription. The weather has been nice today, up to 72F. I sat out on the deck earlier, reading.

Happy Victoria Day!

@richwmn Good to have you back.

@superoma Thinking of you at this difficult time.

@Crazy For Cats Bon Voyage!

@smitty34877 I’m glad the executive chef has a better appetite.

@ottahand7 Safe travels to the cabin.

@kazu So sorry to hear about the legal snafu. Hopefully you can do some planting soon.

@ger_77 Safe travels for your family coming home.

@Horizon chaser 1957 Welcome home! 
@dobiemom I’m glad to hear the good news about your eye.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Vanessa, I'm glad you are feeling better.  It's interesting the different rules in different countries for getting OTC and prescription meds.  In Greece, you can get just about anything without a prescription and for a lot less than in the US.  The same is true for Mexico.

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We are onboard. The Coast Guard didn't show this morning. 

20230520_123745.thumb.jpg.a301f5e9f7c10147b76fc30b0733c43d.jpg

Jake, I'm glad you made it on the ship earlier than expected.  I bet the crew and officers were relieved the Coast Guard did not show up today.

52 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone. 

After i posted on Thursday i never was able to get close to CC again as much as I tried.

Interesting days.  Millionaire.  I wonder who of us will own up to belonging to that club???

Although I own a bike, it sits in the garage.  I won’t be biking to work since I am retired.  I don’t feel confident enough to use that bike anymore.  Endangered species?  We need to protect them.

Interesting quote.

I guess I have lost the cleaning lady.  I have not heard from her.  I will try to call and see if we can get back together and get a schedule.

As for the dryer, the appliance store I have been dealing with does not know when then can get me another one.  So I am trying to make a deal with them to return the washer I bought and get another brand so that I have a matching set.  Waiting to see what happens.

DH is still very tired and sleeps a lot.  Not really sure what is going on.  Adding to the mix we both got our second bivalent Covid shots today so that we will be protected on our next cruise.

This means that I probably can expect a flare-up of my Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  i sure hope not, but I am expecting history to repeat itself.

@superoma Eva, i hope you are taking care of yourself.  This is a hard time.  It is good that you have your family around you.  Prayers for all of you and for the repose of your Dad’s soul.  

Terri

Terri, I hope you don't have a flare up after the booster, and I hope your DH is better soon.  I also hope you can the cleaning lady can get a schedule set up.  I also hope the store will accept you old washer, or at least make a decent trade in for a different washer.

18 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny afternoon, it was cloudy and misty this morning but has cleared up nicely.

Fluff is still doing okay and is breathing normally 🤞
Mr Trouble is now 5 years old according to a birthday message from the vet . The ready of the crew : Ninja and Houdini will be 16 later this summer and Tee Tee and Tux will be 1 .

I’m having mixed emotions about my Botox appointment on Monday . I just hope it works after all this time waiting and that there are no side effects.

@superomaprayers to you and your family.

It's good news that Fluff is still breathing well. 

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone. 

Interesting quote.

Terri

Terri, I have a suggestion about your new dryer.  Go to the store and take a look at the damage to it.  It is possible it is a scratch or small dent on the side that wouldn't be noticeable in the house.  Of course that devalues it a couple of hundred dollars which they would deduct from the price.  Worth it to take a look.

Ray

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Terri, I have a suggestion about your new dryer.  Go to the store and take a look at the damage to it.  It is possible it is a scratch or small dent on the side that wouldn't be noticeable in the house.  Of course that devalues it a couple of hundred dollars which they would deduct from the price.  Worth it to take a look.

Ray

The whole back is bashed in.  I don’t want it.

Terri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

National Treasure.  No Triple Crown this year.

Roy

Beautiful horse.

I will watch the Belmont.  That was in my back yard.  When we lived in NY, Belmont was walking distance from my house,  Never ever went there,.

Terri

• Like 8

Thank you for the welcome - I've been reading for some time, not sure why I've never chimed in!

I just did a Pacific Northwest cruise with my daughter on the Noordam, and my husband and I are looking forward to Alaska on the Volendam in July! So, it's re-peaked my interest I guess, I'll be here more often. :) 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1