Gold members going in and boarding with platinum members from the same family

NJEMT29

My wife and I are platinum and we will be sailing on the Mardi gras in August my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter are gold numbers I’m trying to find out if I need faster to the fun to get them to board with us or can they just follow us when they call platinum we just came off the Carnival  legend and when we boarded that ship last week, I noticed one couple had platinum and they had eight people with them and they said they were all family members and they let them board with the platinum group so do I buy faster to the fun or take the chance that port canaveral will let them board with us thanks for any help 

Why not board later with them? That's what we did on our recent cruise. We simply arrived at their appointment time and did everything with them as if we weren't of the rich and famous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

So the short answer in your situation is No, they can't board with you. The exception would be minor children boarding with their parents and folks in their same cabin. Think if all Priority folks could simply bring their non-qualifying extended family up the gangway with them.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The official answer is no, they cannot; unless the are sailing in the same cabin as you are.

However, will anyone actually stop them from boarding with you? Maybe. Maybe not. I have seen both scenarios play out over the years. Depends on the boarding agent and if they are in a good mood or even really paying attention to the boarding passes. 

Same goes for showing up before your arrival window. Sometimes they will just wave you through. Sometimes they will stop you and tell you to come back at your allotted time. I have seen that scenario play out both ways as well over the years.

• Like 5

This is always a discussion with people. I agree with others instead of trying to get them on the same time as you get on you are more than welcome to wait and join them in their line. We have this issue when we cruise with most of our friends as we are diamond and they are B/R/G we just wait and go with them because we usually want a picture taken together. We have arrived at our scheduled time and split up and our friends get on before we do because there are so many P/D members now. 

• Like 3

Carnival is often criticized for inconsistent rules/guidelines application.

Maybe if people would stop trying to circumvent the rules, Carnival might have an easier time enforcing them uniformly across the board.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

we have taken two family cruises with adult children and +1s who were new to cruising.  

my wife is platinum.  im gold.  the others were blue and red.   we all walked together and boarded effortlessly.  

it seems like its a lot quicker to board nowadays.  my first cruises tended to have a big line snaking back and forth.  now we arrive around noon and pretty much walk on board past few years.  

3 hours ago, bafinegan said:

My understanding that if the gold members are in the same cabin or are minors, they can board with the platinum members.  I may be wrong tho.

Yes, people in the same cabin can board with you and that will be reflected on their boarding documents

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

we have taken two family cruises with adult children and +1s who were new to cruising.  

my wife is platinum.  im gold.  the others were blue and red.   we all walked together and boarded effortlessly.  

it seems like its a lot quicker to board nowadays.  my first cruises tended to have a big line snaking back and forth.  now we arrive around noon and pretty much walk on board past few years.  

If you are arriving when it is just walk on, there is no issue but these questions are dealing with much earlier arrivals when others are waiting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evandbob said:

Carnival is often criticized for inconsistent rules/guidelines application.

Maybe if people would stop trying to circumvent the rules, Carnival might have an easier time enforcing them uniformly across the board.

Carnival is criticized for existing.

Imagine trying to tell "I'M PLATINUM! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? MUH HARD EARNED MONEY!" etc. people that they can't do something. You'd quickly lose interest in doing so. 

I always head the rule was if you were staying in the same room with them (i.e. my gold Mom could board if in the same room with me as a platinum) or if they were under 18 because I think children have to board with parents.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I always head the rule was if you were staying in the same room with them (i.e. my gold Mom could board if in the same room with me as a platinum) or if they were under 18 because I think children have to board with parents.

bingo, we have a winner

• Haha 1