1 dollar deposit sale next week?

liamur14

35 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'm good using a fcd instead if these $1 deals.  I believe a lot of people use it as a placeholder.  When I book a cruise I'm pretty sure to take it unless something unforseeen cones up.

We don’t have any left 😂 will buy more in November on our cruise. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We don’t have any left 😂 will buy more in November on our cruise. 

Is there a limit to how many FCD you can buy at once? We bought 6 in January, but immediately used them to book a 24-day cruise for July 2024! 

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Is there a limit to how many FCD you can buy at once? We bought 6 in January, but immediately used them to book a 24-day cruise for July 2024! 

I’m not sure.  If I remember I’ll ask in November.  

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

I’ll “bulk” up in November!  Lol. 

It is my understanding that the look back for pre-existing conditions begins the moment you purchase a FCD. May want to double check if you are looking for a pre existing condition waiver on the medical portion of insurance. Just a friendly FYI 🙂 

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I suspect much of the motivation for such a sale is to be able to report record future bookings. 

Did HaL (and all the other cruise lines) offer this many extremely low deposit sales prior to accumulating Billions of debt? 😉 

I know Princess did pre-covid.

16 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

It is my understanding that the look back for pre-existing conditions begins the moment you purchase a FCD. May want to double check if you are looking for a pre existing condition waiver on the medical portion of insurance. Just a friendly FYI 🙂 

For us we pay a bit extra for a look back of 7 days for medical.  (Remember, we are Canadian so that may make a difference).  We get our insurance from the company we used when working and still have them in retirement.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

For us we pay a bit extra for a look back of 7 days for medical.  (Remember, we are Canadian so that may make a difference).  We get our insurance from the company we used when working and still have them in retirement.  

What is a FCD?

2 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

What is a FCD?

I’m never sure if it’s called a FCC or FCD.  We buy (when on board) at the minimum a certificate of $100 each to put towards a future cruise.  It can be used as a reduced deposit on a cruise.  You can buy then book on board with it or wait until home to decide.  They expire in 4 years and your money is refunded.

I am sure someone with more knowledge on the terminology will hopefully pipe in.  So I think FCC is future cruise certificate & FCD is future cruise deposit.  

Clear as mud, right!  Fellow experienced cruisers please help out here!!  Yes, I should know the difference by now but…

• Thanks 1

I've called them fcc before and I'm sure I've been corrected.  The fcd is a future cruise deposit.  The fcc aka future cruise credit was what they were using during the height of covid when people paid then cruises were canceled. They may have other meanings or uses.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The rumor is one-day promo on 11 July. It will not apply to all cruises, but wait and see if yours is included!

Crystalspin: See the attatched email, I do not spread rumours! I have blacked out PCC info as we cannot share on this site. Hope this helps everyone who is interested.😎

holland.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've called them fcc before and I'm sure I've been corrected.  The fcd is a future cruise deposit.  The fcc aka future cruise credit was what they were using during the height of covid when people paid then cruises were canceled. They may have other meanings or uses.

I just know how to use them after we buy them (as my husband would totally agree and say I book too many!) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Pretty sure FCC is Future Cruise Credit and FCD is Future Cruise Deposit. 

That is correct. FCCs are given to you. Usually for incidents or cancellations. FCDs are things you buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, liamur14 said:

Crystalspin: See the attatched email, I do not spread rumours! I have blacked out PCC info as we cannot share on this site. Hope this helps everyone who is interested.😎

I never meant to disparage you! I like my PCC but can't think of her sending me such an alert. Thanks for passing it on, now to wait and see if applies to my situation!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I never meant to disparage you! I like my PCC but can't think of her sending me such an alert. Thanks for passing it on, now to wait and see if applies to my situation!

My PCC is worse than horrible. She doesn't return my calls or messages even to book something for me after I've identified ship, cabin, dates - done all the work - much less to give me a heads-up about something like a fabulous promo.

Yay and ugh.

On 7/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, mowogo said:

It is actually great for the line. People will just let their deposit expire rather than go through the cancellation process.  

I was under the impression that if the cruise was not cancelled before final, the entire amount of the cruise would be billed at final payment.  We have a cruise booked with the $1pp deposit.   If it is true that all we will lose is the $2 should we forget to make a move at final payment, that makes me happy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I was under the impression that if the cruise was not cancelled before final, the entire amount of the cruise would be billed at final payment.  We have a cruise booked with the $1pp deposit.   If it is true that all we will lose is the $2 should we forget to make a move at final payment, that makes me happy.

Yes, I agree.

11 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

My PCC is worse than horrible. She doesn't return my calls or messages even to book something for me after I've identified ship, cabin, dates - done all the work - much less to give me a heads-up about something like a fabulous promo.

Yay and ugh.

I’ve just had my pcc for maybe 6  so far she seems fine.  I didn’t get the promo either but I wouldn’t call it fabulous either.  It could be a case that if you have a cruise booked that you don’t receive it. I don’t know but I bet those emails are sent from the company not from individual pcc’s.  I get phone calls all the time from Princess which I suspect is recorded because I asked her a question about 3 times before she got back to me but those calls keep coming no problem.