Princess Policy on Door Magnets

gators70

My wife has had the experience of placing a magnet on the cabin room door that is decorative and has a message on it from us to anyone passing by, like, "Andy and Nancy.  Bon Voyage",  Now she wants to do it all of the time.

That was on NCL Pride of America and we saw LOTS of others doing the same thing.  Does Princess have any policy prohibiting this practice?

Thanks in advance>

I have never seen a princess policy prohibiting door decorations. Last month at least 15 such decorations where on our deck alone.... one night a sign on my neighbors cabin helped me find my way after several glasses of wine! 

GO GATORS!

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, gators70 said:

My wife has had the experience of placing a magnet on the cabin room door that is decorative and has a message on it from us to anyone passing by, like, "Andy and Nancy.  Bon Voyage",  Now she wants to do it all of the time.

That was on NCL Pride of America and we saw LOTS of others doing the same thing.  Does Princess have any policy prohibiting this practice?

Thanks in advance>

No restrictions if it is a magnet.

They did stop the balloon decor for Bday/Anniv from PCL. They said it was because of tape that might damage the door.  I’m sure it was discontinued due to money.

But, as long as you don’t use tape, you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They did stop the balloon decor for Bday/Anniv from PCL. They said it was because of tape that might damage the door.  I’m sure it was discontinued due to money.

Also, there's no more balloons on the ships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Many times people used to decorations to easily identify their room door. No need for that with the Medallion Display welcoming you each time to your room.

Medallion displays are much different than door decorations. 

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We bring our own balloons and haven't had any problems being restricted.  

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

No restrictions. I have to warn you that the decorations are sometimes pilfered by other passengers. It has happened to us a number of times. Our door decoration was used to identify the cabin because of low vision.

Yep.  We stopped decorating our door with anything of the slightest value since things would often disappear.  

I just put a large, personalized magnet on our door.  Makes it easy to find our cabin and it’s fun to have a little personalized message.  On our April cruise, the magnet said “Oh Ship, it’s a birthday trip!” along with my first name and April 2023.  I had so many folks comment on it as well as wish me a happy day!  Was fun!

Personalizing an item should make it more difficult to be stolen—just got our Thanksgiving cruise door magnet with the name of the HAL ship, our first names and November 2023!  Doesn’t apply to too many people!🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

DW makes ours out of felt.  Sometimes hung on magnet, sometimes magnets sewn in.  Had one stolen by kids down hall that wasn't personalized, so now they all have our names on it.  Last one was the "Troll Road" sign (although the real sign is so covered with stickers you can't read it).

14 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Yep.  We stopped decorating our door with anything of the slightest value since things would often disappear.  

On the Sapphire, DH put an 8x10 photo in the door, held in place by a magnetic hook, the same kind we use on the cabin walls. The photo stayed, the hooked disappeared and was replaced by a tiny, flat magnet the size of a small watch battery. Geesh, thanks….kind of. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, skynight said:

No restrictions. I have to warn you that the decorations are sometimes pilfered by other passengers. It has happened to us a number of times. Our door decoration was used to identify the cabin because of low vision.

that also happened to us. Someone took a magnet from our door. They are very lucky I didn't catch them in the act.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 11:46 AM, tml1230 said:

I have never seen a princess policy prohibiting door decorations. Last month at least 15 such decorations where on our deck alone.... one night a sign on my neighbors cabin helped me find my way after several glasses of wine! 

GO GATORS!

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 12:17 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks!