Royal Changes Next Week b/c of Lee?

vision14k

6 hours ago, mickeygirl78 said:

When I sailed last September, we were notified the night before sailing of the itinerary change. I’m sailing this Saturday on Adventure so I’ve been watching. The good news is Fort Lauderdale looks good so as long as I’m on the ship I’ll be happy.

I'm also on Adventure this Saturday. We just got an email from RC (6pm est 9/7) that said they'd have an update of any changes by tomorrow evening. My hubby thinks they've had a bunch of cancelations for this sailings. He put in a pretty low room upgrade bid months ago, just because. Well, we got it. Went from an interior windowless to a private ocean view balcony for almost nothing. 

• Like 7

Just got this .............

About Your Upcoming Travels 

Dear Guest,

Before we set sail for our Harmony of the Seas September 9th, 2023 sailing, we have an update to share.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist and nautical experts, we’re closely monitoring the development of Hurricane Lee and any potential impacts to our itineraries.

We’ll keep you updated every step of the way and will contact you and your travel partner directly by tomorrow evening, September 8th, 2023 once details are finalized.

Please know being onboard a ship is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather. Your safety and well-being are always our highest priority.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Sunday 

You might get a free ride home, going North or South might not be an option for us, Going East back over the Pond might be the best option for us. Then Royal can fly us back to Bayonne. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You might get a free ride home, going North or South might not be an option for us, Going East back over the Pond might be the best option for us. Then Royal can fly us back to Bayonne. lol

What day do you leave NJ?   It's still pretty early and hopefully won't impact your sailing.

So far looks like the itinerary we have on Serenade should be good as is.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't hit land and stays at sea.   

I would really hate if it turned into another Super Sandy and hit my area while I'm in the Caribbean with my cats home alone (neighbor cat sitting)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What day do you leave NJ?   It's still pretty early and hopefully won't impact your sailing.

So far looks like the itinerary we have on Serenade should be good as is.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't hit land and stays at sea.   

I would really hate if it turned into another Super Sandy and hit my area while I'm in the Caribbean with my cats home alone (neighbor cat sitting)

Train on 13th, Cruise leaves on the 14th

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iluvvikingvamps said:

I'm also on Adventure this Saturday. We just got an email from RC (6pm est 9/7) that said they'd have an update of any changes by tomorrow evening. My hubby thinks they've had a bunch of cancelations for this sailings. He put in a pretty low room upgrade bid months ago, just because. Well, we got it. Went from an interior windowless to a private ocean view balcony for almost nothing. 

I got the email too. Congratulations on your upgrade! Looking forward to tomorrow to find out where we will be going. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iluvvikingvamps said:

I doubt very much that many are cancelling right now.  It woukd not be covered by cancellation insurance, cancel for any reason would only get you a 90% FCC or less depending on the policy.  Waiting a couple days wont change any of thst but depending on what changes Royal makes they could be able to get a full refund.  

There is no advantage to cancelling now and nothing but potential upside to waiting it out. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I doubt very much that many are cancelling right now.  It woukd not be covered by cancellation insurance, cancel for any reason would only get you a 90% FCC or less depending on the policy.  Waiting a couple days wont change any of thst but depending on what changes Royal makes they could be able to get a full refund.  

There is no advantage to cancelling now and nothing but potential upside to waiting it out. 

Not true, some cancel for any reason policies require you to do so 48 hours out.

14 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We are on this cruise. I say there is zero chance of it being cancelled. We will be on the ship; chances pretty good with original itinerary, some possibility of some port changes.  We will be safe.  Happy that I am not booked at a resort that can't move itself out of harm's way! I'm planning to just add a pair of shorts to my packing, in case we end up going south.

Where are you coming in from?

We've sailed this itinerary any times in September, and have never had an issue.  I guess we'll see what lies in store in a week!  I'm not worried; it will still be a cruise on a good ship.

Thank you!  Coming in from KY and looking forward to this cruise.  I just hope RCCL lets me know something ASAP.  

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Train on 13th, Cruise leaves on the 14th

@Jimbo  You just made me laugh!  Yes, I'm on the Jewel Greenland cruise on the 14th, and just looked at the wave heights forecast on windy.com - not good, north or south, as of now.  Going east - that would be different!

Edited by ecslady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruiseorcamp said:

Thank you!  Coming in from KY and looking forward to this cruise.  I just hope RCCL lets me know something ASAP.  

I suspect they won't tell us anything til pretty close to sail day, if even that. Things will still vary all week. If they changed us now to a southern route, and then things were fine by Thursday, everyone would be disappointed.

3 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Please know being onboard a ship is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather.

That's what they told us. Looked good on paper, in practice not so much.

9knots.jpg

Anthem-Hermine.jpg

Edited by WeatherFx
  • Haha 1

Had an Eastern cruise on Allure that actually hit Fort Lauderdale the day before disembarkation.  We were told after boarding that the cruise was being switched to a Western.  Eventually got back to port 3 days late (10 day for cost of 7).

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I 100% agree, but there are others- families, first timers, etc- that may just prefer to eat the cost out of fear.🤷‍♀️

21 minutes ago, iluvvikingvamps said:

I 100% agree, but there are others- families, first timers, etc- that may just prefer to eat the cost out of fear.🤷‍♀️

Hes a travel agent and hes telling his clients to wait for rcl if they promised to let you know by 6 pm tonight, surely they would hang on rather than up and cancel before they know...hours away now. 

39 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Just got our notice that Wonder on 9/10 is changed from Eastern Caribbean to Cozumel and Roatan. We are still scheduled for Coco Cay on Monday - isn't that too close to the hurricane for comfort?

Coco Cay should be fine.  Though I'm kind of surprised they changed things up so soon.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Just got our notice that Wonder on 9/10 is changed from Eastern Caribbean to Cozumel and Roatan. We are still scheduled for Coco Cay on Monday - isn't that too close to the hurricane for comfort?

No doubt they will be monitoring the speed, size and trajectory of the storm.  If conditions are decent, your cruise keeps your day in CoCo Cay.  If conditions are suboptimal on Monday, the Captain can cancel or shorten the day in a CoCo Cay as appropriate.  

So the Harmony Eastern on 9/9/ is now a Western on 9/9.

To ensure we have a safe and smooth journey, and to stay well away from Hurricane Lee’s path, we’ve adjusted our itinerary. We’ll now visit Costa Maya, Mexico on Day 5 and Cozumel on Day 6. Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

09/09/23

Sat

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

09/10/23

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay