Just read this about Concierge Cabins

kasowell2

Maybe I missed this but I just looked up the perks for concierge class cabin and read this. On the Celebrity Site

• Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch***
  • ***Select an early check-in before boarding, online or in the app, to enjoy your luncheon on embarkation day
    † $9.95 service fee and 20% gratuity may apply

Did i miss this being discussed on Cruise Critic? This is the first I've read about a charge for the welcome Lunch for concierge. 

In case this is news to others here's the link. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Edited by kasowell2

4 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Maybe I missed this but I just looked up the perks for concierge class cabin and read this. On the Celebrity Site

• Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch***
  • ***Select an early check-in before boarding, online or in the app, to enjoy your luncheon on embarkation day
    † $9.95 service fee and 20% gratuity may apply

Did i miss this being discussed on Cruise Critic? This is the first I've read about a charge for the welcome Lunch for concierge. 

In case this is news to others here's the link. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

If you look, the charge applies to to 24 hour room service.  Notice the lunch has ***, the 24 hour room service has the +

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 6.21.54 PM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Wait--are you saying that there is no rom service charge for concierge???

No,  No charge for the lunch.  Sorry I just reread my post, and realized it could be confusing.  Too late for me to edit it.  I left the word lunch out.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Wait--are you saying that there is no rom service charge for concierge???

No.     Room service is applied to any category except Retreat, for room service.  I thought the person meant they would be charged for the concierge lunch 

Yes, the OP mis-read the list of benefits, has been corrected, and acknowledged the correction. 

to repeat.

no charge for concierge welcome luncheon

room service charge is $9.95 plus gratuity 

no charge for continental breakfast room service, other than suites

no charge for suite room service, continental or otherwise

11 hours ago, abbydancer said:

If you look, the charge applies to to 24 hour room service.  Notice the lunch has ***, the 24 hour room service has the +

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 6.21.54 PM.png

I'm more surprised at the comment about the bed size.  IMHO none of the 'king sized' beds on Celebrity are as big as my standard king sized bed at home.  Is it just me?  Am I imagining it?  I will say, though, that I find the beds very, very comfortable so not complaining, just surprised.

37 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I'm more surprised at the comment about the bed size.  IMHO none of the 'king sized' beds on Celebrity are as big as my standard king sized bed at home.  Is it just me?  Am I imagining it?  I will say, though, that I find the beds very, very comfortable so not complaining, just surprised.

@phoenix_dream The king size beds in Europe (it reads "international king size bed") are not the same as the king size beds in the USA

On 7/22/2023 at 9:11 AM, phoenix_dream said:

I have found US Queen sized beds in M and S class cabins/Sky Suites, and US King sized beds in Edge class cabins/Sky Suites. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DingoMom said:

Is this because we Americans are so much larger than our friends up North and across the pond? 🥺

No, many countries have oddly or different sized mattresses (when compared to each other) and it is more based upon furniture/bed sizing than anything else.  In Europe the bed sizes are different, Ireland has different sizes, etc.  Actually the US and UK are not too far apart in obesity rates, but neither fall within the top 10 most obese countries in the world.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:11 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I am confused! Are we having lunch in BED??! Whats going on?! 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Selion said:

Thought I'd tack on this thread instead of creating a new one.  Do all Concierge staterooms on Edge-class ships have infinite balcony instead of the traditional balcony?

I believe they all have infinite verandas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I have found US Queen sized beds in M and S class cabins/Sky Suites, and US King sized beds in Edge class cabins/Sky Suites. 

I've been on the Edge and Apex and beds are huge and very comfortable. Enjoyed lying in bed at night watching movies.