1 dollar deposit sale next week?

liamur14

So, I was not sent that information and do not have a HAL PCC.

Will it be available if I look on the website on the 11th, tomorrow?

Just checking.

I see it is now active, I'll check.

TIA.

Edited by Cruisercl

13 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

So, I was not sent that information and do not have a HAL PCC.

Will it be available if I look on the website on the 11th, tomorrow?

Just checking.

I see it is now active, I'll check.

TIA.

It’s on the website now and fun to look!  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, nannygoatjunction said:

Is this only applicable to American customers?  I cant find any reference to a $1 deposit sale on the Australian site?  😞

I just googles Holland America and the $1 special came up as one of the links. Site is hollandamerica dot com/en_US

5 hours ago, nannygoatjunction said:

Is this only applicable to American customers?  I cant find any reference to a $1 deposit sale on the Australian site?  😞

With me, the site briefly opens the $1 page, and then the algorithm must see that we have an Aussie IP address and so off it goes. 

Social media is filled with lots of people who are booking two or three cruises (which happens with every low deposit sale), but some lady just booked 11 long, exotic cruises (21 plus days). She will 'decide later' which one she wants to go on based on what she can afford at the time. I'm sure HAL has the cancellation rate built into the formula for the sale, right? 😉 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Social media is filled with lots of people who are booking two or three cruises (which happens with every low deposit sale), but some lady just booked 11 long, exotic cruises (21 plus days). She will 'decide later' which one she wants to go on based on what she can afford at the time. I'm sure HAL has the cancellation rate built into the formula for the sale, right? 😉 

Personally, don't see the appeal of a $1 Deposit - and as especially as others have noted, if you can book using FCD's and get some OBC out of it - why would we? 

It does seem pretty gimmicky to me as well, but I hope like with all "promotions", HAL has a good idea of what actual conversion rate they will get from these $1 deposits (into actual paid bookings) - 50% 80% 20%%??

I "guess" maybe it helps HAL in that it does appear to generate a lot of buzz and gets more people looking through more cruises than they would normally ? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Personally, don't see the appeal of a $1 Deposit - and as especially as others have noted, if you can book using FCD's and get some OBC out of it - why would we? 

It does seem pretty gimmicky to me as well, but I hope like with all "promotions", HAL has a good idea of what actual conversion rate they will get from these $1 deposits (into actual paid bookings) - 50% 80% 20%%??

I "guess" maybe it helps HAL in that it does appear to generate a lot of buzz and gets more people looking through more cruises than they would normally ? 

I've never used a $1 deposit, but I think one of the big draws is to secure the good rooms and then decide later if/when you want to cruise?? 

I suspect the big advantage for these promo's is to help CCL  advertise record bookings. One sure way to scare investors is soft future projections. Us 'cruisers' are merely players in the big game.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I've never used a $1 deposit, but I think one of the big draws is to secure the good rooms and then decide later if/when you want to cruise?? 

I suspect the big advantage for these promo's is to help CCL  advertise record bookings. One sure way to scare investors is soft future projections. Us 'cruisers' are merely players in the big game.

Not all HAL cruises are included like Jan 28 ,2025 ,18 day Hawaii on Kpningsdam but the Jan 4 ,2025 Mexico 7 day cruise is included 

Dealing with women over the phone in the Phillipines  takes a extreme patience ,Very hard to understand all their words with the accent over English 

16 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Not everyone has FCDs. They do, however, have a buck.

We each had two FCD certs,vur since we haven't sailed since 2018, they expired and we're refunded earlier this year. Because we both still work, we have to account for vacation time. We don't know if we'll be able to get the time we want in 2024 yet. However, were able to choose a cruise we wanted, fully loaded with the goodies we wanted - EBP, premium Interwebs, and gratuities - at a rate we were liked. All for two dollars and almost zero risk, save for the eight bits each.

So, while you may not personally see the appeal, I can. Now that I've explained it, hopefully the scajes have fallen from your eyes and you can see it too. 🤔 🤩

• Like 1

I went ahead and booked for $1. This is my first Holland America cruise so I didn't have any credits to use. I have been planning to book anyway, so why not do it for $1 deposit. Also got the have it all package with the elite beverage package, premium wifi and crew appreciation. I'm pleased. 

• Like 3

In my case I always keep a couple FCDs in my account, but I used the last 2 when the 24/25 Caribbean season opened recently.  My next cruise isn't until November 2023.  Son & his wife mentioned they're planning a HAL Alaska cruise for their 10th anniversary (they got engaged on Eurodam in the Pinnacle Grill) and we agreed to join them.

Our TA yesterday booked both of our staterooms on the 5/13/23 7-night northbound Vancouver to Whittier.  They booked obstructed oceanview, added Club Orange and moved to a spa oceanview overlooking the bow, with the big window.  I booked DH & I into an aft wrap Neptune on deck 5.  A cruise buddy is adding her stateroom - obstructed oceanview on deck 4 midship.  With our big verandah that will be the gathering/viewing spot on the scenic days.  I'm 4-star and already have most of the perks the neptune provides, but I wanted to try an aft wrap since I don't normally book neptunes.

Total deposits for our party was $5 (5 people) - but in our case we fully intend to take this cruise!  It's not a placeholder 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Not everyone has FCDs. They do, however, have a buck.

We each had two FCD certs,vur since we haven't sailed since 2018, they expired and we're refunded earlier this year. Because we both still work, we have to account for vacation time. We don't know if we'll be able to get the time we want in 2024 yet. However, were able to choose a cruise we wanted, fully loaded with the goodies we wanted - EBP, premium Interwebs, and gratuities - at a rate we were liked. All for two dollars and almost zero risk, save for the eight bits each.

So, while you may not personally see the appeal, I can. Now that I've explained it, hopefully the scajes have fallen from your eyes and you can see it too. 🤔 🤩

Yes, of course if you don’t have a fcd it makes sense.  I just hope people aren’t booking multiple cruises that they have no intention of going on.  Not speaking of you.

• Haha 1