In Celebrity blocking onboard usage of CC over their WI-FI?

clojacks

Curious question. Just got off the Silhouette from Southampton through Norway and back to Southampton, and the whole voyage I wasn’t able to post any remarks, comments, threads on CC while logged into Celebrities Starlink. When we returned to Southampton, we turned around and boarded a Princess cruise around the UK and were immediate afforded full CC access. Any guesses what was going on?

7 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Was this with the basic? On my April cruise I could see pictures and post on CC while using my premium minutes, but not with basic.

It was with basic, but it wouldn’t even let me log in to reply to any roll calls I belong to.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

All the basic Wi-Fi is good for is e reading emails, You have to have the premium to do  anything more.  It is I think $10 per day more with the 20% for tips added of course.

Pre cruise upgrade  is $7.99pd for January cruise, no gratuity.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

All the basic Wi-Fi is good for is e reading emails, You have to have the premium to do  anything more.  It is I think $10 per day more with the 20% for tips added of course.

Who are the tips going to? The IT department?

Weird

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2chiefs said:

Who are the tips going to? The IT department?

Weird

I was being sarcastic about the tips as almost any Celebrity purchase has gratuities added like 20% for some one to hand you a $2 warm cookie.

• Haha 2

so no more "live from" posts from me  !

when did the limitations start?

I used to enjoy posting with pics but we only have the E + wifi  and or whatever came with our all in booking??  

truth is,  there are great stock pics on line so less need to share!

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

so no more "live from" posts from me  !

when did the limitations start?

I used to enjoy posting with pics but we only have the E + wifi  and or whatever came with our all in booking??  

truth is,  there are great stock pics on line so less need to share!

I believe it started when the starlink updates were finished.  The only way to get basic is with stardard AI but in a suite you get premium. if you do not have AI the only Wi-Fi you can purchase is the premium and it is nice. In June the Premium Starlink Wi-Fi was the best of any cruise. No problems with making video chats or phone calls with Wi-Fi calling on my phone.

8 hours ago, clojacks said:

Curious question. Just got off the Silhouette from Southampton through Norway and back to Southampton, and the whole voyage I wasn’t able to post any remarks, comments, threads on CC while logged into Celebrities Starlink. When we returned to Southampton, we turned around and boarded a Princess cruise around the UK and were immediate afforded full CC access. Any guesses what was going on?

The answer is no. I was on the Apex July 7-19 from Rotterdam to Iceland, Ireland and Scotland and I did a live trip report without issues. You can check it out. 

11 hours ago, clojacks said:

If you had the basic WIFI, it won't work. I had no issues on CC using premium WIFI. It could also just be ship positioning and a bad signal overall.

17 hours ago, clojacks said:

I have always suspected they block access to CC via their Wi-Fi. I have had issues for years on both X and RCI. Have had to wait till ashore on a different Wi-Fi or on 4G to post. It’s very annoying when you’re trying to do a “live from”