Are wash rags a special thing with MSC?

Washcloths are available and we've always had them in the room when we arrived. However, MSC is an Italian line and washcloths are not generally used in Italy. Loofahs and sponges are the norm.

Accordingly, there are occasional reports on this board of Americans having to ask for their initial washcloths. After that, fresh ones arrive with the towels each time the room is done.

Edited by no1talks
  • Thanks 2

I had to ask for washcloths on the May 7 sailing. The steward had to ask her supervisor and brought two the next day. I brought two from home, so we used those the first day. Once we used the ones she brought, she ignored them hanging in the shower.  We then put the used washcloths on the shower floor with wet towels.  She took them away and did not replace them. 

Hello,

I'm bemused by this fixation with 'wash cloths' such that we have two threads running concurrently.🤨

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
sp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm bemused by this fixation with 'wash cloths' such that we have two threads running concurrently.🤨

Regards,

Cublet

.....because it is one of those things that is so standard in this market people go 'huh' when they learn they are not provided. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Not that we have a thread about them, but I feel the same way about bidets.  The whole concept seems rather, well…uncomfortable. 

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Then what do I use to dry my face and hands?  This is silly.  Just give us washrags.  

There's multiple hand towels in a cabin. Europeans don't use wash clothes. Use a hotel anywhere in Europe and you will find no wash clothes. Half the time they don't even provide toiletries. One hotel I got a single what American's would consider guest soap.

3 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

There's multiple hand towels in a cabin. Europeans don't use wash clothes. Use a hotel anywhere in Europe and you will find no wash clothes. Half the time they don't even provide toiletries. One hotel I got a single what American's would consider guest soap.

I wonder how European women wash their face.  I like a new one daily too so not sure what I will do when we go there next summer.

2 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I wonder how European women wash their face.  I like a new one daily too so not sure what I will do when we go there next summer.

We did not have wash clothes on the Meraviglia this year. We asked the first day and the cabin steward brought us two the second day. After using them we put them on the floor with the dirty towels and he removed them and did not replace them. I am like you and like a clean wash cloth to wash my face with.  On day 3 dh had a discussion with the cabin steward about the wash cloths and we never had another problem.  No clue why he had a problem leaving them when he always had some on the cart and we would walk out of the cabin and get them when he didn't leave them.  

I also carry makeup remover clothes from the beauty dept at the drug store just in case this happens. So they came in handy this last trip.

1 minute ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We did not have wash clothes on the Meraviglia this year. We asked the first day and the cabin steward brought us two the second day. After using them we put them on the floor with the dirty towels and he removed them and did not replace them. I am like you and like a clean wash cloth to wash my face with.  On day 3 dh had a discussion with the cabin steward about the wash cloths and we never had another problem.  No clue why he had a problem leaving them when he always had some on the cart and we would walk out of the cabin and get them when he didn't leave them.  

I also carry makeup remover clothes from the beauty dept at the drug store just in case this happens. So they came in handy this last trip.

I think I will pick up some as well, just in case.  I have been assured being in yacht club this should not be an issue.

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I'm not European, but I always cleanse my face and remove my makeup with either facial makeup remover sheets (disposable), or with micellar water and cotton rounds (disposable).  I don't feel as if I would ever get washcloths clean in the laundry if I got any significant amount of makeup on them (and I don't use all that much, primarily mascara).