What's your favorite specialty cocktail

Peckishpixie

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

Ditto.  Zacapa Old Fashioned. Made with Zacapa run, some other things I don't know and topped with an orange peal and some grated dark chocolate. 

They use their own recipe, different from what’s on Zacappa’s web page. 

Zacappa rum

Sugar cube

Dash Orange bitters

Dash Mole (chocolate) bitters. 

• Like 2

Espresso Martini and once in a while one of the desert martinis.  They are on the menu at the martini bar.  

I mostly drink Old Fashions made with bourbon.  Or just Bourbon neat.   

Sometimes I will ask for a Kentucky  mule ( using bourbon instead of vodka) or a mojito made with bourbon. 

If you like mimosas ask for one with a little Grand Marnier in it.   I will also ask for some Grand Marnier in my old fashion for a change of taste that adds a little more orange flavor.  

Many drinks are basically the same but with a different spirit or a splash of something else.   Ex tequila sunrise.  It is a screw driver but uses tequila instead of vodka and a splash of grenadine for the color.

Many drinks are the same  but called something else depending on the garnish.  Rum and coke, add a lime and it is a Cuba Libre.    Use an olive, lemon twist, or onion in a martini and it is called something else. 

Citrus Mojito uses muddled orange with lime.   Very good   It is an oxymoron as lime is also citrus.  

Should be called a orange mojito 

Drink up 🍸🥂🥃🍷🧉🍾🍹

2 hours ago, 39august said:

What is in The Last Voyage please? I usually spend a bit of time each night listening to music in Ensemble. 

Beefeater gin, Aperol, Cointreau, simple syrup, lime juice, and pineapple juice. You’ll see it on the Ensemble menu on the ship and in the app. I love the Ensemble Lounge, too. 

Edited by thebutlerdidit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Beefeater gin, Aperol, Cointreau, simple syrup, lime juice, and pineapple juice. You’ll see it on the Ensemble menu on the ship and in the app. I love the Ensemble Lounge, too. 

Ok … that’s does it! I’m now upgrading to premium on my November cruise 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaisyFire said:

Ok … that’s does it! I’m now upgrading to premium on my November cruise 🤣🤣

Before drinks packages I was really cautious about trying new cocktails…A lot of money to spend if you don’t like it when it comes. Since we have had a package I have worked my way through the menus!

Another vote for spicy mangotini! Love it!

• Like 3