Effective 10/4/23 Changes inc price Adjustments

MAXII

I don't believe I've seen this mentioned here if so, my apologies. 

My TA advised me today that after Oct. 4th, changes to my booking including price adjustments for price drops or upgrades means the AI reservation will be adjusted meaning loss of prepaid gratuities.

I should mention it is a group booking so it may not effect everyone but it is something to be aware of. Screenshot_20230906_082909_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a02f84f1f7023d4a39dae354f08f5b71.jpg

I don't post often so I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone for posting super helpful experiences  trip reports and advice.

Happy cruising everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up! I can understand if it is a rate change, as I think  that has always meant getting the promotion at the time of change. But, to lose tips because you changed cabins within a category is nuts. And this clearly says ANY change. 

• Like 1

This has been brought up but just thought of something, how or will this affect the move up bidding.  Does this mean that the gratuities will fall off on the move up if you have it grandfathered in.  

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

This has been brought up but just thought of something, how or will this affect the move up bidding.  Does this mean that the gratuities will fall off on the move up if you have it grandfathered in.  

Exactly my question! I have an upgrade “Pending”. I can’t amend it but do NOT want it if I now have to pay gratuity on 16 nights in an upper suite!!! We are currently in a SS with premium everything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Exactly my question! I have an upgrade “Pending”. I can’t amend it but do NOT want it if I now have to pay gratuity on 16 nights in an upper suite!!! We are currently in a SS with premium everything.

i sent the question to my TA to see if he can get clear answers the website still says you will get whatever perks you had go with you in the moveup FAQs .  But same if I move up will this cost me paying full grats for a suite now.  Im only doing it for 10 day cruise so will that cost me an extra 470 on top of my move up bid.  Definitely will cxl mine if that is what it is, I think I can still cxl it

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

i sent the question to my TA to see if he can get clear answers the website still says you will get whatever perks you had go with you in the moveup FAQs .  But same if I move up will this cost me paying full grats for a suite now.  Im only doing it for 10 day cruise so will that cost me an extra 470 on top of my move up bid.  Definitely will cxl mine if that is what it is, I think I can still cxl it

I always pay the gratuity on move up because I only book Cruise Only fare.

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

16 minutes ago, sheeng said:

The daily gratuity is the same for all suites.  No difference to pay

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I would certainly hope that would not be the case!!  Hope we can find out for sure soon as I would cancel my bid if that is the case.

2 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I would certainly hope that would not be the case!!  Hope we can find out for sure soon as I would cancel my bid if that is the case.

Exactly, Im looking to move from Concierge to either AQ room or AQ suite, If I lose the grats I already I have included in the current AI.  Celebrity needs to clarify this quickly I hope

31 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

11 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

But what about those of us going from Aqua to a Suite?  If they are going to remove the gratuities that would cost us a lot of extra $$ beyond our bidding price.  

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Exactly, Im looking to move from Concierge to either AQ room or AQ suite, If I lose the grats I already I have included in the current AI.  Celebrity needs to clarify this quickly I hope

It has no impact on MoveUp bids.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 1.05.42 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Thats what I am assuming but reading the flyer/pic on the initial post says any changes to your reservation after oct 4.  I read that also in the FAQs for move up, but knowing how bad Celebrity site can be at times with misinformation or outdated information  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You have given the old Celebrity answer to an old question! This is a new announcement today. Any change in your reservation after Oct.4 including ….. upgrades ….will result in adjustments and loss of pre-paid gratuities. 
yes, I’m currently grandfathered in but if I win an upgrade bid, and it will occur after Oct. 4, then I will lose my pre-paid gratuities and have to pay $700 + plus the upgrade bid.

This is what the announcement clearly states. Could it be poorly worded and in error?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sheeng said:

You have given the old Celebrity answer to an old question! This is a new announcement today. Any change in your reservation after Oct.4 including ….. upgrades ….will result in adjustments and loss of pre-paid gratuities. 
yes, I’m currently grandfathered in but if I win an upgrade bid, and it will occur after Oct. 4, then I will lose my pre-paid gratuities and have to pay $700 + plus the upgrade bid.

This is what the announcement clearly states. Could it be poorly worded and in error?

Seems pretty clear to me that you would lose the room grats. 

4 minutes ago, sheeng said:

You’re incorrect. The original post is a screenshot from a travel agents website. Not a Celebrity announcement. Any change outlined in the above alway shifts to the prevailing rate and promotion. MoveUp awards do not. What I posted is the updated All Included FAQ straight from Celebrity which is in line with how MoveUps have always worked. You keep your existing inclusions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You’re incorrect. The original post is a screenshot from a travel agents website. Not a Celebrity announcement. Any change outlined in the above alway shifts to the prevailing rate and promotion. MoveUp awards do not. What I posted is the updated All Included FAQ straight from Celebrity which is in line with how MoveUps have always worked. You keep your existing inclusions. 

Thank you I just got the same information from my TA on this.  So not to worry about losing perks that are grandfathered in even if you win the move up after oct 4  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m still trying to wrap my head around possible scenarios.  Say you booked a verandah with AI (drinks, tips, and wifi) prior to Oct 3.  You elect to pay the difference for Aqua on the same Dec cruise.  Are you charged for grats again under the new policy, which would amount to paying grats twice?  Or, are the grats on your initial verandah refunded and then you are charges Aqua grats?  Or, are you grandfathered?  And, does this effectively negate the best price guarantee for current bookings? 

The new CEO is just BEGGING their customer abandon ship.  I have 4 grandfathered cruises booked in suites (Which will take me to 50 cruises) but will be looking strongly at other options. MSC YC looks attractive as well several other alternatives.  Oh LLP how we miss ye!

52 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around possible scenarios.  Say you booked a verandah with AI (drinks, tips, and wifi) prior to Oct 3.  You elect to pay the difference for Aqua on the same Dec cruise.  Are you charged for grats again under the new policy, which would amount to paying grats twice?  Or, are the grats on your initial verandah refunded and then you are charges Aqua grats?  Or, are you grandfathered?  And, does this effectively negate the best price guarantee for current bookings? 

The key element is prevailing rate. You aren’t paying gratuities twice in this scenario because you never paid them on the initial booking. Anything you do to an existing reservation after 10/3 that requires repricing will move to the prevailing rate (i.e. the price and promos applicable on the day you make the change). It’s really pretty straightforward. 

Best Price Guarantee still applies but you need to factor in the cost of gratuities to see if the reprice is worth it.  If your cruise decreased by more than the cost of gratuities you would potentially still benefit.

23 hours ago, sheeng said:

According to what I read, just don’t change your reservation for any reason after the cutoff date. Rate adjustments and move ups are two mentioned as no nos.