Shorts in the dinning room

14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I lived in the Greenville, SC area for 5 years and still have family that lives in that area. I never heard anyone refer to Myrtle Beach by either of the terms you mentioned.  

Neither have I. 

We live in SC and also own a beach/ocean front rental condo in North Mrytle beach.  The prices they are getting make the cruise ship look like a bargain.   The management company set the price of our one-bedroom condo at $350-$450 per night (summer rates) and of course this doesn't include any food, entertainment, transportation to islands, etc.    It is better for us to take a summer cruise (we have a 7 night in July planned) than to take our condo off the rental market for us to spend a week there in season. 

I'm thrilled ( as an owner) that folks are willing to spend that much $$ to visit the South Carolina beaches.  I don't care what they wear to dinner or what they are called. However, making a derogatory blanket statement is not a good idea. 

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Neither have I. 

We live in SC and also own a beach/ocean front rental condo in North Mrytle beach.  The prices they are getting make the cruise ship look like a bargain.   The management company set the price of our one-bedroom condo at $350-$450 per night (summer rates) and of course this doesn't include any food, entertainment, transportation to islands, etc.    It is better for us to take a summer cruise (we have a 7 night in July planned) than to take our condo off the rental market for us to spend a week there in season. 

I'm thrilled ( as an owner) that folks are willing to spend that much $$ to visit the South Carolina beaches.  I don't care what they wear to dinner or what they are called. However, making a derogatory blanket statement is not a good idea. 

M

My old roommate has a house on Fripp Island SC and the rates he gets for summer weeks is insane. We spent a long weekend there in March and it's a wonderful area. 

14 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

My old roommate has a house on Fripp Island SC and the rates he gets for summer weeks is insane. We spent a long weekend there in March and it's a wonderful area. 

Beautiful area.  Please come back and vacation in SC. Wear whatever you want to dinner.  

M

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jean87510 said:

much more interesting than chair hogs, gratuities, or quality of food in the MDR.  Very cheeky.

I guess you could this this thread has legs. 🙃

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

... We live in SC and also own a beach/ocean front rental condo in North Mrytle beach ...

I'm bouncing off your comment because you're the only person who's mentioned NORTH Myrtle. 

Often when people say "Myrtle Beach", they really mean The Grand Strand, which includes North Myrtle, South Myrtle, Seaside, Cherry Grove, Holden, Garden City.  Those are nice places ... people around here think badly only of Myrtle itself; that is, the downtown area with the seedy bars near Ripley's and the Gay Dolphin.  Myrtle has been trying to bring up its reputation, but the areas around it have always been much nicer.  

4 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

We love Fripp Island!  Also next-door Hunting Island.  

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think I have worn corduroy pants since the 1980s. 

I bought a pair of navy cords last fall.  Wore them constantly this winter.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm bouncing off your comment because you're the only person who's mentioned NORTH Myrtle. 

Often when people say "Myrtle Beach", they really mean The Grand Strand, which includes North Myrtle, South Myrtle, Seaside, Cherry Grove, Holden, Garden City.  Those are nice places ... people around here think badly only of Myrtle itself; that is, the downtown area with the seedy bars near Ripley's and the Gay Dolphin.  Myrtle has been trying to bring up its reputation, but the areas around it have always been much nicer.  

We love Fripp Island!  Also next-door Hunting Island.  

I bought a pair of navy cords last fall.  Wore them constantly this winter.  

Instead of "bouncing off" you should be apologizing. IMHO

8 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I didn't read this thread, but please don't wear loud shorts in the dinning room.

My shorts are very well behaved. Never noisy. We keep it to a whisper...

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, ETski said:

We are bringing two teenage grandsons on a cruise this summer. Since the boys don't have a lot of dress clothes would they be able to wear nice shorts to the dinningroom? 

Good gawd. Yes. But for the formal nights step up & buy them some damn slacks. This is the opportunity for a teaching moment. They have to learn eventually and you're as good as anyone to help them along. Have you wondered what they'll be wearing on their prom night? Graduation? Help them out.  Make it fun. Take the grandkids shopping. I have a feeling both parties will enjoy it. 

And yes, as always I'm late to this party. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 1