Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

This may explain why some things that are normally available on Perfect Day (one example: a day pass to the beach club area - not cabana, not beach bed, just a pass to the club area) have not yet been for sale on my Anthem cruise for February. They wanted to hold some things back for the Celebrity cruisers.

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m ok with this if there is a surf machine. The young people call it flow rider.  They could remove the Retreat Sundeck to make space for it.

My husband is retired and 59 years old ~ Loves the Flow Rider! Guess this makes him young at heart 😁

Patty

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We visited Bimini recently on a Royal ship.  It was nice. 

Infinity went there last year from Ft. Lauderdale. But not sure if it’s currently on celebrity itineraries  

1 minute ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Pre-pandemic, Celebrity stopped at Labadee for years. Now that Coco Cay has a pier, this is a no-brainer. 

In the previous thread about it, folks weren't interesting in stopping there.  Its a safe bet that on the X sailings that will stop in CoCo Cay, the kid count just went way up

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What’s with this excitement about Coco Cay?  I’d rather stay on the ship.  What’s the big deal?

For beach lovers, it’s nice to walk off the ship and be at a beautiful beach with the cruise line’s amenities available on shore. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Pre-pandemic, Celebrity stopped at Labadee for years. Now that Coco Cay has a pier, this is a no-brainer. 

I have a cruise next year currently planned for Labadee - I was planning on staying on the ship, nothing looks interesting there for me

1 minute ago, ymncruise said:

For beach lovers, it’s nice to walk off the ship and be at a beautiful beach with the cruise line’s amenities available on shore. 

I posted  the earlier screenshot, pretty safe bet it's CoCoCay!

My hubby is happy to play on the slides + I'm happy to sit in a chair without a taxi ride = Win Win! 

Although I do understand this won't be great news for all. 

Patty 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Uh ... gotta disagree. A beach is no longer beautiful when it must be shared with 2000 (or more) of my new best friends! 

• Like 3

Just now, AC Stew said:

Uh ... gotta disagree. A beach is no longer beautiful when it must be shared with 2000 (or more) of my new best friends! 

Don’t forget to add in the 2 gargantuan of the seas that hit pretty much daily. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Celebrity already is/will become a two class cruise line. One class is the Retreat which will attempt to continue the classic Celebrity experience. The other class is everything else (Aquaclass being on the edge of the two), which will be more like Royal Caribbean - removing dishes in the MDR and making dishes that used to be free a surcharge.

The point is to make Celebrity cater to a younger demographic that only cruises once a year or once every few years. The less often someone cruises, the more they spend per cruise - the only thing that Royal corporate cares about (making as much money per cruise as possible). Gen X will cruise less often than Baby Boomers in general. Millennials will cruise even less often. The market in the future will no longer be in loyalty but in less frequent guests who spend more per cruise.

Royal Caribbean is a two tier line also now with the white class.

It seems like they’re having an identity crisis with Celebrity- premium but not really much more premium

than Royal anymore, innovative but less innovative than Royal, adult oriented but trying to attract families and going to Cococay. Make it make sense. They had two distinct product lines, why mesh them into the same product with different ships now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

No kidding- at least one Oasis class virtually every day. Sometimes two. The rows of beach chairs are 10 deep at times. Not even enjoyable anymore unless you get out there at 7am.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

2 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Not to be argumentative but how is this port any different than any other in the Caribbean? I've seen 16k in Cozumel and St Maarten in a single day? Those beaches are packed!

Honestly looking for your perspective? 

Patty 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It’s so interesting how they choose who will get which marketing emails. No sign of this one in our inbox🤔

Probably didn’t send the email to those who posted they had not interest in Coco Cay😉😉

3 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Not to be argumentative but how is this port any different than any other in the Caribbean? I've seen 16k in Cozumel and St Maarten in a single day? Those beaches are packed!

Patty 

Cococay is an absolutely tiny island. And there is nowhere else to go since it is secluded. That’s the difference. 

• Thanks 1

CocoCay's pier only has room for 2 ships though, and many days through at least April 2025 already have 2 Royal ships scheduled. I don't know how X would be able to call there on a regular basis, unless they're going to tender in. 

On the other hand, the island's capacity is set to increase to 13,000 with the opening of an adults only beach in time for Icon (so January 2024).

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cw2go said:

Cozumel and St. Maartin are bigger than Coco Cay. There are beach experiences at both those islands that are not crowded. Sure lots of  cruise passengers plop at heavily polluted Great Bay Beach but there are isolated beaches for the passengers who take some initiative. Cozumel and St Martin also have things to do that are not beach activities. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, cw2go said:

My husband is retired and 59 years old ~ Loves the Flow Rider! Guess this makes him young at heart 😁

Patty

I would love to have one.  But the 70 year olds would push me out of the way.  We need more 50+ passengers.  You know.  The young ones.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Patty 

In Cozumel and St Maarten passengers go to a multitude of places, not just the beaches.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Probably didn’t send the email to those who posted they had not interest in Coco Cay😉😉

It will be cute if the email has nothing to do with Coco Cay. it might be Perfect Day at Labadee, Perfect Day at Freeport  or it could be that "Perfect Day is a misdirection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I’ve been there when the big ships were in port, and there were a lot of people, but it wasn’t that bad. There are different areas on CC and people tend to spread out. We didn’t have any problems getting chairs in the shade. I like it 100 times more than Nassau where I no longer get off the ship. I don’t mind sharing the beach 😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

What’s with this excitement about Coco Cay?  I’d rather stay on the ship.  What’s the big deal?

I know I would prefer Coco Cay over Nassau. I also like that the drink package works on Coco Cay so a beach day with beverages doesn't sound bad. Even without the beverage package, free beach club entrance with basic chairs, a basic lunch and ice tea sounds good to me.  No I don't want a day at sea, coco cay and a day at sea and return home but as a low key stop with inexpensive or free options is a winner in my book./  

• Like 5