What happens when one spouse reaches Pinnacle before the other ?

I have been cruising Royal for over 20 years my wife and kids are all Diamond Plus along with myself . I am fartherst along towards Pinnacle with 440 points. My wife is behind me by roughly 50 Points.  This stemmed from taking my mother on a cruise every year for her birthday. Just the her boys , it was quite the fun tradition.  In any event , when and if I make pinnacle , will my wife at least be able to enjoy those benefits until she catches up ??

1 minute ago, Jabra said:

I have been cruising Royal for over 20 years my wife and kids are all Diamond Plus along with myself . I am fartherst along towards Pinnacle with 440 points. My wife is behind me by roughly 50 Points.  This stemmed from taking my mother on a cruise every year for her birthday. Just the her boys , it was quite the fun tradition.  In any event , when and if I make pinnacle , will my wife at least be able to enjoy those benefits until she catches up ??

Once you become Pinnacle, she becomes one instantly with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your two accounts are not linked, or in a CAS relationship then you should call CAS to have them fix that.

Spouses in a declared CAS relationship progress together based on the person with the highest points.  When you are in a CAS relationship you both appear to have the number of points based on who has the higher amount but they continue to track each individual actual points in the background.  

If you don't see the same number of points when you log into each account it is possible they haven't figured out you are married.

25 minutes ago, Sianli said:

So if you sail with your mother on the cruise you turn pinnacle, maybe your spouse can cruise in her own cabin? Would you both become pinnacle at the loyalty celebration? Not sure.

Yes. The spouse will be pinnacle the same time as the OP. 

When either of you cruises solo, the other spouse receives points as well. You just need to call crown and anchor to update your relationship status.  The points are listd separately in your account, but you do get them. 

49 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

When either of you cruises solo, the other spouse receives points as well. You just need to call crown and anchor to update your relationship status.  The points are listd separately in your account, but you do get them. 

When one goes solo, both do not get the points. Only the cruiser gets points.  Both get the LEVEL of the highest cruiser.    For years, I had a few more points than my husband.   We were always the same level. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!! 😄   Don't mention that to Laura (of John and LALA).  😄  

She may have tried, but not sure whether there will be any trade in value left on John once he finishes the WC😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

For years, I had a few more points than my husband. 

DW also had earned more points than me - I just paid for them all.😉 We were both recognized when she hit 700 points.😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

She may have tried, but not sure whether there will be any trade in value left on John once he finishes the WC😉

LOL...John is moving on with the full cruise when Laura, Bucky, and I bail out in LA.   She even booked the same flight back to Orlando as we did, and will be sitting next to us.  Happy to have her with us.  🙂  

Bucky, Laura and I are on the first quarter going around SA and visiting Antarctica.   Then Bucky and I rejoin for the last quarter out of Barcelona.  

Will check in on him in then...but John may indeed be a tired puppy when he returns.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

John may indeed be a tired puppy when he returns.  😄 

I am a tired puppy after one cruising week. 🙂  I hope you guys have an amazing cruise(s). It sounds fantastic.

Edited by luv2sailAgain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

I am a tired puppy after one cruising week. 🙂  I hope you guys have an amazing cruise(s). It sounds fantastic.

Thanks!!  🙂   One of those bucket list trips that was put off for two years due to Covid shut down...hoping to make up for lost time in the next two years....while we are still alive and kicking.  😄 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....going to be tough to be land lubber again once you have attained the "sea legs" for that long.  😄 

That’s never happened to me, I know friends that suffered with that even after a 7 night cruise.

@Jabra

This may sound like a joke, but if you aren't 'linked' now, consider remaining unlinked. That way she will earn a free cruise cert when she officially hits Pinnacle😉

I wish I could 'unlink' and earn a couple free cruises on the UWC. As it stands, I will 'earn' about 400 personal points after Laura departs in LA, but our shared points won't change at all. 😪

Not entirely sure about math, but I think I would pass the 1050 and 1400 pt levels

That equates to one free Balcony and one JS

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

@Jabra

This may sound like a joke, but if you aren't 'linked' now, consider remaining unlinked. That way she will earn a free cruise cert when she officially hits Pinnacle😉

I wish I could 'unlink' and earn a couple free cruises on the UWC. As it stands, I will 'earn' about 400 personal points after Laura departs in LA, but our shared points won't change at all. 😪

Not entirely sure about math, but I think I would pass the 1050 and 1400 pt levels

That equates to one free Balcony and one JS

After all that time  on a ship , you may want to trade those 2 free cabins for a couple of land vacations. 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

After all that time  on a ship , you may want to trade those 2 free cabins for a couple of land vacations. 😉

Laura earns us 1 before she departs.

Hope to book an Icon with it.

Currently have nothing booked after I get back except Bella2 IN March 2025

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura earns us 1 before she departs.

Hope to book an Icon with it.

Currently have nothing booked after I get back except Bella2 IN March 2025

We had Icon booked for March 2025 but canceled, my Wife doesn't want to go on that large of ship. Had a great cabin location and price too, Prices are Much HIGHER now. Oh well.

Edited by Jimbo